Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2009, 15:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
F1 Times

I really really hope its true. I always thought the Kimi-Mclaren combo was one of the best ever.
I hope not. Kimi pls stay at Ferrari. He and Massa are perfect foil for each other and I dont want Alonso coming in. The last 4 races have just shown Kimi at his real best and I want him to remain here.
Old 20th September 2009, 15:32   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
F1 Times

I really really hope its true. I always thought the Kimi-Mclaren combo was one of the best ever.
Yup it was! That's why they won the Driver's championship twice.

Oh wait! They didnt win even once!
Old 20th September 2009, 15:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Yup it was! That's why they won the Driver's championship twice.

Oh wait! They didnt win even once!
Something along the lines of celebrating a championship for fifteen seconds before realising, in typically dim fashion, that they'd lost comes to mind.
Old 20th September 2009, 17:56   #19
BHPian

i am a ferrari & kimi fan but i feel kimi's driving style suits the mclaren better :-)
Old 20th September 2009, 19:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I hope not. Kimi pls stay at Ferrari. He and Massa are perfect foil for each other and I dont want Alonso coming in. The last 4 races have just shown Kimi at his real best and I want him to remain here.
Well I assume you're a Ferrari fan and if so, you're quite right. I think Kimi is a simply fantastic driver which is why I want to badly see him back at McLaren while the Ferrari fans want to see him there. Its a measure of how highly we think of him more than anything else.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

I think the news that Kimi is coming back to Mclaren is correct. Currently, Kimi is more consistent than before IMHO.

Source : Raikkonen signs agreement with McLaren - report

Article :
Quote:
Kimi Raikkonen has signed an "outline agreement" to kick off a second tenure with the McLaren team beginning in 2010, the Mirror newspaper reported on Sunday.

The British newspaper said the 29-year-old Finn, who raced with the Woking based outfit between 2002 and 2006, must first reach an agreement with Ferrari, with whom he is under contract for one more season.

The Mirror cited "paddock sources" in claiming that Raikkonen is prepared to vacate his contracted Ferrari seat in 2010, but only if the famous Italian outfit pays "all of his 2010 ... salary".

The newspaper estimated Raikkonen's 2010 Ferrari contract at nearly $49m USD.

The report also said the news ties in with Nico Rosberg's link with Brawn and the Brackley team's burgeoning relationship with Mercedes-Benz.

The German manufacturer Mercedes was said to be pushing for Rosberg to replace Heikki Kovalainen at McLaren, but may now have resolved to push the German driver to Brawn and increase its involvement with the Ross Brawn-led outfit.
Old 21st September 2009, 18:59   #22
BHPian

I was thinking of summing up all the fact that we know, and then making a comment:

1. Since Massa's (temporary) departure Kimi has been on the podium consistently despite the fact that he doesn't drive the best car on the grid this season. (Kimi has admitted that the car is not where Ferrari want it to be, development wise)

2. With the recent Piquet-Renault-Singapore GP crash scam, and Briatore out of F1, I see it hard for Alonso to continue there.

3. Speculations of Alonso moving to Ferrari.

4. Inability of McLaren to manage 2 Top drivers in the past. And the situation worsens this time around because this time Hami has a championship too as opposed to when he was teamed with Alonso. Tremendous clash of ego's if Kimi moves here.

From my very limited knowledge and perspective, Kimi and Brawn would make a fantastic combination. Coupled with the fact that Kimi worked with Ross Brawn in the past.

And seriously, Kimi moving to WRC fulltime, what a waste!
Old 21st September 2009, 19:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

iceman7, you forget that Kimi is not a guy with a big ego. Probably the only top driver to have no real ego issues. He gets in, he drives, he wins. Period
Old 21st September 2009, 19:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
iceman7, you forget that Kimi is not a guy with a big ego. Probably the only top driver to have no real ego issues. He gets in, he drives, he wins. Period
Agreed. But what about Hamilton? Personally I too would love to see Kimi in the McLaren again. When with Mclaren, if Kimi had half the reliability from the car that McLaren has today he would have had the championship in his belt long ago. All I am saying is, will McLaren be able to manage 2 World Champions at the same time?

On the flip side, it will be a killer combo. Hami-Kimi-McLaren! 2010 is sure going to be very interesting.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:20   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I think the news that Kimi is coming back to Mclaren is correct. Currently, Kimi is more consistent than before IMHO.

Source : Raikkonen signs agreement with McLaren - report

Article :
Unless it is confirmed by a credible source, it is just a rumor. Personally I think Kimi has a better chance at Ferrari than McLaren for next year.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Agreed. But what about Hamilton? Personally I too would love to see Kimi in the McLaren again. When with Mclaren, if Kimi had half the reliability from the car that McLaren has today he would have had the championship in his belt long ago. All I am saying is, will McLaren be able to manage 2 World Champions at the same time?

On the flip side, it will be a killer combo. Hami-Kimi-McLaren! 2010 is sure going to be very interesting.
Hamilton didn't have much of a problem with "eyebrows". But then again, that was before his championship so he may have changed now. Either way, McLaren really need a replacement for Kovy and I think Italy sealed his fate there.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:50   #27
BHPian

I would rather see kubica driving with hamilton. Kimi would surely be sleepwalking with Mcl. Nothing exciting !
Old 21st September 2009, 22:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Its nothing but a rumour! All the websites which focus specifically on F1 havent really written a single word about it yet and its too early to call this true and go gaga about it!

Kimi was much better during the Mclaren days since the car suited his driving style, but then a Mclaren taking the checkered flag was more like a race win for them which cost Kimi almost 2 WDC.

Anyways, lets wait for some official confirmation on these matters! Now that Renault is race banned and Alonso would have to make a choice. I would hate to see this cheating scum in the Ferrari though!

I still remember a comment from Kimi on Mclaren's situation when he was asked by a Finnish reporter during the thursday meet of the HungarianGP 2007 while Mclaren was at the WMSC hearing for their spygate scandal.

The Iceman said "It must be F****** good "

Would be interesting to see how Mclaren welcome him back incase if this news is true! Fingers crossed!

Last edited by anachronix : 21st September 2009 at 22:38.
Old 22nd September 2009, 00:16   #29
BHPian

What a driver Hamilton is if selecting another driver for the second car is such a nightmare! At least if he owns McLaren it is justified. If McLaren are so tied up to Hamilton they are not going to get another competent driver and run a 1 man show!

I prefer to see Kimi and Alonso in Ferrari doing all fireworks in 2010 and Massa coming in for 2011 to join Alonso. IMO Alonso and Kimi can go very well rather than Massa and Alonso. If Alonso joins Ferrari he would have a chance in dream to have his nasty tail out any which way. On the other side Massa is considered Ferrari family! Let us see how it goes.
Old 23rd September 2009, 22:46   #30
Senior - BHPian

Motor racing-Raikkonen future in doubt, Ferrari chief says | Sports | Motor Sports | Reuters

So Massa deserves another chance because he got hit by a spring and Raikkonen who won a title for this team doesn't?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks