Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2011, 11:33   #1
BHPian

Got BHP? Why yes, I believe I do...

Fellow Gearheads,

Finally, after many a moon of peer-pressure and rampant adoration for Team BHP by my friends, I opted to try and enter these hallowed gates. Of course, the truth of the matter being, this site has been helping me behind the scenes in many of my moto-options in life, and I believed that it was time to give back to the determined team who ensured that I am a happy motorist.

I have been interested in cars since I could crawl. Mom and dad were completely pissed by every toy car of mine being taken apart, parts categorized, redone with permanent markers and so on and so forth until I created (at least in my mind) the ultimate Frankenstein-mobile. Of course, I believed my future was car-tuning, but kinda got relegated into the IT industry. Today I'm a senior consultant in a Telecom software company based out of Bangalore. Originally, I am from the land that gave you Appam and Mutton Stew - Kerala.

I have had a long love affair with cars, and my garage includes (past + present):

a) Santro Xing (first car - the canvas for my ICE experiements. Sadly, younger brothers seem to have a passion for totalling cars and today she rests in peace somewhere. So long MK 300, you will be missed but never forgotten)

b) Ford Figo (the family car - incredible A/C, awesome mileage, boot space that would give Beyonce a run for her money and decent potential for Mods)

c) Ford Endeavour 2x4 XLT (THE BEAST!!! - I loved this machine since the first time I laid my eyes on him. This is my machine of choice in Bangalore today. Raw, rumbling power with the heart of a true fighter. I had heard about the back-seat comfort not being optimal, but I didn't care. When you sit in the driver's seat and turn the ignition, you realize that you are a bat outta hell, a battering ram, a juggernaut and something people don't like seeing creeping up on them in the rear-view mirror. This beast will not see any A/V mods, but I have been religious in making sure that exterior body shine and tyres are always upto scratch. There might be some changes in the mill a bit down the road, but not yet)

Got BHP? Why yes, I believe I do...-77_endeavour.jpg

Got BHP? Why yes, I believe I do...-endy_profile.jpg

Got BHP? Why yes, I believe I do...-endy_drive.jpg

d) Mercedes 280 SEL (Dad's baby - sadly, she is now a part of our past and no longer graces our lives. However, it kinda made sense - could've bought a Nano every time we sent the car for maintenance)

e) Lexus LS (Dad's car again - but this was an incredible car for the price. Speedy as Roadrunner on steroids and maintenance didn't make our wallets walk towards the light. Again, she remains a part of our past and is no longer associated with our garage)

Car's I've driven...looong list, but the most memorable ones for me have been:

a) Nissan Skyline GT-R
b) Hummer 1,2 (I'm hoping to buy the H2 at some stage in my life)
c) Audi Q5,Q7
d) Jeep Wrangler
e) Jeep Cherokee
f) Lexus GX
g) Land Cruiser
h) Mitsubishi Pajero
i) Skoda Octavia RS (My cousin's car in Bangalore. I love the wickedness of this unholy piece of engineering)

And if you haven't guessed it yet, I swing more towards SUV's than sedans. Currently looking to add a MM540 to the family. Just not finding that perfect unicorn here in Bangalore.

I believe I've ranted for long enough, but I'd like to say that I am extremely excited about joining this community and look forward to hearing and writing in the future.
Anarchy83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 05:43   #2
BHPian

Re: Got BHP? Why yes, I belive I do...

Welcome to the forum Anarchy!
That black Endeavour looks imposing. Do share your Endy log with all of us.
Old 27th September 2011, 12:10   #3
BHPian

Re: Got BHP? Why yes, I belive I do...

Thanks for the welcome C300. I will be sharing the log as soon as an opportunity presents itself.

<<Hint, hint - any threads on "Should I buy Endy?">>
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks