Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2013, 20:07   #1

Hello Everybody!

Hello TeamBHP,

I'm delighted to have been let to join this exclusive club of car-men.

When it comes to cars, like many of you, I am a little obsessed about keeping them perfect and as close to stock as possible. Even little things/faults can go a long way in ruining my day, even making me lose sleep.

I’m going to list all the cars that we have had over the years. The ones that are still with us will be marked with an asterisk(*). Here's the list in order of their year of manufacture,

Premier Padmini Deluxe BE (1985)
Maruti 800 (1988)
Maruti Zen LX (199?)
Maruti Esteem VX(1999)
Maruti Zen Di (2003)
Hyundai Terracan (2003)*
Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi (2004)*
Maruti Esteem Di (2005)
Hyundai Getz GLS (2005)
Hyundai Elantra CRDi(2006)*
Ford Endeavour 4x2(2006)*
Hyundai Verna CRDi (2007)
Hyundai Getz CRDi(2008)*

Of these cars my personal favourite would definitely be the Getz CRDi, with the Esteem petrol coming in a close 2nd.

About myself, I am Nishant, 24, finished my B-Tech last year and i'm currently planning to get into a MBA program, abroad.

I am a big fan of Formula 1 and cheer for McLaren. I play in a couple of multiplayer F1 leagues which use the F1 series by codemasters. Here’s a link to a video of one of my races.

Coming to the EPL, I support THE REDS. YNWA

That is pretty much it about myself. Can't wait to know you guys better.
Shadowbane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 22:43   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (12)
Re: Hello Everybody!

Welcome to the forum

That is an impressive list of cars, no purchases beyond 2008? Seems like every other year up until then had a new car

Would love to perhaps read reports on your cars:
The Terracan is a rare one
No one speaks of how it is like to own a decade old Octavia anymore
Don't hear about the pre-fluidic big Hyundais either
For some reason I've always been a fan of the properly truck like Endeavor
Do share.

Ciao!
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 00:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
Hello TeamBHP,

Of these cars my personal favourite would definitely be the Getz CRDi, with the Esteem petrol coming in a close 2nd.

About myself, I am Nishant, 24, finished my B-Tech last year and i'm currently planning to get into a MBA program, abroad.
That is pretty much it about myself. Can't wait to know you guys better.
Hey Nishanth,
Welcome to team bhp.
Again its very nice to see some one from hyderabad
Hope to meet you soon.
Old 16th December 2013, 12:35   #4

Hello Shadowbane! Welcome on Board.

An impressive list of cars.

Best of luck with your MBA! And hope to see some nice travelogues from your travels.
Old 16th December 2013, 12:51   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Welcome to the forum

That is an impressive list of cars, no purchases beyond 2008? Seems like every other year up until then had a new car

Would love to perhaps read reports on your cars:
The Terracan is a rare one
No one speaks of how it is like to own a decade old Octavia anymore
Don't hear about the pre-fluidic big Hyundais either
For some reason I've always been a fan of the properly truck like Endeavor
Do share.

Ciao!
Hey Ishaan,

Thank you for the welcome.

Talking of rare cars, you seem to have one yourself. I had seen a Kizashi the other day and got to say it looked pretty stunning.

Not all the cars were bought new so the years might not project the real picture. The Terracan was bought recently, primarily to play the role of a beater. Used mainly by my dad's factory to transport stuff/clients around. I was particularly looking for a 03-04 pre-facelift model . I was told that clutch overhaul for the ones that came after 04 would cost in excess of 1lakh whereas it is a mere 25k for the one i got.

The Octavia might nearly be a decade old but the only thing that gives out its age is the license plate. There were multiple instances of us planning to replace it with a Laura, but the problems reported from within my friends circle concerning the DSG, turbo and AC compressor, kept us from getting one. It was not as if the Octavia was troubling us either so we decided to keep it. The Laura has come and gone and here is our Octavia, still going rock solid. It is currently undergoing a transformation to look like a vRS. Done with the alloys& tyres, other things will be taken up this week.

Apart from the two beater cars, Getz and Terracan,the other cars haven’t covered much mileage, moreover both the Elantra and Octavia have undergone all the recommended major maintenance repairs recently, with around 1.5 lakhs being spent on each, that is why we are hesitant to sell them and considering their current market value and how the new cars are priced, I think I am better off with these for the time being. Getz's ODO is at 81k, Terracan 150k, Octavia 76k( think is low for a 04), Elantra 33k and Endeavour at 67k.

Coming to the Endeavour, the car had served us well until it was involved in an accident a little more than a year ago. The car took most of the brunt keeping the occupants safe. Mom,dad and the driver walked away without even a scratch. However the repairs weren’t so successful with the dealership failing to detect damage to a key part. That caused repercussions. Apart from an initial sum of 3.7lakhs for the accidental repair, I have had to spend in excess of 2 lakhs for other parts that I believed at the time were because of wear/tear, but wasn’t the case. On top of all this I still face more repairs/replacements, costs of which would be another 2.5lakhs. I’ve taken the issue up with Ford India and the initial response has been positive. They said they would have a discussion with the dealer and get back to me. The dealership meanwhile, has asked me to hand over the car to them for INSPECTION and carry out REPAIRS if necessary. Din’t think it was a good idea so refrained myself from sending the car over. I am currently waiting for a reply from Ford India on their plan of action. Hope the issues get sorted out soon enough.

See you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hey Nishanth,
Welcome to team bhp.
Again its very nice to see some one from hyderabad
Hope to meet you soon.
Thank you ecosport_rules. See you soon.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks