Old 2nd February 2024, 01:04   #16
BHPian

Lewis confirmed for 2025.
Lewis Hamilton is moving to Ferrari for 2025 Formula 1 season-img_6436.jpeg
Source: Instagram

Carlos’s Statement on it.
Lewis Hamilton is moving to Ferrari for 2025 Formula 1 season-img_6437.jpeg
Source: Twitter

Interesting scenes building up currently in F1 just like closing day of transfer window in football.

Lewis Hamilton is moving to Ferrari for 2025 Formula 1 season-img_6440.jpeg
Source

Lewis Hamilton is moving to Ferrari for 2025 Formula 1 season-img_6441.jpeg
Source

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd February 2024 at 05:12. Reason: As requested
ex-innova-guy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 09:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Lewis Hamilton is moving to Ferrari for 2025 Formula 1 season

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Being a Ferrari fan for 25+ years and disliking Hamilton to the guts. This seems like I have woken up to a nightmare.

Having said that I cannot change what Ferrari decides. It is something that you live with. The reasons for the switch according to me are simple

From Lewis' standpoint - Ferrari has always been the destination for ex-Champions - Fernando, Vettel are the recent examples. Every F1 driver aspires to drive for Ferrari at some point of time in their career. The brand equity is huge.

From Ferrari's standpoint - It is all commercial having a big name like Fernando, Vettel, Hamilton brings a lot of fans. This means a lot of merchandise sales. And if he by any chance doesn't win a title with Merc in 2024 and wins it with Ferrari. They will have a 8 time world champion on their books (I know this is warped thinking, but that is what this whole move is for me - WARPED!)
ferrarirules is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 09:52   #18
BHPian

I've been a long time Ferrari fan and I can say the past few years have absolutely been a pure joke for them. They are putting all their efforts but fail up in execution, make comical strategic decisions (to the level that the drivers take up the strategy to their own hand), screw up pit stops and much more.

On the otherside, Hamilton is a person who expects things to be perfect. If there is a minor mix-up even, he gets frustrated and shows it openly. Mercedes till 2021 was a perfect team and Hamilton Mercedes combo was just the perfect recipe. The last two years for Mercedes haven't been great and Hamiton is probably making this jump out of frustration.

But what would happen in Ferrari is a complete mystery now, will Hamilton help the team to perfect things up and finally get his 8th championship? Or would he be frustrated like Alonso and Vettel on the problems at Ferrari ?

Last edited by vignesh207 : 2nd February 2024 at 09:53. Reason: Typo
vignesh207 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:13   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh207 View Post
...will Hamilton help the team to perfect things up and finally get his 8th championship? Or would he be frustrated like Alonso and Vettel on the problems at Ferrari ?
This is what, in hindsight, puts Schumi, Todt, and Brawn's achievements in better focus. Ferrari was in as bad, or probably worse shape when they took over in the 90s. They built the team up and had a period of dominance.

Honestly, I don't think this is the same. In this era of collaboration, I'm not sure any team will or can build entirely around one man, one goal again. Even Barrichello was a carefully chosen number 2, support guy, for Schumi. I really don't see Leclerc, or any driver today, doing the same

Either way, interesting times ahead.

Last edited by am1m : 2nd February 2024 at 10:15.
am1m is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:14   #20

Carlos should've taken the deal instead of playing mind games with Ferrari, IMHO feels like Hamilton betrayed Mercedes, they've given him a good car to drive albeit for two seasons and Lewis has every right to get his 8th championship but feels bad for Toto man, he wanted Hamilton to get his 8th championship in a Mercedes. But what's done is done, and it's the GOAT of drivers paired with the GOAT of constructors. Forza Ferrari!
Attached Thumbnails
Lewis Hamilton is moving to Ferrari for 2025 Formula 1 season-screenshot_2024020209084517_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg  

Deucalion is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 10:14   #21
BHPian

Wow... Looks like silly season has begun before the season itself.
Really interesting choice by Lewis, but looking at Ferrari's recent performance, it would be interesting to see if it would be a similar switch as his previous one, from Mclaren to Merc.
But may be Merc is bad for this year and that is why he is jumping ship.
Would be interesting to see who replaces him in Merc. I would like Alanso to stay with Aston and may be Albon to Merc.
PS: another shocker would be MAX to Merc
Old 2nd February 2024, 11:33   #22
BHPian

Reminds me of this. Everyone is a Ferrari fan, even if they deny it.

Bhargav7 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 12:17   #23
BHPian

Can Lewis achieve what Alonso could do with sub-par Ferraris from 2010-2013 , almost winning the championship with the 4th fastest car in 2012 against prime vettel and lewis.

Also on 1 lap pace , he is no match for Charles considering the fact that he was equalled by George at Merc. If the 2025 Ferrari still has tyre deg issues then Lewis won't be able to move up in races , his rep would take a massive hit. This could be a good chance for Charles to prove that he is a complete package.

Lewis is incredibly lucky though, he has almost always been behind the wheel of a race winning car.

Also should Alonso stay at Aston or move to Merc , he definitely doesn't have Lewis' luck. I don't know what's the best option for him.
V0id2003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 13:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V0id2003 View Post
Can Lewis achieve what Alonso could do with sub-par Ferraris from 2010-2013 , almost winning the championship with the 4th fastest car in 2012 against prime vettel and lewis.
I don't think he'll be close to the top step, but only because RBR (Max specifically) will be way ahead of the entire pack. He should be able to give a good fight for 2nd (If Checo remains the 2nd RBR in 2025).

What Alonso did at that time was wring the car to the maximum possible level and then some. I don't think Lewis can do that, simply looking at the last two seasons when he had to drive a subpar car.

Quote:
Also on 1 lap pace , he is no match for Charles considering the fact that he was equalled by George at Merc.
This remains to be seen, but Charles makes a lot of silly mistakes under pressure. That is something Hamilton won't, with all his experience.

Quote:
Lewis is incredibly lucky though, he has almost always been behind the wheel of a race winning car.
100%. He's never had to drive a bad car before 2022, and look at how he fared.

Quote:
Also should Alonso stay at Aston or move to Merc , he definitely doesn't have Lewis' luck. I don't know what's the best option for him.
I'm a massive Alonso fan (and hate Lewis to the core, obviously), but we are talking 2025. Alonso might even hang up his boots after the 2024 season. Let's see!
GrandTourer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 13:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
I'm a massive Alonso fan (and hate Lewis to the core, obviously), but we are talking 2025. Alonso might even hang up his boots after the 2024 season. Let's see!
Lets hope alonso sticks till the next regs kick in during 2026. I desperately want the new age DTS fans to notice Alonso, and how even with only 2 WDCs he is at or even above Lewis' level. I started watching F1 when I was in 4th grade in 2012. The pain from that loss is still there. I just want him to get a car that is worthy of his talents , hopefully honda builds a great engine for AMR

If he leaves the sport next year then it'll be very sad. He is one of the only true racers left who has tried his hand at multiple forms of motorsport.
V0id2003 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 13:41   #26
Team-BHP Support

I might be slightly biased for Lewis but my observations are
  • With a good car, his results have been consistently good. The past two years, has been let down with the cars performance.
  • He made the switch to Mercedes when they are a fledgling player so perhaps he knows a thing or two about the future car development
  • His resilience is amazing as also his strategic thought. Most of his recent failures to win have been when the team over-rode him
  • Despite a non performing car, he came 3rd in the World Championship. Leclerc was 3 points behind
  • The Mercedes only gained its mojo in the last 3 races. The Ferraris were consistent but let down by strategy
  • If Lewis has a strong voice in Ferrari strategy, he has a chance.

Again, if Mercedes get their act together in 2024, he might be up there!
ajmat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 13:44   #27
BHPian

I really didn't like Hamilton much to begin with, but with time grew to respect his talent and his guts to take a stand( or a bow in this particular case). It took two RBR drivers to deny Hamilton of his record breaking title and that too with fate and politics playing a very decisive role.
This disclaimer being said, Ferrari has this habit of breaking the spirit of even the most toughest drivers. Seb and Alonso come to mind. So, in the twilight of his career, does Hamilton deserve this? Or can he turn Ferrari around? That's the big question.
Neil Roy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 13:55   #28
BHPian

This might have something to do with it:

Lewis Hamilton is moving to Ferrari for 2025 Formula 1 season-img20240202wa0001.jpg

And this might be Fred Vasseur's first google search after signing him:

Lewis Hamilton is moving to Ferrari for 2025 Formula 1 season-screenshot_20240201_172207_google.jpg
Sudarshan42 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 13:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

So will Ferrari give what Merc could not give LH - the 8th? Wait and watch begins. Must a interesting season or two.
Old 2nd February 2024, 14:04   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Counter-views below

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I might be slightly biased for Lewis but my observations are
[list][*]With a good car, his results have been consistently good. The past two years, has been let down with the cars performance.
Agree. Fun fact - with Ferrari he's to manage unreliable performance and poor strategy (the latter hasn't been an issue with Mercedes).

Quote:
[*]He made the switch to Mercedes when they are a fledgling player so perhaps he knows a thing or two about the future car development
They didn't really fit the profile of a fledgling player. 2010 when this Mercedes team came into formation was previously the 2009 winners Brawn GP team. Yes, 2010 and 2011 weren't great years with Schumi and Rosberg as drivers; but the fortune changed a lot co-inciding with Toto being put in the lead in 2013 and also Lewis moving in.

Also Lewis's movement was greatly orchestrated by the great Niki Lauda advising him. Don't think Lewis's got anyone of that caliber advising him currently. Atleast not publicly known.

Quote:
[*]His resilience is amazing as also his strategic thought. Most of his recent failures to win have been when the team over-rode him[*]Despite a non performing car, he came 3rd in the World Championship. Leclerc was 3 points behind
Agree. Also the fact that he didn't do as many mistakes as his partner did. But also need to give credit to Charles (for his mistakes) and Ferrari (for their bungling strategy mistakes and component failures). Else both Ferrari cars would have been higher up on the points.

Honestly, it's a big leap of faith for Lewis - I'm guessing there's a strong financial reason and the lure of association with Ferrari; believe Lewis's always wanted to be associated with that team.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks