Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2024, 08:27   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Daniel Ricciardo retires from Formula 1

Daniel Ricardo's F1 career officially ends.

Ricciardo to leave RB with immediate effect as team get set for mid-season driver change.

It remains unclear what the future holds for Ricciardo, but it’s unlikely to involve a race seat on the 2025 Formula 1 grid.

One vacancy remains at Sauber/Audi, however, it is believed no talks have taken place with Valtteri Bottas the favourite to retain his seat.

This could spell the end of Ricciardo’s time in Formula 1, the Australian having clocked up eight wins, 32 podiums and 1329 points across 258 Grands Prix.

Red Bull reserve Lawson has been named as Ricciardo’s replacement for the rest of the season, starting with the upcoming United States Grand Prix in Austin. This will allow them to evaluate him against team mate Yuki Tsunoda, who is enjoying his best campaign in F1 and already has a contract for next season.

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2024, 18:44   #2
BHPian

Re: Formula 1: Daniel Ricciardo to move from Red Bull to Renault

They had to do this mid season so that they can evaluate Liam Lawson over the remaining races and then replace Sergio Perez with Lawson for 2025.

Danny Ric's career in F1 is officially over. He was on a downward spiral since he left Renault. In hindsight, he should never have left RB.
Yusha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2024, 18:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Formula 1: Daniel Ricciardo to move from Red Bull to Renault

Many of us feel sad for Daniel Ricciardo, because he is one of those likeable personalities, but he has more than had his chances. Time flies fast, he’s actually been around for the last 13 years! That’s an incredibly long career in F1 by any standard!

“The last of the late brakers” , his overtaking skills when he was in-form was outstanding. In his prime years at Redbull, he was always composed, made very little driver errors, and was generally great with his race craft, although his one-lap speed was not his best trait. And to be fair and im leaving statistics out of this, he almost matched Max when they were team mates. Agreed, Max is in his own league, but i think if Ricciardo had stayed back in Redbull, we would have seen some really close fights between teammates ( which hasn’t happened in a really long time with any team now, Hamilton-Rosberg was mostly one-sided).

Ricciardo’s downward spiral started at Mclaren, he thought he had it easy with Norris, but he was really wrong! And i think he took it a bit too easy with Mclaren, almost to suggest that he doesn’t want to absorb any pressure or excel since he is anyway not in a race winning car.

And for all the criticism RedBull get for not being patient with drivers, i think they gave a solid comeback chance for Ricciardo in spite of Mclaren ousting him even by paying a huge sum! I mean, who gets these kind of second chances? Only if you are really close friends with someone like Christian Horner i guess!

Anyway, Ricciardo has made his money, built fame , he even has his own apparel brand, and im sure he will be a big draw in many events and possibly even in another series like Nascar etc.

Im actually quite happy that for the first time in many years, we are going to have so many young drivers next year. Kimi, Bearman, Doohan, Lawson! 4 new drivers! Some drivers are still here and well past their prime—Especially Bottas and Perez and its really sad that big teams like Redbull and even Audi / Sauber want to retain them in spite of some fantastic youngsters like Colapinto not having a drive as yet. I think it was Bearman’s outstanding ability to jump in the car earlier this year with just one FP3 session and still deliver has instilled some confidence into many team principals that they can take on some of these guys and not worry about consequences.
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2024, 06:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

re: Daniel Ricciardo retires from Formula 1

Daniel Ricardo retires from Formula 1 - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 29th September 2024, 10:31   #5
BHPian

Re: Daniel Ricciardo retires from Formula 1

Performing race after race is a tough job in Formula 1.

In one podcast, Bottas said he wasn't as able to turn up and perform for every race as Lewis Hamilton while at Mercedes. He also said not having a multi-year contract at any point with Merccedes affected him.

I think Daniel's decision to exit Red Bull Racing was good. Max was unnecessarily aggressive with his teammate, and Red Bull was kind of siding with him.

Daniel could have stayed at Renault, but they never had a serious pace to win championships.

And then McLaren didn't suit him, or he didn't perform.

I'm not as sad to see him exit F1. He needed a car with a consistent, serious race pace to win Championships. And in retrospect, Red Bull was the only chance he had.

I hope to see him doing endurance races like Le Mans 24 Hours.
silver-stand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2024, 11:57   #6
BHPian

Re: Daniel Ricciardo retires from Formula 1

Retires? More like overstayed his welcome. I'm glad he's finally out of the picture. He's been a shadow of his glory days. RB will now see if Liam is a possible replacement for Perez.
venukrithish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks