Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2006, 18:12   #61
BHPian

Senna ofcourse.
MS does not come anywhere close to him. If anything MS is responsible for a lot of wrongs than rights in F1.
Old 29th August 2006, 18:41   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u
12 yrs later AYRTON SENNA DA SILVA is still the only name which gets u Emotional.
Oh! so now greatness is measured by emotional quotient.... Tell you one thing.... I know senna was a damn good driver, but his death ON THE TRACK has really immortalised him.... Each and every person has some kind of a soft corner for him now.... Even his bitter opponents of one time.... For Schumi it is not the case coz he is pretty much alive and kiking the a$$ of drivers, whose supporters are crying foul....
Quote:
Senna had style talent guts and desire to cross limits man & machine.
Schumi does not have style its something he misses alot, although he has many wins.
Now what exactly is style??? As for talent, HEY!! dont even question it!!! Guts... damn he has guts for parking the car on the Monaco track... Desire... If it dad been absent, he would have long retired...
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia
If anything MS is responsible for a lot of wrongs than rights in F1.
Please mention a few.... Lets compare the list...
Old 30th August 2006, 01:23   #63
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a
Please mention a few.... Lets compare the list...
I had recently made a post in one of the threads regarding this, but cant seem to find it. Anyways, I had posted a list of 'wrongs' by Schumi mentioning all the GPs. From 1994 to Monaco 2006, 29 incidents in 28 different GPs. I really dont see the most tainted driver in F1 history becoming the greatest. great, certainly, but never greatest.
Old 30th August 2006, 10:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
I really dont see the most tainted driver in F1 history becoming the greatest. great, certainly, but never greatest.
Well i can only say that you wait for some 10 more years... That time no one would be saying this...
Old 30th August 2006, 10:55   #65
Senior - BHPian

Ess_A, I can understand that you are an ardent admirer of MS, but give it a break now, will ya.......don't get your BP up unnecessarily

By the way, a quick question just for my understanding - have you seen Senna & Prost racing in their heydays? Or are you also picking up this bit about Senna's "immortalisation" from one of the earlier posts on this forum?
Old 30th August 2006, 11:08   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Ess_A, I can understand that you are an ardent admirer of MS, but give it a break now, will ya.......don't get your BP up unnecessarily
Point taken... But its just that when ppl start accusing MS of all sorta nonsensical things for no matter whatsoever, i cant hold myself back...

Quote:
By the way, a quick question just for my understanding - have you seen Senna & Prost racing in their heydays? Or are you also picking up this bit about Senna's "immortalisation" from one of the earlier posts on this forum?
Agreed I was just a kid with no sense of F1 when Senna was in his heydays but surely i have seen him race... And never ever have i questioned his greatness.... About the "immortalisation" thing, no i have not picked up anything from anywhere... i used the word to say that Senna is now no more... thats the reason he is immortal... a guy living is obviously mortal!! I'm not saying anything against anyone... but everything for someone...
Old 30th August 2006, 15:45   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Thats a good one Suman!!! with no offence to other members like ESS_A. I know it is a bit difficult to compare the drivers from different era....

EDIT: just in case someone likes to point out that Schumi and Senna had both raced together... I would like to reitrate that in those times (not long ago...) drivers were the point of focus, but now, the cars are the ones that drive the drivers... it's a pity.. ain't it ?

Last edited by quicksilver : 30th August 2006 at 15:47.
Old 30th August 2006, 18:38   #68
BHPian

I've noticed many people like Schumi and Ferrari because they are successful and it is nice to say that your team won the race, the champioship etc,. And ofcourse it is easier to get cheap Rs. 150 Ferrari-Schumacher jackets on footpaths, where as you'll never get a Senna jacket anywhere! So you see the obvious legend to many people is Schumi...
Old 30th August 2006, 19:11   #69
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav
I've noticed many people like Schumi and Ferrari because they are successful and it is nice to say that your team won the race, the champioship etc,. And ofcourse it is easier to get cheap Rs. 150 Ferrari-Schumacher jackets on footpaths, where as you'll never get a Senna jacket anywhere! So you see the obvious legend to many people is Schumi...
You just proved that he has a Fan following from poor to rich to super rich.

P.S. You really good with these prices man. "One step closer to victory" ...."Oh wait ....... tooooo many"
Old 30th August 2006, 20:19   #70
BHPian

oh! yeah Schumi surely has a bigger fan following... poor, rich, super rich, whatever!
But the fact is he is only going to be "popular"... never a cult figure! No one can look at him in awe... not for me!
He is like Ronan Keating(boyzone)... where as Senna is like Jim Morrison... get the drift?
Old 30th August 2006, 20:40   #71
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
oh! yeah Schumi surely has a bigger fan following... poor, rich, super rich, whatever!
But the fact is he is only going to be "popular"... never a cult figure! No one can look at him in awe... not for me!
He is like Ronan Keating(boyzone)... where as Senna is like Jim Morrison... get the drift?
Hey, I'm a Ronan Keating fan and I object to that !! (although I do agree with you )
Old 30th August 2006, 21:50   #72
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Worst comparison!! That was an insult to Jim Morrison. Im a big fan of his.
Old 31st August 2006, 01:32   #73
BHPian

Since I started watching and avidly following F1 in the mid 90s, I can come up with only one name and that is Michael Schumacher. Other driver's in the era like Damon Hill, Jacques Villenuve, Mika Hakkinen, David Coultard and others, came and went, but only one name stood and kept winning races and a record seven championships. I know earlier in the times of Senna and Prost, the driver was in focus and now its 70% about the car and the rest upto the driver. Nowadays, there is traction control, semi-automatic gears and other electronics and telemetry to help the driver. Most races are won because of the superior performance of the car and team strategy regarding say pit-stops. But nonetheless, you have to drive and win the race even if you have a good car. And it is here that Schmi comes into the limelight. Earlier Barrichelo and now Massa have similar cars to Schumi, but none of his team-mates were able to match his performance – I know the bosses at Ferrari favour Schumi and give him all the resources and leverages to win, but then races are still to be won.

Whenever quick lap-times are required before pitting Schumi delivers, slicing through backmarkers is a breeze and he seems to be a person who is one with his vehicle and knows the exact limits to which he can push the vehicle and himself. He can come first after qualifying last and I don’t know of any driver in the 90s and the 21st century of doing that. For more than 10 ten years he has been giving 100% in every race and this is no mean task. I know Aryton Senna’s death was tragic, but you never know as to how long he would have remained motivated to continue his career in F1. Yes I know about all the schenenagans done by Schumi to win races, which are sometimes outright blatant, and I even believe he has some good connections at the top of the FIA. But hey, fortune favours the brave and the winners take it all. In his never-ending quest for winning Schumi sometimes tends to disregard the competition, but without doubt he is an excellent driver and for me the best driver since I have started following F1.
Old 31st August 2006, 02:29   #74

The championship for 2006 will tell who is the real champion, earlier years one car/manufacturer was way ahead of the pack and that made F1 predictable and boring. This year and now after the Turkish GP the championship is tantalisingly poised. If after banning the Mass Dampers, Alonso still maintains his advantage and wins this years chapionship then in my opinion he will be better suited for the chanpion of this decade.
Old 31st August 2006, 13:00   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
Worst comparison!! That was an insult to Jim Morrison. Im a big fan of his.
I agree, absolutely horrible..... I apologies for the comparison. But you see thats how we are comparing schumi and senna!! No disrespect to Jim here...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks