Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2024, 20:08   #286
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Formula 1 : 2024 Season

Finally Williams chucks out Logan Sargeant. Williams really tried to give him a long run so that he could make his performances more consistent, however he was never consistent with his performance and also with his particular penchant for heavy crashes, makes the team to run out of patience.

But I am really surprised with their choice for replacing him, they bring another rookie. They could have tried liam lawson or mick or Vandoorne or some other experienced driver who could have helped them to get some points.
Old 31st August 2024, 13:15   #287
BHPian

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9210.jpeg

Finally confirmed. Looks like the FP1 crash sealed the deal!
ex-innova-guy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 20:31   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

I am just loving this season so far. For a dominant team to be outgunned comprehensively, it's not unprecedented and anyone who's followed f1 knows why.....

Piastri I feel is the horse to bet on for multiple championships.
The only negative is Norris not taking the win to have an easier path to displacing the championship.
Old 1st September 2024, 21:48   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Charles drove a solid race today. I wasn't betting on him, especially since at P4, he had both McLaren rocket-ships ahead of him. He won his home race (Monaco) earlier in the season and Ferrari’s home race today! Sort of replicating what George did at Silverstone. This, coming from a team whose strategy calls were the butt of endless jokes/memes not long ago, is encouraging.

Lando continues to give up his lead on lap 1. What an incredible move by Piastri though!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 21:52   #290
Senior - BHPian

I was really happy to see Ferrari to win. I just wish the other 2 podium spots were occupied by Sainz and Max.
Also really happy that the Brit commentators didn't get a chance to make a noise about a British team or British driver winning.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 22:17   #291
BHPian

Italian GP Results

Qualifying Result
Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9235.jpeg

Qualifying Highlights

Race Result
Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9234.jpeg

- Leclerc takes Ferrari’s home win and also Driver of the Day! What a brilliant-brilliant drive by him to make 1 stop work. Gave me goosebumps all over again and reminisced of his 2019 Monza win.

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9232.jpeg

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9236.jpeg

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9230.jpeg
He was visibly disappointed after yesterday’s qualifying session.

Post Race Radio Message(Link)

- Ferrari, you beauty! For the 2nd consecutive week, they got the strategy right. As a Tifosi, I shall distribute sweets every week if this continues for the rest of the season.

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9233.jpeg

- Piastri was a man on a mission but just didn’t have enough pace to close down on Leclerc. I fail to understand why McLaren gave away track position to pit him. It would be understandable if they had done that after Leclerc’s pitstop.

- Norris’s start struggles persist. He left the door open, and teammate Piastri took the first opportunity. Leclerc too pounced and took P2 away from him.

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9225.jpeg

- McLaren’s were free to race each other but ultimately didn’t provide much action.

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9226.jpeg

- Birthday boy Sainz drove beautifully and takes P4. He held off Piastri and played the team game.

- Can you believe that Max has finished P6, and that is without any racing incidents! What surprised me more was the below radio message from Max!

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9231.jpeg

- Russell spoilt his race in the first corner of Lap 1. Post that, he just couldn’t make places.

- Magnussen received 2 penalty points today, totaling to 12 points; which attracts him a race ban.
Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9229.jpeg

- Debutant Colapinto finished P12. He seems to be a good replacement for Sargeant.

- What an amazing race it was at Monza. Tifosis are unbelievable, and scenes at Monza cannot be matched by any other track especially when Ferrari wins! The way they sing their National Anthem gives one goosebumps.

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9228.jpeg

- Last but not least, it was good to see Kimi back in paddock.

Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9227.jpeg

Standings across Laps
Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9241.jpeg

Tyre Data
Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9242.jpeg

Race Highlights

Driver Standings
Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9239.jpeg

Constructor Standings
Formula 1 : 2024 Season-img_9237.jpeg
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2024, 23:42   #292
BHPian

A Ferrari win and Marquez win, what a great Sunday it is
Old 2nd September 2024, 08:09   #293
BHPian

Finally Ferrari gets strategic call right or was it just pure luck that their single pit stop worked. But Its doesn't matter as Ferrari won the Italian Grand Prix. The way the Tifosi were cheering for Leclerc was just amazing.

Initially I thought that McLarens will chase down Leclerc but couples of laps after the 2nd pit stop, it was evident that McLarens might find it difficult to chase down the Ferrari.

Max's radio messages in last few races are interesting to hear, either he got a dressing down after the Childish comment in the Hungarian Grand Prix or he is been sarcastic with the team since he is not winning.

Sainz and Hamilton were in their own race and settled down in 4th and 5th places.

It's interesting which new rule affected Redbull so much or was it the monitoring that FIA introduced mid season that's hurting them. But what ever the reason, the fall has been spectacular from viewers point of view.

Regards
Old 2nd September 2024, 10:28   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Also really happy that the Brit commentators didn't get a chance to make a noise about a British team or British driver winning.
They did make a lot of noise, both during and after the race, about how Mclaren should have asked Piastri to let Norris pass by since he is fighting with Max for WDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Finally Ferrari gets strategic call right or was it just pure luck that their single pit stop worked. But Its doesn't matter as Ferrari won the Italian Grand Prix.
Regards
I think they made the right choice here because there was no confusion. They had nothing to lose and only to gain here. If it hadn't worked, Leclerc would have ended up P3 which would have happened anyways with a 2 stopper. But the upside of a 1-stopper working was huge and I am glad it worked out.

Last edited by satyamkolhe : 2nd September 2024 at 10:36.
Old 2nd September 2024, 10:56   #295
BHPian

I just hope Lando pulls up his socks for the remaining races. Giving up a sure shot win in a car better than anyone, on pole, is criminal, especially when repeated multiple times.

Lando can seriously win the World Championship if he gets his act in place.

PS: Loving that Max is in a slower car. Let's see how the cookie crumbles now
Old 2nd September 2024, 11:11   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

The Constructor championship is more or less gone from Red Bull. They are about 8 points away from McLaren; it's a certainty that McLaren will cover that in the next two races. Unless of course Checko pulls out something from his invisible hat given the next two races are street races (Azerbaijan & Singapore). What Red Bull will have to watch out is getting pushed to 3rd position as Ferrari are only about ~40 points behind them.

The drivers championship is a different case. On paper, it's a very close fight with Lando doing all that he can (inspite of his mistakes). But McLaren can put up a much stronger fight supporting their top driver than taking a "neutral" stance. It's illogical, given every other team has done this in the past when the situation demands so. Red Bull for Max, Ferrari for Leclerc, Mercedes for Hamilton; and so on. In yesterday's race, there was no loss by swapping Lando and Piastri on the last lap; given it was clear he wasn't going to catch up to Leclerc. It would have got Lando an additional 3 points closer to Max; while the overall team points would have been same.

Mclaren leadership needs to look at the larger picture. They can win two championships this year; driver & constructor's. It's possible. They should atleast go down fighting till the last race; that's more important than anything else.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2024, 11:33   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
The Constructor championship is more or less gone from Red Bull. --------snip -------------They should atleast go down fighting till the last race; that's more important than anything else.
For Mclaren, running team orders would guarantee the driver's championship as well. They have at best 4 other cars, and at worst 2, to help them keep redbull at bay. Maybe 6 and 4 even, considering that Perez is getting closer to Max from the unexpected direction.

Norris really needs to sort out his starts, and first laps.

How awesome would it be to "let them race" in AD 24, in a
hail mary lap after the safety car.?

PS: I am waiting for the lollypop man video to drop for Monza. Finally Lewis would not be asking the Quicklaren and OMG for seats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks