Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2014, 21:28   #1
BHPian

Hey fellow petrolheads :)

Hey guys,
My name is Krishnadev and I hail from the cultural capital of God's own country, ( ie Thrissur district in Kerala ). My education is B.Tech Mechanical and my passion is more to drive cars rather than the technical knowhow. But I am not an amateur either. Currently I am running my own business. A cab service with a small fleet of well maintained cars and drivers. I have been in this field for 4 years as of November 2014. We mainly deal in corporate orders and contracts.

My business aside, I havent actually driven a cab since late 2012, these are the cars that I own presently and their odo readings.

Mahindra Scorpio 2003 April - 1, 84, 000kms
Tata Indica Vista Quad 2010 April - 88, 000 kms
Chevrolet Cruze Ltz Mt 2011 April - 84, 000 kms
Toyota Innova G4 2012 April - 56, 000 kms

As you can see april is always the time I buy a new vehicle. And also I seldom sell my old cars, mainly because I feel emotionally attached to these machines, especially the scorpio. And almost 65 % of the time it is driven by me. The rest by dad and drivers.

Service centre is mainly Auto clinic at guruvayoor. I like the guy over there and he is the reason why all of them are in top notch mechanical conditions. Well that just about sums up everything and like I said before I am not much of an expert when it comes to technicals and driving, neither am I an amateur.

Thanks to all you guys for letting me join this forum

Regards

Mordred
Mordred is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 15:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hey fellow petrolheads :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
Hey guys,
And also I seldom sell my old cars, mainly because I feel emotionally attached to these machines, especially the scorpio.
Hi Mordred,

Welcome to the forum.

I read the above line and immediately recollected an interview of Shaikh Hamad bin Hamad Al Nahyan (popularly known as the Rainbow Shaikh). In one of his interviews to Top Gear he mentioned that being a prince he doesn't sell his cars. I guess you do share your views with members of the royal family eh?

So is there any particular reason why you are so attached to the Scorpio?
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 17:07   #3
BHPian

Lol, nothing like that mate. It is just that I have this crazy habit of talking to my cars and I feel that my cars know me better than my friends and hence the attachment. Many have suggested that I consult a good psychiatrist, but a combination of passion and love is often mistaken as crazy .

And the reason of scoprio being my favorite is mainly because I learned to drive in it and have travelled almost all of kerala in it. Also it runs on very minimal maintenance bill even now. Usually engine oil, oil filter and diesel filter. Only once did I have a gearbox problem. But now it is perfect. And a very funny incident is , I seldom play the music in this car, mostly I will be rambling something or I prefer a silent drive with sound of the engine communicating ( crazy right ?? ) and once when my dad took it to town he came back and told me that the music system isnt working. And that is when I realised I am more attached to this car than any others. Becuase in the rest I listen to some light music while driving, and I never let any of my drivers to take the scorpio.
Mordred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 17:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol, nothing like that mate. It is just that I have this crazy habit of talking to my cars and I feel that my cars know me better than my friends and hence the attachment. Many have suggested that I consult a good psychiatrist, but a combination of passion and love is often mistaken as crazy .
You will find a lot of like minded members on this forum who have been suggested the same by their peers due their obsession for cars. It is only those who share the same passion understand

Quote:
And a very funny incident is , I seldom play the music in this car, mostly I will be rambling something or I prefer a silent drive with sound of the engine communicating ( crazy right ?? ).
Well, being a petrolhead, I would have surely agreed with you when you say that you prefer to hear the petrol sound. But on a Scorpio?? Man! you must really love your car.

Drive safe!
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 18:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

ah! another fella from Kerala's cultural capital. welcome to the forum mate and hope you love your stay here. looks like we've something else in common other than our hometown - i've a 2006 Getz which is nearing 1L on the odometer
Old 22nd September 2014, 16:54   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome modred,
Have a happy outing here.
And going by the number of cars and the kilometres it had clocked, looks like we have a big time runner here.

Have a great time.
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:33   #7
BHPian

Welcome to TBHP Modred.

You will find a lot of people here who are as emotionally attached to their cars as you are, me included.

Normal people will call us crazy, but that's because they think of their car as a machine, not as a trusty steed.

Enjoy your stay here!
Speed.Demon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Welcome to TBHP Modred.
Thanks speed. where exactly are you from in cochi ??
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:41   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks speed. where exactly are you from in cochi ??
I hail from Kalady, near Perumbavoor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks