Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2015, 15:55   #1

Hi there. Excize here

Hi all.

Introducing myself after perhaps 7 years of browsing through the various threads of teambhp and reading up on all sorts of contraptions and the likes. So yeah, finally a member here.

A bit about myself.
I am currently studying in the final year of a medico course which i am truly enjoying being a part of. Internship is just around the corner and i cannot wait for it any longer!
I am a squash player, but due to an injury suffered by my ankle ligaments, squash-playing has gone to a down low. I paint, sketch, and other artsy things there are, and have been doing it since as long as i can remember. Art is one of my strongest skill sets if i may add.

About Cars.
Drove a Nissan Tiida/Versa back home(moms car!). Mind you i drove it much more than her. Now i currently drive my gfs car(yeah no drivable beauty to call my own yet) which is a 1.3 ikon flair. Full of power and lovin' it. Being a 2003 model and us being the 4th owners of the workhorse, one can understand that mechanical problems will now be a common occurrence. As it is. Hence the plan to sell the ikon was decided last week.

But.

Wait for it.

Fate would not allow it. On the very day we planned to meet Mr.buyer who had decided on a sweet 65k, an unfortunate incident took place.
Missy picked me up from hostel as usual. I drove till the gate ready to head off for college. Our very own College bus in front of us slowly blindly reversed till the point we panicked and blared the horn. No avail. Radiator replacement, AC repair, buckled bonnet replacement, smashed head light replacement. 15k damages altogether(just got the final quotation today of 19k!!). Talked to college authorities and if we are truly lucky, we should be reimbursed. Looks bleak though. So, currently car is at our mechanics, not sold off as was the plan that day. And we are waiting for an official college reply.

Other vehicles driven include Lexus es350, swift, accent, wagon r, m800, Mazda 8, 1998 Camaro z28, Renault duster and Audi a4. These are the few i can remember as of now.

That's that about cars in my life.

Once the ikon is "truly" sold, i plan on buying either a m800 or a Zen 2000s model. Getting a clean ss80 would be a dream though haha.
Time will tell where the car chase shall lead, but looking forward to own something i can truly be proud of.

Well that's all about me i suppose.

See you guys around tbhp.

- Excise

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2015 at 12:03. Reason: Removing extra smiley
Excize is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2015, 11:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hi there. Excize here

Welcome to the forums Excize. Your choice of forum handle is quite intriguing, given how much we hate excise duty . Your driven car list is quite varied and extensive. May I ask where it is you drove the '98 Camaro z28? It was one of my favorite cars growing up and I still dream of driving one.
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2015, 00:57   #3

Re: Hi there. Excize here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Welcome to the forums Excize. Your choice of forum handle is quite intriguing, given how much we hate excise duty . Your driven car list is quite varied and extensive. May I ask where it is you drove the '98 Camaro z28? It was one of my favorite cars growing up and I still dream of driving one.
Excise duty eh
The Camaro is owned by a very close school buddy of mine. Basically his dad living out his unfulfilled car dreams through his son. One lucky son in this regard!
Imagine that, the dad was the one who pushed for the beast(5.7 liter engine!). That too during our school days. Mom picked me up, my buddy on the other hand zoomed off with a deep loud rumbling exhaust.
Excize is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks