Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2012, 10:19   #1
BHPian

Greetings from a newbie driver

Hello All,

Thank you for accepting a newbie driver in your community! I'm Naresh, a 35 year old software professional. I hail from Mumbai but have been employed in Pune for about 8 years now. I have recently learnt driving and am looking to buy my first car. I've been a lurker here for a long time - used to browse the Shifting Gears section prior to learning driving. Finally registered here so I could pick your brains about anything related to automobiles!

My interests include gaming on my PC/laptop and Nintendo DS, table tennis, PC hardware, sudoku(fiendish and above), chocolates and geeky toys in general!

Hope to have fun here!

Naresh
Old 27th July 2012, 21:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Greetings from a newbie driver

Hi,
Would you consider cars to be geeky toys? (Believe me, the level of technology in a modern car is mindboggling. So you should enjoy your stay here.)

Regards
Sutripta
Old 27th July 2012, 22:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the club, Naresh. Better late than never, they say. So feel free to post your queries.

Do make it a point to read through the various guidelines, as Team BHP is watchful about the quality of the content.
Old 29th July 2012, 20:33   #4
BHPian

b Naresh nice to have a gamer around. What are your fav ones? Even i am also a big time gadget freak. Love all that plastic, glossy screens, beautiful UIs !
Old 30th July 2012, 15:00   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the welcome mates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Would you consider cars to be geeky toys? (Believe me, the level of technology in a modern car is mindboggling. So you should enjoy your stay here.)

Regards
Sutripta
Thanks Sutripta! Actually, cars scare me! I'm totally ignorant of the science and technology that's under the hood. Hope to learn with time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Welcome to the club, Naresh. Better late than never, they say. So feel free to post your queries.

Do make it a point to read through the various guidelines, as Team BHP is watchful about the quality of the content.
Thanks honeybee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep11787 View Post
b Naresh nice to have a gamer around. What are your fav ones? Even i am also a big time gadget freak. Love all that plastic, glossy screens, beautiful UIs !
Thanks sudeep11787! The game on which I have spent most of my time and money in the last 5 years is Team Fortress 2. Other games which I play on and off these days are Street Fighter 4 series(SF4, SSF4:AE), Max Payne 3 and BulletStorm.
Old 18th August 2012, 10:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
Hello All,

Thank you for accepting a newbie driver in your community! I'm Naresh, a 35 year old software professional. I hail from Mumbai but have been employed in Pune for about 8 years now. I have recently learnt driving and am looking to buy my first car. I've been a lurker here for a long time - used to browse the Shifting Gears section prior to learning driving. Finally registered here so I could pick your brains about anything related to automobiles!

My interests include gaming on my PC/laptop and Nintendo DS, table tennis, PC hardware, sudoku(fiendish and above), chocolates and geeky toys in general!

Hope to have fun here!

Naresh
I know it's late ..but I just saw this post now.
You "chocolate eating PC gaming database creating nintendo mario cart playing" freak .. finally cars have caught your attention.
Best of luck with the ford
Post your newcar ownership experience here ..and stay out of the "shifting gears section" ; lets talk cars now.
chetanhanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks