Qualifying 14:00

Sun 09 May 2010

Race 14:00

Race Date: 09 May 2010
Circuit Name: Circuit de Catalunya
Number of Laps: 66
Circuit Length: 4.655 km
Race Distance: 307.104 km
Lap Record: 1:21.670 - K Raikkonen (2008)

The Fifth race for the season and the we are still confused on the top 5, thanks to the new points system.

No predictions from my side for the coming race, lets see what the race day has in store for us.

But, who will be in the probable top 3.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Spain- Circuit de Catalunya-f1_circuit_de_catalunya.jpg  

2010 F1 Spain- Circuit de Catalunya-spain_circuit_de_catalunya_large.jpg  

Old 26th April 2010, 10:21   #2
BHPian

Now this is the latest regarding Schumi's car; hopfully it will turn out to be better for him and us

Mercedes introduce new car to fix Schumacher | Planet F1 | Formula One News
Old 26th April 2010, 11:39   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Now this is the latest regarding Schumi's car; hopfully it will turn out to be better for him and us

When it comes to Hot news in F1 , it has to be Raj all the way.

Good to hear this, hopefully this will end all the speculation about his form on comeback.
Old 26th April 2010, 11:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

The PF1 has been crapping around too much! They have mixed up all the different source for this news to make it look like a new car made specifically for Michael to improve.

Its the MGP01 which has the shortest wheelbase of all the front runners and they are struggling with weight distribution and finding the right balance. Now the longer wheelbase is expected to resolve all balancing issues for both Rosberg & Michael and make the car more efficient.

Michael is driving a different generation of car from his time and its more or less like starting without any baselines to validate any improvements. In china he couldn't find a setup to be kind on the tires and also be faster. When he was inters it dint even last him for 10 lap stint. I am sure he will come back strong when the balancing issues are sorted out.

The brit press simply wants to have its time beating around Michael's bad time in F1.

My top 3 for Barca,
Michael
Alonso
Hamilton
Old 26th April 2010, 12:34   #5
BHPian

My top three for the race would be

Vettel
Webber
Alonso

followed by
Micheal and rosberg.
Old 26th April 2010, 13:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post

this just shows that michael's brilliance at ferrari was mostly due to the car. rosberg doent seem to have any trouble whatsoever!

anyway, im happy about this. once he performs miserably with the new car, there wont be any excuses left and it will be proved once and for all that schumacher is and always was an average driver in an amazing car and a team-mate who made him look better than he was (not just barrichello, felipe "over-rated" massa too).
Old 26th April 2010, 13:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

^ Do you have any idea where & how he won his first 2 world championship?
Old 26th April 2010, 13:58   #8
BHPian

I strongly feel that Hamilton will finally have a strong & steady strategy in Spain after goofing up strategies in the first 4 races of this year. So, he is ready to be back with all strength! He would be closely followed by Vettel (may take pole yet again!) and then by Alonso. Roseberg/Webber/Schumi/Kubica would be behind the top 3 in random order!
Old 26th April 2010, 14:49   #9
BHPian

Vettel , Alonso and Hamilton on the podium I think . Hopefully RedBull will have the trick F-Duct system for Barcelona . The Mercs should be quicker too . Schumi should be more comfortable in the European circuits .
Old 26th April 2010, 16:51   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^ Do you have any idea where & how he won his first 2 world championship?
Of course! The first year was at Benetton in 94 thanks to the absence of a Mr.Ayrton Senna. And the next was with the same team in 95 thanks to a piece of unsporting behaviour where he took out his title rival Damon Hill and went on to win.

Anyway, allow me to point out that Benetton were using Renault engines which were at the peak of their performance and the best on the grid. So again, average driver, excellent car. He is one lucky guy, i;l admit that.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

^^

1994 - Benetton was running with the Cosworth engine and even before Senna's sad demise, Michael had 2 wins to his name.

1995 - So it was just Michael who did moves on Hill to win the championship?

Where was Benetton with the so called Renault engine at 'peak of their performance' after Michael left for Ferrari?

- or -

Where was Ferrari in the Constructor's table before Michael joined them in 1996 and where did they did finish in the 1996 season?

My friend, we are going terribly offtopic, let us please stick to the title here!
Old 26th April 2010, 17:27   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Of course! The first year was at Benetton in 94 thanks to the absence of a Mr.Ayrton Senna. And the next was with the same team in 95 thanks to a piece of unsporting behaviour where he took out his title rival Damon Hill and went on to win.

Anyway, allow me to point out that Benetton were using Renault engines which were at the peak of their performance and the best on the grid. So again, average driver, excellent car. He is one lucky guy, i;l admit that.

Hilarious, By no freak can Schumi become the Legend.

He's proved many a times, that he's better than anyone on earth when it comes to hardcore F1 racing.

Whole universe knows what Ferrari is today because of Michael Schumacher.

Every time we go . That shows how important Schumi is to F1.

Last 3 years have been a dull year for F1 without him, and now the media is busy, so are many Schumi fans across the globe.

We still have 14 more races this season, and we hope Schumi gets a better car and deliver's as expected.

And no F1 driver in the circuit is extraordinary if not for his car. That implies to Hamilton, Button, Alonso, Massa or Nico.

These guys can never in their lifetime achieve 50% of what Schumi has done in his career, even with the greatest car around them.
Old 26th April 2010, 21:50   #13
BANNED

Got some news about Schumi's new car setup.

Source F1.com

Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website

And someone says, he's not agressive and lost his racing skills, Schumi again defends the ROC this year yet again.

Source F1.com

Formula 1? - The Official F1? Website
Old 26th April 2010, 22:56   #14
BHPian

Just hoping these new changes gets Schumi on the Podium.

BTW are the drivers allowed to do test runs now?
Old 27th April 2010, 13:17   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^

1994 - Benetton was running with the Cosworth engine and even before Senna's sad demise, Michael had 2 wins to his name.

1995 - So it was just Michael who did moves on Hill to win the championship?

Where was Benetton with the so called Renault engine at 'peak of their performance' after Michael left for Ferrari?

- or -

Where was Ferrari in the Constructor's table before Michael joined them in 1996 and where did they did finish in the 1996 season?

My friend, we are going terribly offtopic, let us please stick to the title here!
Sorry that we are going off topic but one last response.

1. Im aware MS already had two wins to his name but with a talent like Senna it is in no way conclusive that he would have beaten Senna at the end of the season based on just that 2 win advantage.

2. Sorry it was Benetton Cosworth in 94 and Benetton Renault in 95. My mistake.

3. After Michael left for Ferrari, Renault were indeed at "peak performance" as the 96 and 97 titles that Williams won (in total dominance almost) will prove. It is only once they quit in 98 that Ferrari and Mercedes started dominating

4. Ferrari were having a bad few years until 96 just as they did in 2009. Let me remind everyone that Ferrari is not Micheal Schumacher. That is an insult to the proud history of the team and the many great champions who represented them since the 50s. MS is just one of them.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks