Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2024 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 4 11.11%
Francesco Bagnaia 19 52.78%
Jorge Martin 12 33.33%
Marco Bezzecchi 0 0%
Fabio Quartararo 1 2.78%
Brad Binder 0 0%
Maverick Vinales 0 0%
Other (Please specify in your post) 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2024, 17:03   #226
BHPian

Re: The 2024 MotoGP Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
News Feed

Pertamina Enduro VR46 Racing Team becomes Ducati factory supported team from 2025

Post the exit of Pramac, Pertamina Enduro VR46 Racing Team becomes, from 2025 with a multi-year contract, the Factory Supported Team of the Borgo Panigale factory, three years after its debut.

In the garage there will be an official bike and a Ducati Desmosedici GP24, together with new Ducati technical staff.

Fabio Di Giannantonio is rumoured to have already re-signed with the team and destined to ride the official bike while his probable teammate remains a mystery.

Attachment 2635527
Source: https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/...om-2025/504831
While there hasn't been any confirmation yet from Pertamina Enduro VR46 about their rider lineup for 2025, Davide Tardozzi has announced that Fabio Di Giannantonio will receive an official GP25 Ducati bike and Franco Morbidelli the GP24, indirectly confirming the rumours!

The 2024 MotoGP Season-img_4112.jpeg
Source: https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...orbidelli-gp24
Porschefire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 16:15   #227
BHPian

British GP - Full Qualifying Results

The 2024 MotoGP Season-gng_1153969_hires_0.jpg

The 2024 MotoGP Season-screenshot-20240803-12.38.13.png

- Aleix Espargaro sets a record laptime to snatch pole position from Pecco Bagnaia. He shattered previous record set by Johann Zarco by almost four tenths of a second!

- Ducati Lenovo duo of Pecco Bagnaia and Enea Bastianini take second and third respectively. Pecco was on a flying lap when he encountered an issue with the sponsor sticker on his helmet visor, hampering his vision and forcing him to roll out of the lap.

- Title contender Jorge Martin starts fourth, ahead of Alex Marquez who starts fifth after he qualified on top in Q1.

- Marc Marquez starts in seventh, behind Brad Binder and Pedro Acosta starts ninth after qualifying second in Q1.
Porschefire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 20:24   #228
BHPian

British GP - Sprint

The 2024 MotoGP Season-img_4113.jpeg

The 2024 MotoGP Season-ene.jpeg

The 2024 MotoGP Season-screenshot-20240803-16.40.08.png

- 'The Beast' Enea Bastianini takes the first sprint win of his career.

- Jorge Martin finishes second, taking valuable points and closing the gap to the leader, Bagnaia.

- Aleix Espargaro completes the podium, not having the hot pace set by the Ducatis in the front.

- KTMs experience a change in fortune as Brad Binder, Pedro Acosta and Jack Miller finish fourth, fifth and seventh respectively.

- Future teammates, Pecco Bagnaia and Marc Marquez both crashed out of the race. Marquez now loses the third spot in the championship to Enea.
In addition, Franco Morbidelli and Marco Bezzecchi also crashed out after the former torpedoed into the latter with an out of control GP25. Both were conscious and were taken to the medical centre for a check-up.

Last edited by Porschefire : 3rd August 2024 at 20:28.
Old 4th August 2024, 18:48   #229
BHPian

British GP - Race

The 2024 MotoGP Season-img_4117.jpeg

The 2024 MotoGP Season-race.png

- Enea Bastianini makes it a fairytale double at Silverstone as wins the race after overtaking Martin on the penultimate lap.

- Jorge Martin takes second after battling it out with Pecco Bagnaia during the initial part of the race to take the lead and handing it to The Beast after he ran wide.

- Pecco Bagnaia finishes third. He led the race for some parts but just did not have the pace Enea and Jorge possessed.

The World Championship standings after round ten -

The 2024 MotoGP Season-wc.png
Porschefire is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 19:59   #230
BHPian

There is something about the way the "Beast" rides. The late race pace that he has is phenomenal. He does it race after race. If only he could qualify better, as he did here, he would be a major title contender for sure.

Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 12:15   #231

A great weekend yet again. I was betting on Enea and Martin for Sunday and had no hope for Marc, seeing his pace on practice and qualifying. But I think Marc did pretty well on Sundays. If he was not held up by Aleix, I think he would have passed Bagnaia. DiGia - Alex back and forth was entertaining.
The retro liveries were really good. My pick would be the KTMs and then Aprilia and gresini.

Last edited by parzival : 6th August 2024 at 12:41.
parzival is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2024, 15:50   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parzival View Post
A great weekend yet again. I was betting on Enea and Martin for Sunday and had no hope for Marc, seeing his pace on practice and qualifying.
Too bad, both of them will be on different machinery next year but I'm damn sure it will be a hotly contested three way fight for the championship this year! I remember Enea was on a different level and was giving Bagnaia nightmares in the latter half of the '22 season. Pecco, at that time had actually preferred Miller over Enea to be his teammate, just as he prefers Enea over Marc next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parzival View Post
But I think Marc did pretty well on Sundays. If he was not held up by Aleix, I think he would have passed Bagnaia. DiGia - Alex back and forth was entertaining.
I think fourth was the best that the GP23 could achieve, as he himself stated - it was either a chance of a podium or a crash and IMO, would've been the latter.
I really do hope Marc has one good weekend where he qualifies in the front row and has a real chance of winning the Sprint/Race or both. For this to happen, he needs to get out of the 'tow' mentality. I don't understand why he cannot trust his abilities and the GP23 to set a lap time alone. The GP23 is no slouch at all and in fact, one of the best bikes on the grid.
Old 6th August 2024, 23:05   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Too bad, both of them will be on different machinery next year but I'm damn sure it will be a hotly contested three way fight for the championship this year! I remember Enea was on a different level and was giving Bagnaia nightmares in the latter half of the '22 season.

While all the discussions were of whether JM89 may end up taking the #1 to Aprilia next season, EB23 has given a timely reminder that he could take the #1 to KTM instead.

The first half of the season saw him in down in the championship standings due to a combination of poor qualifying, long lap penalties, crashing out etc., though his race pace was mostly on par with the podium finishers.

He did mention that his focus is on qualifying well for the second half of the season and this weekend had lived up to it.

This weekend both of the riders that Ducati chose to ignore have surely shone. Interesting season ahead.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 01:47   #234

Quote:

I think fourth was the best that the GP23 could achieve, as he himself stated - it was either a chance of a podium or a crash and IMO, would've been the latter.
I really do hope Marc has one good weekend where he qualifies in the front row and has a real chance of winning the Sprint/Race or both. For this to happen, he needs to get out of the 'tow' mentality. I don't understand why he cannot trust his abilities and the GP23 to set a lap time alone. The GP23 is no slouch at all and in fact, one of the best bikes on the grid.
Pecco was actually loosing pace by the last quarter of the race. You could see the way pecco was dropped by Enea and Martin. But Marc seemed to have a consistent pace and was gaining on pecco by the end. But he had already lost time behind Aleix and it was too late. I think this is where the gp23 and gp24 differs the most. You can clearly see the gp 24s (even the Aprilias in the corner) pulling away in corner exits from the gp23 in aerial shots.

IMO Marc is doing exceptionally well with the GP23 bike, given that he comes from riding Honda for 10 years and probably has grown his riding style around that bike. It’s probably easier for someone riding a bike for 2-3 years and then switch to another understand it. So now riding the Ducati, though he has found the rhythm but he still probably is learning to set up the bike to make it go faster. As per him, Honda was all about the front end and In Ducati it’s about the rear tyre- probably the reason he shined in a tight track like Sachsenring despite all the odds, but his laptimes were average (but consistent) in a fast flowing track like Silverstone, where his dependence on the bike was higher. And I think he will still have these problems and a steep learning curve when he gets the GP 24 as well. His chances of another world title will be farther, the longer he takes to understand the Ducati. But then it’s the Marc Marquez we are talking about and anything is possible for him.
parzival is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 14:32   #235
BHPian

News Feed

Fabio Di Giannantonio renews with VR46

Fabio Di Giannantonio will remain in the VR46 Racing Team in the 2025 MotoGP season, and will upgrade his status to a factory-contracted rider.

Di Giannantonio, who secured his MotoGP future last year only in the penultimate race of the season when he won the Qatar Grand Prix, will, in 2025 and 2026, become a third rider contracted to the Bologna brand to race a factory-spec Desmosedici, of which there will be only three from next year.

From not finding a ride to stay in MotoGP, 9 months ago to becoming a factory-contracted rider, I must say no one deserved it more than Fabio himself! Hope he goes onto achieving new heights in his career.

The 2024 MotoGP Season-_lgz0771.jpg
Source: https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/...ogether/505375

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks