Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2024, 17:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

1,300 BHP electric crossover for NASCAR? New concept unveiled by racing series

American racing series NASCAR has created the first 'NASCAR EV Prototype'. It was unveiled recently at the Chicago street race.

1,300 BHP electric crossover for NASCAR? New concept unveiled by racing series-nascarevconcept1.jpg

The new prototype vehicle is an electric stock car but with a very different silhouette. Unlike the current V8-powered race car, the EV concept features a taller and more crossover-like stance. The NASCAR EV concept gets an aggressive front fascia, squared-off rear with a sizable wing and an overall muscular stance. Reports state that the prototype sits atop a modified NASCAR chassis, with the body made from flax-based composite material. Other components though, including the suspension, steering, brakes and wheels are all taken from a standard Cup Series racing car.

1,300 BHP electric crossover for NASCAR? New concept unveiled by racing series-nascarevconcept2.jpg

What's underneath is also interesting, packed with three 6-phase electric motors - one at the front and two at the rear. The e-motors offer the prototype a combined output of 1,300 BHP. The 3 electric motors also come paired with a 78 kWh liquid-cooled battery pack with regenerative braking.

The prototype NASCAR EV concept is said to have been built with inputs from three automakers who compete in the racing series; namely Ford, Chevrolet & Toyota.

NASCAR is yet to confirm whether or not it plans to incorporate electric power into its racing series. However, an EV prototype does give away some hints.

Source: TheDrive

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 10th July 2024 at 17:27.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2024, 01:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1,300 BHP electric crossover for NASCAR? New concept unveiled by racing series

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
NASCAR is yet to confirm whether or not it plans to incorporate electric power into its racing series. However, an EV prototype does give away some hints.
In General I accept evolution and therefore I should accept the inclusion of EV's into motorsports. However, having seen many motorsports events live, I can't see how the roar of ICE-engine can be replaced by whine of e-motors and still be as exciting.

Just does not sink in well. I think this a step in the wrong direction but one that will be taken nonetheless. I hope they make a limited series only for EV's and keep it separate from the regular stuff.
14000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks