Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 11:42   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Ferrari needed someone like Alonso to come into the reckoning once again. Though I'm not too fond of Alonso the person, there is no doubt that he is one of the best drivers on the grid today. The way he tries to extract performance from a run of the mill Renault is proof of that.

Those who are writing off Ferrari for 2010 would be proved wrong. Brawn had an upper edge this season but I dont see it staying that way next year. Ferrari have already written off this season and are into the 10' season car development. There is no point investing in the F60 anymore.
you couldn't have said it better.

Quote:
Hopefully Fonso and Schumi develop a great working relationship.
I somehow think this will happen. Their total commitment to racing their cars and getting more out of them than anyone else will hopefully get them working great together - despite their previous rivalry.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:18   #107
Senior - BHPian

Although I'd prefer a straight fight between Ferrari and McLaren, I think Red Bull and Brawn won't be far off. A two horse race is a bit unlikely because remember that Adrian Newey and Ross Brawn are ex Mclaren and Ferrari pros. They don't go to a midfield team to languish around in the points.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:49   #108
Senior - BHPian

So the Burro will be back? I am not that happy at the prospect but then ....
Old 29th September 2009, 17:04   #109
MCR
BHPian

All the teams have already started to think about 2010. Hence this parable of musical chair. I think the title shootout will be between Brawn,Redbull,Ferrai,Mclaren and Force India.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:43   #110
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

Spanish media are reporting that Fernando Alonso’s camp will officially announce the double World Champion’s move to Maranello-based Ferrari this coming Thursday. The expected day of announcement is just a day before the commencement of the Japanese Grand Prix’s Friday free practice.
It is believed that Alonso, who achieved both of his World Champion titles with Renault, will be with the Italian squad for the next five years, starting from 2010.
Alonso’s deal is rumored to be figured at about £ 23 million, a year. Some are even saying that Alonso, who is 28 years old, is expected to stay with Ferrari through out the remaining of his Formula 1 racing career.
The Spaniard will join Felipe Massa, while World Champion Kimi Raikkonen is rumored to return to McLaren, and race along side fellow World Champion Lewis Hamilton.
Old 30th September 2009, 10:42   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee86 View Post
Spanish media are reporting that Fernando Alonso’s camp will officially announce the double World Champion’s move to Maranello-based Ferrari this coming Thursday. The expected day of announcement is just a day before the commencement of the Japanese Grand Prix’s Friday free practice.
It is believed that Alonso, who achieved both of his World Champion titles with Renault, will be with the Italian squad for the next five years, starting from 2010.
Alonso’s deal is rumored to be figured at about £ 23 million, a year. Some are even saying that Alonso, who is 28 years old, is expected to stay with Ferrari through out the remaining of his Formula 1 racing career.
The Spaniard will join Felipe Massa, while World Champion Kimi Raikkonen is rumored to return to McLaren, and race along side fellow World Champion Lewis Hamilton.
Read the same thing in today's Bangalore Mirror. 5 year deal for Alonso with Ferrari.
Old 30th September 2009, 17:50   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee86 View Post
Some are even saying that Alonso, who is 28 years old, is expected to stay with Ferrari through out the remaining of his Formula 1 racing career.
Contracts in F1 are meant to be broken. For starters, let us see if he completes 1 year without any major controversies.
Old 30th September 2009, 19:18   #113
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Read the same thing in today's Bangalore Mirror. 5 year deal for Alonso with Ferrari.
Man, imagine being paid 180 crore rupees per year to drive a Ferrari! This guy is living the life of dreams.
Old 30th September 2009, 20:05   #114
BHPian

ALONSO to FERRARI

The news is confirmed in BBC.

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | Ferrari confirm capture of Alonso
Old 30th September 2009, 20:07   #115
BHPian

f1.com comfirms ferrari - alonso deal.
The Official Formula 1 Website

But most convincingly, it's there on the ferrari website.

Press Release

Last edited by akrish01 : 30th September 2009 at 20:09. Reason: added more infol
Old 30th September 2009, 20:07   #116
MCR
BHPian

Move confirmed.Just read it on TOI.
Alonso joins Ferrari for three years - Top Stories - Racing - SPORTS - The Times of India

So the contract is for 3 years. This will set off the musical chair.
Also rumored;

1. Barrichello - Williams.
2. Raikkonen - McLaren.
3. Rosberg - Brawn.
4. Kubica - Renault.
5. Toyota - may pullout.
Old 30th September 2009, 20:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

Not really happy about this news!

All the best to my team anyways!
Old 30th September 2009, 20:23   #118
BHPian

The deed is done . Its Official
Kimi and Ferrari part ways .
Fans have a decision to make wether to support team or driver. Very Tough.
A final cheers to all the good times of Kimi+Ferrari!

Lets move into the new era now.
Kimi vs Ham vs Alonso vs possible( Massa, Kubica , Vettel , other) .
Bring on the racing ! Looking forward to f1 in 2010.
Old 30th September 2009, 20:28   #119
BHPian

Kimi's statement from autosport.com
Quote:
Raikkonen underlined that his departure from Ferrari had been by mutual consent.
"With common consent, we have agreed to terminate the contract binding me to Ferrari to the end of 2010, one year ahead of schedule," he said.
"I am very sad to be leaving a team with which I have spent three fantastic years, during which time I won plenty of races.
"Together, we have won 50 per cent of the world titles in that period and I managed to take the drivers' title in 2007, thus achieving the target I had set myself at the start of my career. I have always felt at home with everyone here and I will have many happy memories of my time with the team."
Old 30th September 2009, 20:29   #120
Senior - BHPian

Thats it! Time to switch loyalties again.

As a Kimi fan, i am now homeless, please somebody hire Kimi for next year
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks