Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 17:30   #106
BHPian

Re: Who is F1's greatest?

^^Completely agree, there were even some hot head issues in RedBull during 2010 season with lot of exchange and incidents between Vettel and Webber.

Messed up my ranking though, it must have read Senna = Prost < MS < Vettel. I expect Vettel to surpass all he other greats, winning 2 seasons in a row against former champions like MS, Alonso, Hamilton and runner ups like Webber, Massa, and co., is not any easy feat. All this being the youngest only adds for talent and future opportunity.
Old 1st February 2012, 22:42   #107
BHPian

Re: Who is F1's greatest?

For me an avid fan of Formula 1 from 1993 till about 2006 - without a shadow of doubt it has to be Schumacher.

Yes, I know at this point of time there would be quite a few people who jump up and cry foul on Schumacher's ethics, team - orders blah and blah.

But then every single great driver that i can think of in the history of the sport from Gilles to Fangio have benefited from Team orders. Some of the greats including Senna's motives on certain crashes is definitely questionable.

The reason I term MS great? F1 is an unpredictable sport, by the very nature of it. MS made it predictable (boring according to British Media) and he is one single soul that influenced maximum changes in sporting rules in F1 history. When i say influence, F1 started to get desperate and started changing rules to try and stop him from winning. Including the ridiculous one tyre per race, changes to Qualifying structure etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks