Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2005, 11:10   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
people say that you should not drive till you reach 18...agreed...but dude what about the excitement of driving before 18...im gonna be 17 right now....driving since i was 16...when you turn 18 and drive..it is like a simple cool thing...but when you are driving at an age of 15-16-17 you feel really cool...and specially when you have your own personal car...(like me)hehehe and the best thing if its repainted and modified ( like mine )hehehehe
Yeah, you will look even cooler when you are on ice, or even worse put someone else on it.

If you are driving to be cool, well then.........
Drive to enjoy it not to be cool.

I've always driven fast i guess
But wasnt allowed near the car till i was 18.
I havent slowed down over the years, but
the risks i took & crap that i used to try at 18,
i have the sense not to do it now when other cars around me
If i have to try any funny stuff, i wait till the roads are empty or go find any open stretch.
For those of you who think that driving maturity comes with age is bull, let me tell you its not.
I'm lucky i didnt hit anyone when i started driving, even tho iwas doin it legally.

As for you underage drivers on the board, if you are doing it in an open , uninhabited place its fine.

But lets not hear you guys whining about how no onw sticks to the traffic rules and how other drivers suck, coz you aint following rule one yourself

example

our resident underage expert posting in the - How do you spot bad drivers topic-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamborghini
good man
keep it up
my nexia has a brake light problem and one rarely works so that doesnt mean im a reckless driver ..
and you forgot about the one where the guy keeps on honking at you when you are at a red light ..
oh and learners driving in peak traffic in crap cars
and our resident extremely bad driver who thinks almost crashing in the rain while doing stupid speeds is really amusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
ohh yeah dude..was going to gujarat a month back...speed of 120-140 on the highway ....and whenever too much water was there on the road ..obviously were cant stop the car completely...applied the breaks...come down to 80 thhen the water tould splash and come on the windscreen...and 1ce we lost control coz of this...like my brother was driving..and was raining very heavily...dis is a day before that gujarat ka news came out..floodz and all...brother was like..i can keep the car in control i know what im doing n all...120-140 speed HEAVY RAINS...trucks around...and suddenly the water splashed on the windscreen and hez just starin at me for 5 secondz not knowing what to do ..couldnt ssee anything high speed and just said that he can control evrething...hehehe was damn funny
Old 28th July 2005, 11:28   #32
Senior - BHPian

i totally agree with you revvhead.....but this the umpteenth thread about underage driving...in fact there is a thread i remember where a bhpian crashed his car with his mom sitting beside him!!!

these guys dont care....will learn the hardway
Old 28th July 2005, 12:30   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Okay point Taken.
I think the Mods should close this topic and start a new one or if there is an old one follow it up.
And guys,
ever since i joined this site, my driving has become safer and i DO NOT DRIVE ON MAIN ROADS.
I rarely drive on the lane otside my building to the petrolpump (which is not very far away and not an any road which has dense or even medium traffic).
I also rarely drive in my buiding or the private lane outside.
Also i drive in the afternoons when there is little or no traffic so as not to cause a problem and keep my speed under check.
And if this is bad what about underage people with driving licenses ?
I am trying to control and try to bring all on road (the stretch between the house and Pump) to a stop and just know the basics and practise parking in the buidling which is relitively safe and no one will get injured.
When i began driving i did it for the enjoyment factor but somewhere along the line like Dadudeonfire i got caught on the cool bug and tried to impress my friends but after our 800 started acting up and i joined this site, i have successfully stopped doing that and am trying to control my driving style and bring it to a standstill where driving on roads is concerned (now it is 10 days a year instead of whenever possible which i guess is a decent number).
I will also never apply or get hooked onto the fake license thing or drive irrationally if i have to. I will wait till i am 18 and just practise the basics till then and that too in a SAFE AREA.
Old 28th July 2005, 13:05   #34
BHPian

lamborghini you are just 15!! thats news to me man! the knowlege you have i thought you were much older!! well guys i am in the same boat,i am 17 and my dad is not letting me touch the steering since he got his own car when he was 17 and in a street race had a pathetic accident(he does not that i know that and is never ready to accept it!)anyways it really pisses me off to see all those "kids" learn on sea face,anyways i am ready to wait but till then can gain all the knowlege from here! also will get my old indica once i turn 18(just 351 days!)
Old 28th July 2005, 13:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Been through the "cool" phase. Been through the legal-yet-reckless phase. Now I look back at some of the things I did, and shudder. I was lucky to get away with a few minor prangs. Not everyone is so lucky. PLEASE BE SAFE.
Old 28th July 2005, 13:35   #36
BANNED

no dude....i do not drive to be cool...i drive becuase i enjoy it and this is a different kind of enjoyment becuase not many people of my my age drive cars...and its fun when you take your car to lonavala and mud island and all these places becuase all your life you remember that when you were 16 you went driving to lonavala or you went driving to mudisland which is pretty close but still...
Old 28th July 2005, 18:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Been through the "cool" phase. Been through the legal-yet-reckless phase. Now I look back at some of the things I did, and shudder. I was lucky to get away with a few minor prangs. Not everyone is so lucky. PLEASE BE SAFE.
i second that dude ...
been through all these phases ... looking back ..
...i'd say to myself "i was that damn lucky" ...
(but i know given another chance i would not have repeated the same acts, because Mr.Luck is nobodies best friend for long )
.... dadude - you see it doesnt take much for a "close call " to turn into a disaster..
..be safe for yourself and others on the road..
Old 31st July 2005, 08:02   #38
BHPian

hey t_c...

firstly, welcome to the forum. hope you have a long and meaningful stay here.

i don't get what's the big deal of wanting to drive at the age of 16...

let me point out some other things you can keep yourself occupied with till you can get a drivers licence -

16 yr old girls
playstation
home theatre
algebra & geometry

i didn't drive a car till i was 25 - and it's no big deal...every man and his dog drives a car, so it's not a rocket science achievement to be driving 1 - at any age.

you have a long way to go - believe you me, wait till 18 - hey it's really cool to say 'i could've driven when i was 16, but i didn't want to break the rules'

cheers, live long and drive safe.
Old 31st July 2005, 08:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cream
let me point out some other things you can keep yourself occupied with till you can get a drivers licence -

16 yr old girls
playstation
home theatre
algebra & geometry

Make that 14 and 15 year old girls, because the ones in his group are probably going out with the older guys.

Few more things to do:

1. Watch cars

2. Read Auto Mags

3. Cycle around (trust me - its great fund and I still do it!)

4. Movies and popcorn, and movies that rhyme with popcorn

5. Endless cups of coffee in the college canteen - you wont get THAT kind of company once you're driving in your car.

Enjoy those at this age, because you cant do some of it later. Cars will always come. Before that, dont forget the bikes.
Old 31st July 2005, 09:00   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid

4. Movies and popcorn, and movies that rhyme with popcorn

hehehehe thought of it when just read movies and popcorn and you actually said it...hehehehe
Old 31st July 2005, 12:48   #41
BHPian

hey dude welcome to team bhp. i m 16 too i just wanted to say that drive safe and as satya said there is nothing that can stop you from driving anyways be careful
Old 31st July 2005, 12:53   #42
BHPian

Welcome to Team-bhp mate..have a great time here...the info that you have got after reading the mags for 2 years..well you'll get the same info in 2 weeks(maybe 2 days) lol..have fun
Old 3rd August 2005, 01:00   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting alternatives but when you have a 5 month holiday from school you do get bored.
Specially when you have limited money to buy PS2 games (100 bucks each) and popcorn (you know what i mean) - 50 bucks.
And car mags - 60 bucks each.
Besides, the raddiwallah only gave me 100 bucks for my school books.
But dude,
try cycling on the road. I love it.
But heres what else you can do along with all the other suggestions , log on to T-BHP.
Thje hours will just fly by.
Old 3rd August 2005, 02:08   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

hey guys i started to drive since i was 14..my dad used to sit by my side and teach me in the huge farmhouse we had..but once when they had gone out of station i took the car out to show off a bit in front of my friends and decided to a go 2 a friends house(girls obviously) to impress her..i had to take a right turn to reach her house and a friend of mine was urgin me to rip and i did so foolishly and took a 90 degrees turn at abt 60...and guess wht a scooter guy was coming on the wrong side of the road in the opposite direction..i did break really hard and managed to stop the car before i hit him..but that nut case got so scared seeing me take the turn at that speed tht he lost control of his 2 wheeler and rammed in2 to my car which i had managed to bring to a halt..soon the people around seeing this rushed to the scene and finding out i was underage started to talk abt takin me to the cops..scared, as they were frantically trying to c what had happened to tht scooter guy me and my friend fled the scene along with the car keys without any1 noticing..then the very same girl to whose house i was going to called up and asked me if i was alright bcoz she had seen the whole scene from her balcony as it happened right below her house..felt really ashamed but there was more terrible things to come..the car had been towed to the station and 3 guys just to make a fast buck gave a complaint saying tht i had rammed them 2 knowin tht i was underage...then the cops found my address came home and had to go 2 the station only to discover tht there were no papers in the car..had to pay a fine of 2000 to the cops so they would give my car back and another 1500 to those 3 actors to make them take back their complaint..all this happened bcoz not only was my grandpa a minister then but my uncle was assitant comissioner of police too...so using the influence they got me out of trouble as those 3 guys were insistant tht i pay them 5000 each and be put behind bars 4 a day to take the complaint back...the cops havin spoken to my uncle persuaded those 3 to go way taking 500 each and to teach me a lesson so tht i wont repeat it again my uncle asked the cops to collect a fine of 2000 from me...the receipt is till date safely kept by me and every now and then my dad shows it to any guests and says this was one of achievements done by his son, making matters worse..was 15 when this happened and it was a tata sierra...now 21,i realise how easily i had got away with such a disaster of havin 2 spend a day or 2 in the station if it hadn been 4 the influence i had...
so sincerely advise all underage drivers not to drive until u get ur licence and land in2 trouble tho having no fault of urs and really its worth the wait bcoz from tht day till i got my licence i wasn allowed to get in2 the drivers seat of a car...was out to impress a chick and ended by being laughed at by the whole school as this was the headlines in the school the next day..

so pls take care and advice ur friends to do the same for their own safety as at tht age speed thrills but dont 4get it also kills..when u get to 18 and more u r not only more mature but also aware of the situation around u and u dont tend to panic in case of emergencies...i knw i sound like a an old grandpa but havin gone thru all this wudn want any1 to face the same situatuion...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks