Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

The Korean GP is going to a cracker of a race.
All the title contenders are sitting at the top.
Red Bull 1-2 again with Alonso slotting into 3rd. Hamilton is in 4th.
Button will have a hard time starting from 7th.
Massa and Rosberg will play a very crucial role in the race tomorrow.
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Battle royal tomorrow!

Too bad, Alonso could have had another lap!
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:24   #18
BHPian

Love the way red bull handles in sector 3 absolute delight; I guess alonso has a number on webber if Hamilton doesn't pressurize him
Brilliant race come tomorrow
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

There was 1 second left when Alonso set his time, so he could have had another lap. But we don't know if his tyres would have held up for one more flying lap.

The pit entry in this circuit looks dangerous. Seriously, how could somebody miss something so glaring as this?

I think Button with his usual tyre heating problems will find it harder tomorrow and may well be out of the WDC race after tomorrow. If Hamilton can somehow overtake Webber at the start, then we have a race on.
Old 23rd October 2010, 12:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

It's better to be in the 'odd number' qualifying positions.
Webber and Hamilton are most probably going to need a 4x4 to tow them out of their grid positions starting on the dirty line.
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

Red-Bull will not find it easier here. Their race-pace isn't as good as their qualifying and I feel the Ferrari and Red-Bull are on equal terms here. Alonso should look at taking Webber at the start and try replicate Monza stategy here.

Good showing from Massa and Schumi isn't faraway too
The pit lane entry is a joke and we saw Hamilton almost putting his car into the wall in qualifying.

Looking forward to a great race.
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

What a lap by Vettel to snatch that pole!!

He was on the very edge at the second last corner. As i watched him around that corner I felt that he would beat Alonso.

Now lets let loose the dogs of war!! Straight line speed of the McL's and the Ferrari versus the aerodynamic efficiency of the Red Bulls.

Frankly I would not grudge either Vettel, Webber, Alonso or Hamilton the championship. These guys put up an awesome show this season!!

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 23rd October 2010, 23:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Rain expected in the morning before the race. That would mix things further!

The track is superbly designed except for the pit entry & exit which Tilke probably designed when he was high on something. Its simply stupid & dangerous. Otherwise things are mixed up really well for a superb Korean cocktail.

The Korean GP easily becomes one of my favorite track, now hoping for a superb show tomorrow!
Old 24th October 2010, 00:25   #24
BANNED

The hot favourite even with the stewards.

Its become a love to hate schumi situation,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1.com View Post
Schumacher reprimanded for impeding Barrichello

Mercedes GP’s Michael Schumacher has been reprimanded by the Korean Grand Prix stewards for impeding Williams’ Rubens Barrichello during Saturday’s qualifying session for the Yeongam race.

After reviewing video evidence and telemetry data, the stewards decided Schumacher blocked Barrichello between Turns 10 and 14 during Q2 and handed him an official reprimand for breaching Article 16.1 of the sporting regulations.

“The stewards note that irrespective of the team’s opinion that car 9 (Barrichello) was not on a “fast lap”, it is ultimately the drivers responsibility to be conscious of closing cars via the use of mirrors and blue flags/lights,” said a statement released by the FIA.

Schumacher’s team mate Nico Rosberg also escaped a penalty after being investigated for blocking Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso during Practice Three.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th October 2010 at 00:27.
Old 24th October 2010, 11:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

The rain has added lot more spice into the Korean GP (as if it needed more).

This will be a absolute thriller.
Old 24th October 2010, 11:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
The rain has added lot more spice into the Korean GP (as if it needed more).

This will be a absolute thriller.
the rain has already red flagged the race !!...all the time the cars are stationary is part of the 2 hr limit for any race.

will this race even start?
Old 24th October 2010, 12:00   #27
BHPian

Shame on F1

As much as i admire the good intentions on the safety of the drivers, I firmly believe that the charm of F1 has been deteriorated drastically over the past decade. Heavy rains and the F1 race starts behind the safety cars and red flags come out.

Thank heavens that the Formula one Management was different during the good times (80's, 90's, early 00's) else we would have never known the greats like Senna, Schumacher (Spain 96) or even the fantastic tracks like Belgium etc.

It is such a shame that F1 is in the state that it is today, although many may argue that it is for the betterment of the sport you need to keep in mind that during the glorious days drivers got into the cars with their life on the line, no one had assurance that they would get out of the car breathing or in one piece. That was the spirit of F1, That folks is racing.

Ashamed to say that F1 on Playstation has become more adventurous than the actual sport
Old 24th October 2010, 12:10   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
As much as i admire the good intentions on the safety of the drivers, I firmly believe that the charm of F1 has been deteriorated drastically over the past decade. Heavy rains and the F1 race starts behind the safety cars and red flags come out.

Thank heavens that the Formula one Management was different during the good times (80's, 90's, early 00's) else we would have never known the greats like Senna, Schumacher (Spain 96) or even the fantastic tracks like Belgium etc.

It is such a shame that F1 is in the state that it is today, although many may argue that it is for the betterment of the sport you need to keep in mind that during the glorious days drivers got into the cars with their life on the line, no one had assurance that they would get out of the car breathing or in one piece. That was the spirit of F1, That folks is racing.

Ashamed to say that F1 on Playstation has become more adventurous than the actual sport

First GP at Korea, must not get washed away.

What last heard from RACE CENTRAL

1) The rain has eased, and the race might resume.

2) It also mentions about Kubica getting out of his car and getting into pit garage not expecting the race to start , Now thats ATTITUDE. What about the million fans across the world and those who have toiled day in and out at Yeongam to get their first F1 track and race ready in time. and those present there at the circuit to witness Korea's first F1. Shame on such attitude.

3) The race suspension period does not count towards the 2 hour time limit set for the race.

While i cant comment about the safety issues. How did F1 survive in olden days inspite of all odds, how come with growing technology the F1 cars have become more fragile than become stronger by time.

What a dirty way to start a nice sunny Sunday. Firstly the F1 is delayed due to rain and the India Australia One dayers delayed again due to rain.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 24th October 2010 at 12:18.
Old 24th October 2010, 12:17   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
First GP at Korea, must not get washed away.

What last heard from RACE CENTRAL that the rain has eased, and the race might resume.

But it also mentions about Kubica getting out of his car and getting into pit garage not expecting the race to start , Now thats ATTITUDE. What about the million fans across the world and those who have toiled day in and out at Yeongam to get their first F1 track and race ready in time. and those present there at the circuit to witness Korea's first F1. Shame on such attitude.

While i cant comment about the safety issues. How did F1 survive in olden days inspite of all odds, how come with growing technology the F1 cars have become more fragile than become stronger by time.
I'm sure and confident that if the greats like Ayrton Senna were alive today he would have rather committed suicide than drive F1 the way it is today.

Following F1 from the early 90's and after having seen almost every single race from the 80's (videos / documentaries), a few from the 60's and 70's this is the hardest time as an F1 fan for me.
Old 24th October 2010, 12:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

when the rain is goes away, the next issue to battle is reducing daylight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks