Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 23:59   #1
BHPian

WOW!! Puff!! Made it finally!

BHPians, you guys rock, it’s an amazing community that you have our here, was more than thrilled this evening to get the approval mail, literally did a woo ha sitting in my cube at work; lucky for me, most of the folks had left by then. Have been following T-BHP right from the reviews, to the travelogues, to the mods, all of four years now and every bit has been worth it. Had intended to thank countless folks for their postings on the routes and mods, but sadly was not a member then, so I guess, I owe a big “THANK YOU” to all you BHPians out there and thanks to the admin team for running a great site and also on having me on board.

So wee bit about myself, this is Ranjith out from Chennai, been passionate about things with wheels from the day folks started getting me toy cars, current set of wheels are a Wagon R and a Pulsar. Have a restless soul, hence travelling is mandatory than anything else, love music and books. Work in the IT sector and currently manage projects for a living.

Love to drive around, specifically drives with just music for company is something I enjoy very much. Sadly the daily commute within the city, given the population density, pathetic roads, impatient drivers’ poor public transport and the number of F1 drivers in autos and share autos is nothing but nightmare.

What saddens me extremely is when I see senior citizens and people with kids breaking rules like breaking eggs, without a second thought. Hopefully our driving culture will improve as time goes by and the country prospers.

Hoping to be active on the forms and learn a lot from the experts here.
Thanks to all again, and have a happy and safe ride.
Old 8th October 2011, 12:01   #2
BHPian

Re: WOW!! Puff!! Made it finally!

Hi Ranjith,

Welcome aboard this fantastic community bus!

I enjoyed reading your intro, and hope your travelogues will also be equally enjoyable and informative.

I share your concern about the driving habits of we folks and also your optimism about the future.

Wishing you a fulfilling stay on this great forum.
Old 8th October 2011, 19:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithpd View Post
So wee bit about myself, this is Ranjith out from Chennai, current set of wheels are a Wagon R and a Pulsar.
Hey Ranjith!

Welcome to TeamBHP.

We'd love to see pictures of your ride and what you've done with it. Did you get any after-market car accessories for your Wagon R? Do you plan to get any?
Old 8th October 2011, 22:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Welcome aboard this fantastic community bus!

I enjoyed reading your intro, and hope your travelogues will also be equally enjoyable and informative.
Thanks a lot RadiantKarma. Travelogues - definitely will give my best shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post

Welcome to TeamBHP.

We'd love to see pictures of your ride and what you've done with it. Did you get any after-market car accessories for your Wagon R? Do you plan to get any?
Thanks a lot k_nitin_r, my wheels are almost 6yrs old now, but has never let me down till date "Touch wood!!". Had been planning a new ride for almost 2 years now, finally have booked the new Swift ZDI, but post GTO's review, methinks a Punto MJD 90 should be a better option.
Old 8th October 2011, 23:37   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithpd View Post
Had been planning a new ride for almost 2 years now, finally have booked the new Swift ZDI, but post GTO's review, methinks a Punto MJD 90 should be a better option.
The Maruti Swift ZDi is a rather good vehicle with a good service network and the 6-month waiting list is a testament to that. However, the Fiat Punto MJD 90 packs much more power (Swift 75hp vs Punto 90hp) and is more fun to drive so unless you mind the Tata authorized service stations, the Punto MJD 90 is the way to go.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks