Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2021, 10:30   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Red Bull & Ferrari believe guilty rivals need to pay for crash damages

Sure, why dont you charge the teams who cause the crash.
However, as is natural, one cannot be punished twice for the same crime, so no there should be no penalties once fault has been judged.

Who will judge the monetary quantum of damage? I am sure a CF part procured by Williams turns out to be more expensive than for , say, a mercedes, no?

Off note: Will this see a series of incidents where Mr. Varishth Appan's Honda scratches the Aston Martin of Mr. Lankesh Sutrollam's, and the latter will be arguing on track holding the former's collar and shouting "Tu jaanta nahi mera baap kaun hai?" *.
(Names only indianised, no offence meant to either driver, or the fans.)
(* Translation: Do you know who my father is?)
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 11:02   #17
RMN
BHPian

Ferrari & Red Bull are immune to causing a crash? Ultimately everyone is going to cause a crash at some point so everyone's extra expense evens out. I find this request a little dramatic.
Old 6th August 2021, 11:27   #18
BHPian

The feasible solution to this being, in such accidents, the cap limit to be extended for that team.

Doesn't mean that the teams start deliberately crashing their cars for increasing the budget.

Stewards should be fair while judging the mistake and take decisions accordingly.

As in these cases(previous 2 races), the teams have to suffer cost cutting on advancements/R&D for the rest of the year that too on no fault of their drivers/team.
Old 6th August 2021, 15:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Who will judge the monetary quantum of damage? I am sure a CF part procured by Williams turns out to be more expensive than for , say, a mercedes, no?

Off note: Will this see a series of incidents where Mr. Varishth Appan's Honda scratches the Aston Martin of Mr. Lankesh Sutrollam's, and the latter will be arguing on track holding the former's collar and shouting "Tu jaanta nahi mera baap kaun hai?" *.
(Names only indianised, no offence meant to either driver, or the fans.)
(* Translation: Do you know who my father is?)
Continuing your hilarious theme:
Redbull will take Mercedes to their known FNG to inflate the cost of repair to leave room for negotiation and pocket the difference.
Old 6th August 2021, 15:59   #20
BHPian

If their demand goes through, with Max's over aggressive and bullying driving style Red Bull might actually end up making maximum payments for opponent's repair bills.
bmw_lover is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks