Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 01:29   #76
BANNED

Lets stop talking about Hamilton weaving and all.

Our good old Sutil in the Force India car kept him at bay for a dozen laps before the chequered flag

And about Hamilton and Schumacher comparisions.

Hamilton will never achieve half of what Schumi has, his entire career.

Sorry for being blunt, but thats the truth.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 8th April 2010 at 01:31.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Lets stop talking about Hamilton weaving and all.

Our good old Sutil in the Force India car kept him at bay for a dozen laps before the chequered flag

yes, that's true Hamilton or any current drivers in the near future will not achieve half of what michael has cause they all got good competition now. post 2000 whatever michael won was effectively in a one horse race. that is the truth
Old 8th April 2010, 11:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Mate, I would seriously appreciate his driving skills & the brilliant race he drove but there is also something called sportsmanship.

There are certain unwritten rules which are agreed between drivers during the pre-race drivers meet to maintain the spirit of the rules and ensure sportsmanship all around the track.

The change of direction being restricted to only one direction when someone gets a tow on another car is to ensure overtaking and also give every one a chance to fight.

If every driver starts to break this rules and start weaving on track when somebody gets a tow, its only going to look absurd and Hamilton was simply setting a bad example and making more sour feelings among his fellow drivers on track.
Well i wonder where all those unwritten rules went during the hay days of Schumacher. His stunts and tricks were far worse than what hamilton did. And since he was majorly popular that time his driving stints were heroic for most.
What hamilton did was smart. IMO. Saves him time from having to re overtake petrov again.

Quote:

Hamilton may never achive what schumacher has done purely because there hae been major rule & regulation changes since that time.

BUT

HAMILTON in 2010 is WAY BETTER than Schumacher. WAY better. IMO.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:25   #79
BHPian

this i going on the way to become another schumacher bashing and supporting thread instead of what it is .IMO
Old 8th April 2010, 11:35   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Hamilton i think drove a brilliant race. From 22nd to 6th on a dry track is simply awesome.
What happened with petrov was not aggressive at all. Nor was he blocking petrov. I think it was just great strategy by lewis. He was anyways much faster than him.
Youtube video grab of the overtaking:
YouTube - F1 2010 Malaysian GP - Lewis Hamilton fights and overtakes Vitaly Petrov
correction! it was from 20 th to 6th , brilliant? sure but so did Massa. He drove from 21th to 7 th .
I am not a big fan of Massa and his driving skills, but one must give credit where it is due!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Hamilton may never achive what schumacher has done purely because there hae been major rule & regulation changes since that time.

BUT

HAMILTON in 2010 is WAY BETTER than Schumacher. WAY better. IMO.
Very true ! For that matter even Rosberg seems to be better

Last edited by amulu10 : 8th April 2010 at 11:42.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:37   #81
BHPian

i am sorry double post! mods please delete it!

Last edited by amulu10 : 8th April 2010 at 11:39. Reason: double post
Old 8th April 2010, 12:03   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean just like Alguesuari held up Schumacher for ages in Australia. Or the Virgin actually overtaking Schumacher? How often do you see Hamilton stuck behind uncompetitive backmarkers?
Old 8th April 2010, 12:08   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
He's not doing something illegal. In F1 that's called being smart. The unwritten two changes in line rule among the drivers only applies at the braking zone. He did his manouver far away from the braking zone. He realized there was a loophole and used it well.

Now the FIA saw that this would ruin the racing, hence the warning. I'm sure the FIA have had a word with all the drivers making it clear that that kind of move should not happen in the future.

Sportsmanship is not even remotely related to this. If angering other drivers is unsporting, Robert Kubica would be another candidate from this weekend with that pitlane racing during qualifying. In reality, that's another smart driver exploiting the rules well. If you want examples of real unsporting behaviour, plenty of Schumacher incidents should come to mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
Well i wonder where all those unwritten rules went during the hay days of Schumacher. His stunts and tricks were far worse than what hamilton did. And since he was majorly popular that time his driving stints were heroic for most.

What hamilton did was smart. IMO. Saves him time from having to re overtake petrov again.
I was thinking we were discussing about what happened in the Malaysian weekend of 2010. Not to discuss what Schumacher did in 1997 or what Coulthard did to Michael in 1998. For whatever Schumacher did on track he was aptly punished. He was even suspended from the 1997 championship. That is over and gone long way into the history books.

Did you see Hamilton overtaking a lot of cars along the straights of the Malaysian circuit. Either while entering a corner from a straight or while exiting. How many drivers did you find weaving in front of Hamilton to avoid a tow? If all the drivers who Hamilton overtook did this weaving where do you think Hamilton would have stayed by the end of the race? He will only be breathing dirty air and loads of tarmac remains on his face all through the race.

He is setting a bad example among the drivers and you folks wanna call this a smart thing in F1!? If its a mistake, have the heart accept that your hero should be smart enough to race fair on track and win rather than getting excited about finding words to defend him and prove he was actually smart.

Remember this..!? A perfect example of what happens when you break those unwritten rules. Coulthard got Schumacher almost killed in that stupid move.

Old 8th April 2010, 12:40   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was thinking we were discussing about what happened in the Malaysian weekend of 2010. Not to discuss what Schumacher did in 1997 or what Coulthard did to Michael in 1998. For whatever Schumacher did on track he was aptly punished. He was even suspended from the 1997 championship. That is over and gone long way into the history books.
You said it was unsporting and I gave you examples of real unsporting behaviour that have, as you pointed out, been punished. Its not just 97 btw. Parking the car at Rascasse in qualifying is unsporting too. End of the day, its only unsporting when it breaks either a rule or an agreement among the drivers. Hamilton did neither.

Quote:
Did you see Hamilton overtaking a lot of cars along the straights of the Malaysian circuit. Either while entering a corner from a straight or while exiting. How many drivers did you find weaving in front of Hamilton to avoid a tow? If all the drivers who Hamilton overtook did this weaving where do you think Hamilton would have stayed by the end of the race?
Only one person could do that manouever and he too could only do it once. Its about doing it before it gets illegal. That's why its called smart. Because as much as you moan about it, the FIA certainly didn't see it as a punishable move.

And Hamilton's manouever was not dangerous because, let me remind you, it was Petrov who followed Hamilton's weave. It was not a case of Hamilton blocking Petrov which would risk an accident.

I guess its difficult for some to accept that he's both naturally fast as well as able to out-think the rest of the drivers. End of the day, he's doing a great job and putting in top class performances. Perhaps its that success which annoys his critics even more.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Only one person could do that manouever and he too could only do it once. Its about doing it before it gets illegal. That's why its called smart. Because as much as you moan about it, the FIA certainly didn't see it as a punishable move.
The warning from FIA to Hamilton during the MalaysianGP was then to keep the Renault/Petrov happy and not to warn an unethical driver?

Quote:
And Hamilton's manouever was not dangerous because, let me remind you, it was Petrov who followed Hamilton's weave. It was not a case of Hamilton blocking Petrov which would risk an accident.
It was not dangerous to cause an accident, but its unethical of not giving your opponent an opportunity. Overtaking in F1 is on the verge of becoming non-existent and with this attitude it will only make F1 more insane.

Quote:
I guess its difficult for some to accept that he's both naturally fast as well as able to out-think the rest of the drivers. End of the day, he's doing a great job and putting in top class performances. Perhaps its that success which annoys his critics even more.
His success!?

Was Hamilton driving a Redbull in Malaysia?

Last edited by anachronix : 8th April 2010 at 12:48.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:51   #86
BHPian

Remember this..!? A perfect example of what happens when you break those unwritten rules. Coulthard got Schumacher almost killed in that stupid move.

[/quote]

I would not blame Coulthhard for this one. I guess Schumi was too close at the turn and the water spray blinded him. Infact I found it quite stupid on Schumis part to have a go at Coulthard. It was clearly an over excited Schumi, gone out of control.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:04   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
I would not blame Coulthhard for this one. I guess Schumi was too close at the turn and the water spray blinded him. Infact I found it quite stupid on Schumis part to have a go at Coulthard. It was clearly an over excited Schumi, gone out of control.
Do you really have an idea about that accident?

Coulthard had a mechanical failure and was returning to the pits and he should be staying away from the racing line in these conditions. Michael was coming behind Coulthard on the racing line and the crash happened?
Old 8th April 2010, 13:17   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The warning from FIA to Hamilton during the MalaysianGP was then to keep the Renault/Petrov happy and not to warn an unethical driver?
Look at it this way. If Hamilton had broken a rule, he should have gotten a drive through. Renault, after the race, criticized him but again did not protest formally. That's because he didn't break any rule. The warning could only then be because he's in a grey area of the rules. I posted about this after the race. That's what I think about the incident.

Quote:
It was not dangerous to cause an accident, but its unethical of not giving your opponent an opportunity. Overtaking in F1 is on the verge of becoming non-existent and with this attitude it will only make F1 more insane.
You are talking from a spectator's point of view. But a driver's job is to keep his competition behind him at all costs. Why wouldn't he do what he did, then? In fact, any driver would have done that if they realized they wouldn't be punished.

Quote:
His success!?

Was Hamilton driving a Redbull in Malaysia?
He's eight points off the leader after three races in a second rate car despite two monumental strategic blunders. That's pretty cool if you ask me.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 8th April 2010 at 13:19.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:25   #89
BHPian

The blame-game merry-go-round - here we go again !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
I thought Coulthard came out & accepted responsibility for this incident. The thing is you do not back-off on the racing line when you know somebody much faster is behind you - more so when visibility's poor.

If we're going to discuss "unsporting" drivers, then what about Senna ? If ever a driver set a bad example, it was the Driving-God himself. The reason Senna is off the hook & we're still debating 1997 is because of Senna's untimely demise (God bless his soul) & the consequent glorification (martyrdom ?).

If you ask me, Senna, Schumi, Alonso, & Lewis have all been cut from the same vein - their credo is winning irregardless of cost - that's what makes them fun to watch. And 'NO', I don't think the 'Rascasse Incident' was deliberate !
Old 8th April 2010, 13:38   #90
BHPian

Spotted this beauty

Was in KL just before the Grand Prix and managed to capture this beauty parked in the lobby of the famous Petronas Tower.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 F1 Petronas - Malaysian Grand Prix-img_0942.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks