Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 10:17   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati + Rossi = 2011 champion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaynmantis View Post
Well, the season is well underway. 5 races so far, with Lorenzo leading by seven points, followed by Stoner. And all seems to be quiet here. Despite the negative comments I read about Lorenzo, He seems to be doing fine. Leading in fact.
JL is on top of the points as Rossi took Stoner out in Jerez, then Simoncelli got impatient and lost 1st position. Thus the way things look currently, JL is wining as others are faltering but nothing special as last season.

Quote:
Rossi..well he hasn't even make the podium yet.
He was on podium at Le Mans. Yes not on the top yet. Given the way his bike has behaved and the slow motion in HD reveals the way he is fighting and almost sliding to take the corners, the pure Carbon fiber way hasn't really worked for Rossi. The new setup will make it easy for him to corner at greater speeds.

Quote:
Ducati and Rossi will catch up. But most likely thats what they will be doing the rest of the season...catching up.
Things can change mid way. I think it will be Honda factory, Ducati, Honda, Yamaha factory this year.
Old 8th June 2011, 02:07   #47

Reports from Italy suggest that Valentino is much happier with the front of the bike now! He feels that it is behaving in a more predictable manner which ought to make it easier to "feel" the differences that adjustments make. The adjustments are now in small increments instead of massive changes!

All we need now is for the rear feel to be improved in time for Mugello!
Old 8th June 2011, 10:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
J
He was on podium at Le Mans. Yes not on the top yet.
My bad . He did made podium. That too just two races back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Reports from Italy suggest that Valentino is much happier with the front of the bike now! He feels that it is behaving in a more predictable manner which ought to make it easier to "feel" the differences that adjustments make. The adjustments are now in small increments instead of massive changes!

All we need now is for the rear feel to be improved in time for Mugello!
I did notice he is making improvement. Others will also make improvement. Thats the nature of the sport. But to expect him to win championship this season as some thinks is unrealistic. He'll be lucky to finish third.
Old 9th June 2011, 02:43   #49

I agree with you kaynmantis. The changes at Ducati are taking time to arrive at the track - partly because of the engine regulations!
I don't think that Honda can improve their bike any more than it is - I also think that Yamaha have reached a point where there is not a lot to come from their motor -- but Ducati can still make improvements!
Sadly they will not appear in time to let Valentino challenge for the title this year, but all changes (especially the chassis) will be of use for next year when the 1000 bikes appear!
Old 9th June 2011, 09:51   #50
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ducati + Rossi = 2011 champion? No

Some Info :

MotoGP Catalunya: Rossi faces 'three race wait' for new parts | Bikesport News | News

Marlboro Ducati's Valentino Rossi faces a wait of up to three MotoGP races before he will see new parts that he hopes will fix the rear grip and stability problems he is experiencing on the current Desmosedici GP11.

The Doctor, who successfully debuted a new engine in today's Barcelona race, says that although he has now got a good feeling with the front, there is still a lot of work to do with the rear and going with an unknown setting in today's race, where he finished fifth, was a mistake.

"We fix well the front of the bike but we lose in other places especially the rear. For this reason Ducati is working on rear suspension, some linkages and we have to wait for those for two or three races," said the nine-times world champion.
Old 10th June 2011, 04:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

At the last race, he kept Simoncelli in the Honda who qualified pole at bay right until the end of the race.
Rossi still has what it takes. I like the way he's developing the bike. Fast and HOW!
Matter of time.
For me, its a deja vu from his Honda RCV to Yamaha M1 transition days.

And if it rains, he's a threat to even Stoner with this unsuited bike (no pun intended. Count the number of places he climbed in that single wet race).
Old 27th June 2011, 02:30   #52

Things don't look good for Mugello! I was informed that the Silverstone chassis was new. Vale then told the press that it was the current chassis but he couldn't get it to work! I feel that maybe it was new - it didn't work - it got thrown in the bin out back of the race shop!
Assen showed very little improvement despite the 11.1 chassis -- Mugello MUST show an improvement or the "yellow army" will be ready to slit their wrists!
Old 29th June 2011, 17:18   #53

Courtesy of this weeks copy of MCN.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks