Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2024, 16:22   #1
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Adrian Newey off to Aston Martin

It would be an understatement to say that Aston Martin have bagged the Oogway of Technical heads/ Racing gurus in all of F1!

Adrian Newey, easliy the most celebrated and successful F1 personality, has made his way into the super sophisticated Aston Martin F1 team!

By his own admission, Adrian wanted to retire after April 2024. But Lawrence Stroll, the chairman of Aston Martin F1 racing team had other ideas as we see now!

Exciting times ahead, especially with totally revamped FIA regulations coming up in 2026!

Source : https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ture/10652869/
V.Max is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 16:45   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Adrian Newey off to Aston Martin

Alonso will not win a championship for sure again, and Stroll just does not seem to have the mettle for it by way of talent or grit. But this is a stated goal of Stroll Sr, that Lance must become champion. He will do anything and everything to get it, and Newey is a big thing to do.

2026 gonna be delicious!!
mayankk is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 18:48   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Alonso will not win a championship for sure again, and Stroll just does not seem to have the mettle for it by way of talent or grit. But this is a stated goal of Stroll Sr, that Lance must become champion. He will do anything and everything to get it, and Newey is a big thing to do.

Alonso is a tough cookie and will be a fabulous challenger. But for his dirty antics, I liked him lol. Stroll jr has had his days. But yea you're right he isn't going anywhere. With Lewis in Ferrari, Redbull on the descendancy, Mclaren springing a surprise package this season and Aston confirming that Newey will concentrate on 2026 already, that season's be a hoot. Bring it on already !
V.Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 18:57   #4
BHPian

Put Alonso in a RB or a MCL and watch the old fox win another championship! I hope Newey can deliver a championship winning car before the fox retires! I so want to see him at the top again! Though he was my enemy no1 during the Schumacher era!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 10th September 2024 at 18:59.
ssjr0498 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 10:40   #5
BHPian

Re: Adrian Newey off to Aston Martin

I may be one of the rare ones who is not totally convinced by Newey's demands. Sure, he is a known genius and has a track record greater than perhaps anyone else out there.

However, his salary demands, very specific demands for engineering staff and the overall control within the organization was somewhat of a red flag. I am sure some outfits like Ferrari, Merc & Red Bull themselves felt that to be the case before they pulled out of the reckoning.

His salary means he is excluded from the budget cap, but maybe the above 3 teams felt that his demands were much bigger than his impact, and their own cost-to-benefit analyses may have suggested that they could get very near his performance level with a team effort rather than a single basket to place eggs in.

Conversely, Aston Martin had nothing to lose since their aero team wasn't as accomplished in the first place, so its a win-win for them. Additionally, it looks like Newey himself wanted a stake in one of the teams, which the other ones were not willing to provide either.
deovrat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 12:02   #6
BHPian

This is most certainly going to spice things up. With Newey working his aero magic, and Honda returning as the works engine supplier for Aston Martin, this is shaping up to be quite a technical powerhouse that we should watch, from 2026 onwards.

AM does, of course, fall short on driver talent at the moment. As much as I appreciate Alonso, I wonder how effective he would be to tail off the RB, McLaren, Ferrari, and MB drivers. I don't have very high hopes of Lance, but would be happy to be surprised.

Either way, as fans of the sport, we have a lot of nice racing to look forward to!
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 12:22   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Well Just for fun.

Adrian Newey off to Aston Martin-whatsapp-image-20240911-12.11.20-pm.jpeg

On another note, while Max has a contract with RB till 2028, who knows we might see him replacing Alonso in 2026 in AM. Though that means Jr.Stroll will never win the championship, something that Papa Stroll will not be happy with.

Last edited by AtheK : 11th September 2024 at 12:24.
AtheK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 12:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

That was a big launch for Adrian - and fully deserved for the greatest car designer in the history of motorsport!

Teams he has been a part of, have not only won, but had periods of utter dominance.

With the complexities of today's F1 cars - there is no one else you would put your money on.

During an interview, he stated that he did not join teams that were winning, but teams he would challenge himself to take to the top. That is a scary piece of insight for the opposition.

Furthermore, this is the first time he has skin in the game. Something he wanted way back when he was in Williams! This ties him into Aston for a long time.

Nothing is guaranteed in sport, but he is the closest thing there comes to it.
Hope it is only a matter of time and we see a few wins in 2026.
Hatari is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks