Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 09:33   #16
BHPian

Re: 2023 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix | Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir | 03 - 05 Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Another way to see the races is to see them physically. Jokes apart, our family had already planned to come see the Season opener at Bahrain and boy oh boy, it hasn’t disappointed!

Like most events, the thrill of seeing an F1 race live on the track is unparalleled! Back to our room after a long day today, tired but raring to go for tomorrow’s race.
That's just A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!

Do post pics.
atul.sxna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 09:50   #17
BHPian

Re: 2023 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix | Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir | 03 - 05 Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.sxna View Post
Two words for Aston's improvement:

Dan Fallows!!!
So either he unlocked the hidden potential of the car or just took it to another level through his brilliance. If it's the second case then it is nothing short of miracle, to make such an improvement under such limited constraints and that too on a car which had not so good baseline to begin with. But definitely more competitive cars means more exciting races
Revvatron is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 09:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra__foxtrot View Post
Just a question to the folks who are watching this via the F1 TV app, it was mentioned we can listen to driver radios but I am not able to find that option here, has it been taken off or am I looking at the wrong place? help
In the mobile app, check the menu icons on the right side. The last icon that looks like steering of a F1 car is the one. When you click it, you get list of all drivers. Select a driver of your choice and if he is on the track then you can see the onboard video plus listen to radio messages between him and the race engineer.

If you are watching on Fire TV Stick then pressing the centre round button gives the full menu including the list of drivers.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 12:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Missed the qualifying as hotstar doesn't have the broadcast rights which I found out yesterday. Won't buy F1tv subscription unless Ferrari has shot at the title So pages like team-bhp is my hope for following the races.
Qualifying highlights of yesterday are hosted on YouTube.

Also race highlights are generally hosted few hours after the conclusion.

While not the same thing as live telecast, this should reduce your pain of missing out.
Fx14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 14:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Select a driver of your choice and if he is on the track then you can see the onboard video plus listen to radio messages between him and the race engineer.
On the settings menu, there’s two options to set audio track to pit radio or commentary, and enable the subtitles. But the subtitles seems to be not working for me at least, is it displaying for anyone?
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 16:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
On the settings menu, there’s two options to set audio track to pit radio or commentary, and enable the subtitles. But the subtitles seems to be not working for me at least, is it displaying for anyone?
Subtitles work. I use a FIreTV remote. Once you are in play mode, press play/pause and then scroll right to get the subtitles on/off and language

This year is gonna be superb as a lot of good cars and drivers. What was interesting to me was - in the post quali meet, CHeco and Max saying that their car is a sunday car and not a quali car.

Was also interesting to see Ferrari save their softs and not send Charles for another flying lap to try P1 in quali.

On the whole, today is definitely going to be exciting.
FuelInjector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 20:19   #22
BHPian

What an amazing access to pre race coverage, seeing all the cars being rolled into their grid spots, live view of the mechanics surrounding the machines, pre race interviews with the team principals....and all this is just Pre race.....i would say, my Rs.2500 for F1 TV subscription is completely worth it!!!!

Can't wait for the lights to go out and racing to start.
atul.sxna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 22:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

A great race for Redbulls, but a greater race for Alonso fighting all the way from 7th to the final step of the Podium.

What a race by Alonso!!!. Great overtakes against Hamilton, Russel and Sainz. It takes a lot of racecraft to overtake someone into the corner of Turn 10 in Bahrain and pulling it off against Hamilton is other worldly. Brilliant racing.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 22:27   #24
BHPian

Other than the resurgence of Aston Martin, nothing changed from last season. Redbull miles ahead, Ferrari with usual unreliability and Mercs to do a lots of catchup.

Happy for Alonso, never been a fan of his antics. But boy oh boy, he has proving again and again what a shrewd driver he is been. With Kimi already gone, and Seb no longer there, maybe I am warming up to Alonso. But you never what’s upon his sleeves, when things are not going his way
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 22:56   #25
BHPian

This race was the usual F1 semi-borefest, the usual elements

- Max winning by a mile.
- One Ferrari conking off.
- Fernando as usual entertaining, stopping you from falling asleep.
- Stroll torpedoing someone, almost ended Fernando's race today. This was hilarious. Fernando asked who it was and there was radio silence from the team. He found out in the cooldown room and just stared at the screen. The Strolls need to be aware this is not Vettel. Expect retaliation if the antics don't stop.
- One team going full clown mode. It was Alpine today.
- Haas being Haas and losing a wing.

Only outlier was Williams. Unexpected and Sargeant too was exceptional this weekend as a rookie.
TROOPER is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 04:12   #26
BHPian

This race was no different from last year, as already discussed here,

1) Redbulls are quick and dominant - Perez is on the mark as well, hopefully no team orders gets in the way of 2 redbulls fights.
2) Ferrari are quick but lack the reliability again - I think we are going to see one Ferrari parked in the pits while the other one tries to stand on the last podium spot.
3) Mercedes - Lost, clueless and hopefully get a better aero package that can challenge the Astons (Yes, you heard it right) I dont believe they can challenge redbulls or Ferraris.

Aston Martin - Boy oh Boy, who would have thought Alonso in an Aston Martin fighting with the Ferrari for a spot on the podium. Last year when he moved from Alpine to Aston, I presumed that this was going to be one of the many wrong career decisions that he has taken over the years. But yes, the pace is true. Finally, equal engines (atleast for the Aston and Mercedes). If AM can find so much pace with the same Merc engine, Mr.Toto wolf should atleast now think about focussing on the aero package. Hopefully their upgrade in the coming races will answer a lot of questions. If not, Astons are going to sit on the 3rd spot for a long time.
TN20CQ5187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 10:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

If the 2023 season is going to be like this race, then we are in for a treat. The question is not "who will win the championship" but "who will be 2nd 3rd and 4th". The latter is worth watching.
KiloAlpha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 11:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Finally the first GP of the season is done! Apart from the expected 1-2 Red Bull cruise.
Everything that followed was super exciting.

For Alonso to take on the mighty Ferrari and Mercs was mind boggling to comprehend last year. Being a new concept rather than an evolution, looking forward to the rate of development between the top 4 teams.

The chaos at the start caused by the brain fade from Lance gave us some mighty wheel to wheel racing. Alonso absolutely on fire on the Hards. I think more to come because the DRS train, (more like dirty air train in this case) in the 1st stint restricts hard racing on the softer compound, with most not wanting to stress them early in the stint.

What is exciting is the potentially faster Quali speed of the Ferrari & Mercedes and the mega race pace of the Astons, laying the base for wheel to wheel racing.

Poor starts from Alpine & McLaren.

Was quite impressed by both Williams. Nice to see them start positively.

Lastly a big thank you to Otmar Szafnauer and the senior Alpine management team for their driver decisions from last year.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:35   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Being a Hamilton fan, the last 2 years have amply slammed it in the face, "oh so that's what THAT feels like."

That Merc needs to get rid of that sidepod! I think Wolff and his engineers have finally been slapped into reality at the race itself. No benefits in onelap, or race pace. Hope its not too little, too late.

The biggest gainer?
Ricciardo!
I am so glad for him.
Old 6th March 2023, 14:53   #30
BHPian

Vintage Fernando rolled back the years big time!

Thanks to him, I did not stop watching the race, which was quite boring otherwise (except for the start). And there were no surprises when LEC's car grind to a halt and he was left contemplating what could have been. VER probably has more pace which he did not need as nobody could even come close (perhaps Adrian Newey is too good for others to beat now). I can only hope the likes of LEC, ALO, HAM and RUS challenge VER at least in some races so that 2023 is not decided alf way through the season.

The scrap with HAM was amazing, and would have been quite humbling for HAM. Still remember when Alonso said that HAM only knows how to start from 1st
ds.raikkonen is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed