Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2024 MotoGP championship?
Marc Marquez 4 12.90%
Francesco Bagnaia 16 51.61%
Jorge Martin 10 32.26%
Marco Bezzecchi 0 0%
Fabio Quartararo 1 3.23%
Brad Binder 0 0%
Maverick Vinales 0 0%
Other (Please specify in your post) 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2024, 09:55   #181
BHPian

Re: The 2024 MotoGP Season

I am of the view that MM93 on GP25 with Ducati Lenovo team is going to be very bad for the spectators. I think he is going to wipe the floor with Pecco. No I am not a MM93 fan, in fact i don't like him a bit, but overall i think on GP23 he has proved that what a monster (pun intended) he will be on equal machinery. He will runaway with the titles. Happy if i am proven wrong.
motor_breathing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 11:18   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I am of the view that MM93 on GP25 with Ducati Lenovo team is going to be very bad for the spectators. I think he is going to wipe the floor with Pecco. No I am not a MM93 fan, in fact i don't like him a bit, but overall i think on GP23 he has proved that what a monster (pun intended) he will be on equal machinery. He will runaway with the titles. Happy if i am proven wrong.
If that happens, it'll be one of the greatest comebacks:

career threatening injury -> riding the worst bike on the grid -> switching to a satellite team and becoming competetive again -> winning the race for the best seat on the grid -> winning the championship (hopefully, per your prediction).
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 13:29   #183
BHPian

News Feed

Maverick Vinales, Enea Bastianini join Tech3 KTM for MotoGP 2025

KTM has completed its 2025 MotoGP line-up by announcing the signing of both Aprilia's Maverick Vinales and Ducati's Enea Bastianini to form the Tech3 line-up.

The French-based team will also return to 'Red Bull KTM' branding next season, after two years in red GASGAS livery.

With Brad Binder and current Tech3 rookie star Pedro Acosta confirmed at the factory KTM team next year, both Jack Miller and Augusto Fernandez will leave the RC16 project.

The 2024 MotoGP Season-screenshot-20240613-09.58.52.png
Source: https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...tm-motogp-2025

KTM's definitely reaped the benefits of the 2025 silly season and looks set to take the fight to Ducati next year!

Last edited by Porschefire : 13th June 2024 at 13:31.
Porschefire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 17:19   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
KTM's definitely reaped the benefits of the 2025 silly season and looks set to take the fight to Ducati next year!
Both Vinales and Bastianini are too inconsistent to make any major impact on the championship. KTM's WC charge will be spearheaded by Acosta for sure.

Aprilia can't expect Martin to win the title in his first season with them, wins will come for sure (at least Sprint wins).

Ducati will have their strongest line up ever with Pecco and Marc and with Aldeguer set to join and other good riders like Bez/Diggia onboard they will still be favorites for both titles.

Last edited by ds.raikkonen : 13th June 2024 at 17:21.
ds.raikkonen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 18:59   #185
BHPian

Happy Birthday, MotoGP!

MotoGP completed its 75th birthday yesterday, 13th June 2024.

The day was the 13th of June 1949, and the race was the inaugural showdown in the 350cc World Championship. It took place on the Isle of Man as part of the very first Grand Prix weekend, which later saw the very first premier class race take place on the 17th of June.

The 2024 MotoGP Season-75_1.jpg
Source: https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/...-motogp/501172

The 75th Anniversary special #MotoGP75 festivities are set to kick up a gear at the Monster Energy British Grand Prix at Silverstone with all the 11 teams on the grid – including the five factories – racIng with their own special edition, vintage paintwork.

The 2024 MotoGP Season-75_2.jpeg
Source: https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/...erstone/501027
Porschefire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 06:42   #186
BHPian

I am so looking forward to next season already.All manufacturers, atleast the European manufacturers, have very good teams now.I don't think the Japanese manufacturers matter much in the scheme of things, atleast for the next couple of seasons.

Hope it makes for some close racing and a tight season.There is just no fun in one rider or manufacturer sweeping everything.

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2024, 23:46   #187
BHPian

GP8: 28 June - 30 June

Motul TT Assen

TT Circuit Assen

Assen is the longest serving venue on the calendar, having held a round every year since 1949 with the sole exception of 2020 due to Covid restrictions. The circuit was purpose built for the Dutch TT in 1955, with previous events having been held on public roads. The track is narrow, with rapid changes in direction, and is fully surrounded by grass banks and grandstands, providing excellent viewing for the hundreds of thousands of fanatical spectators who are drawn to the most prestigious event in Dutch motorsport every year. A huge favourite with riders, Assen is well known for its festive and extravagant atmosphere.
In 1999 the circuit was modified with a new grandstand, control tower, press centre and renovated boxes. Modifications to the Assen circuit over the winter of 2005/6 saw the length cut from over 6km down to 4.555km/2.83miles.

The 2024 MotoGP Season-1.png

The 2024 MotoGP Season-2.png

The 2024 MotoGP Season-3.png

Previous Winners

The 2024 MotoGP Season-4.png

The 2024 MotoGP Season-5.png

PS: I'll be in Assen to live my first MotoGP experience, super excited and waiting impatiently for Thursday!

Last edited by Porschefire : 23rd June 2024 at 23:53.
Porschefire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2024, 18:27   #188
BHPian

News Feed

Marco Bezzecchi to Aprilia for MotoGP 2025

As predicted by many, Marco Bezzecchi will join the factory Aprilia team for the 2025 MotoGP season. Like Martin, Bezzecchi has signed a 'multi-year agreement'.

Bezzecchi's deal means the factory Ducati, KTM and Aprilia seats are all decided for 2025. Honda and Yamaha each have one factory team place still to be confirmed.

The 2024 MotoGP Season-screenshot-522.png.jpeg
Source: https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...ia-motogp-2025

Last edited by Porschefire : 24th June 2024 at 18:49.
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 11:00   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
I think he is going to wipe the floor with Pecco.
Marc is a ruthless winning machine, an 8 time WC out of which 6 are in the premier class! Enough said.

But....Pecco has been brought up by Gigi FOR the Ducati Desmo machine. He is one with the machine, much more than Marc is (at the moment anyway, never know with the aliens). Pecco will surely up his game for 2025 and be a major contender even with Marc next doors. It will be a battle for the ages, in nearly every other race next year
ds.raikkonen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 14:16   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds.raikkonen View Post
Pecco will surely up his game for 2025 and be a major contender even with Marc next doors. It will be a battle for the ages, in nearly every other race next year
I feel Marc will dominate Pecco after he gets to grips with the bike and Pecco will crumble under the pressure with unnecessary mistakes when push comes to shove.

While Pecco is extremely good, Marc is on a different level mentally and possesses natural talent which he elevates to another level with his application. On equal machinery it’s extremely difficult to not see Marc as World Champion next year.

It is going to be an interesting 2025 in Moto GP with his (Marc’s) move and the other musical chairs of top riders.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2024, 01:29   #191
BHPian

News Feed

1) Pramac signs with Yamaha for MotoGP 2025

Yamaha and Prima Pramac Racing have announced a new multi-year partnership. Prima Pramac Racing will become Yamaha's “second Factory Team” from 2025 onwards, while remaining an Independent Team on the MotoGP grid.

The multi-year programme will see close cooperation between the two parties, including Yamaha providing factory spec YZR-M1 bikes for Prima Pramac Racing. The riders will be directly contracted by Yamaha, and MotoGP engineering staff contracted by Yamaha will work together with Pramac team staff.

The official announcement that Pramac will become Yamaha’s new satellite MotoGP team from 2025 not only included confirmation that Pramac will have ‘factory bikes’ but also revealed a ‘future Moto2 project’.

Pramac has been Ducati's longest-serving and most successful satellite team and with this announcement, Ducati’s MotoGP presence will be reduced from eight to six riders next season.

During their 20 years with Desmosedicis, Pramac have achieved eight victories, 55 podiums, and 20 pole positions, as well as winning the 2023 teams’ title and finishing riders’ world championship runner-up with Jorge Martin.

The 2024 MotoGP Season-pramac.jpeg
Source: https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2024/...-racing/501840

2) 2025 Rider Market...

With Factory Ducati, Kim and Aprilia along with KTM Tech3 having confirmed their 2025 rider line-up and the news of Pramac joining hands with Yamaha, the rider market is in its second leg with 11 riders yet to be confirmed -

Gresini Racing: Gresini is set to keep one Marquez in MotoGP next season with Alex close to renewing at the satellite Ducati team for a third year. The second rider is yet to be confirmed and it is speculated to be Fermin Aldeguer.

Pertamina Enduro VR46: With Marco Bezzecchi moving to Aprilia, Fabio Di Giannantonio will most likely be retained. It is highly unlikely Franco Morbidelli would be willing to ride a Yamaha again so, he is mostly destined to arrive at VR46 due to his close connections with Valentino Rossi and will likely be riding the latest spec Ducati again.

Monster Energy Yamaha: Lin Jarvis has mentioned their priority is to retain Alex Rins and negotiations are currently underway.

Honda: Joan Mir has had his fair share of troubles with the RC213V and he has been quite critical of the bike raising doubts if the Japanese manufacturer will ever see the light at the end of the tunnel. Yet, he recently pivoted on his stance and interestingly, has stated that he intends to resign with Honda. WSBK star Toprak Razgatlioglu has also been linked to a move to MotoGP with Honda.

LCR Honda: While Taka Nakagami is doing his best on the troubled RC213V and is likely to be retained, rumours have cropped up that LCR might look at replacing Taka with Moto2 rider Ai Ogura.

Pramac Racing: Pramac are looking at a multi step process wherein they started with signing a long term contract with Yamaha and are now looking at riders who would fit the project as they know the road isn't easy and it would mean a few years of development before they can get competitive again. Jack Miller has stated that he shares good relations with everyone in the paddock and especially with Pramac so, he might fit the bill.

The 2024 MotoGP Season-rider-market.jpeg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks