Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2019, 12:51   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ferrari honors Michael Schumacher on his 50th birthday

Weirdly, nothing at that level from Mercedes!

Ross Brawn says:
Quote:
"They are a terrific family, very well balanced, they're following their own pursuits as well as supporting Michael," Brawn revealed on BBC 5 Live's Sportsweek. "We've seen Mick, his son, establishing himself in motor racing, and Gina Maria is quite involved in a form of equestrian, she's been very successful with that.

"Corinna, Michael's wife, that's helped her through such a tough time. They have never relented with their support for Michael and their belief there will be solutions ahead.

"We're all optimistic about finding solutions in the future and there will be a time when things move forward for Michael."

“Michael would be on the rostrum with two guys wilting, barely able to stand up, and he’d be bouncing around and they would be looking at him thinking: ‘God, what on earth is this creature we’re competing with?’”
Corinna says:
Quote:
She told fans the family are doing "everything humanly possible" to help the stricken former Ferrari driver.

"We are very happy to celebrate Michael's 50th birthday tomorrow together with you and thank you from the bottom of our hears that we can do this together," she said.
Source
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 14:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ferrari honors Michael Schumacher on his 50th birthday

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I don't think he any personal friendships (at Mercedes) at the same level as he had with Ross Brawn (at Ferrari).
Old 7th January 2019, 15:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

The Formula 1 channel on Youtube have been putting up some videos on MS and what his rivals thought of him .

More available on the channel.

Last edited by tharian : 7th January 2019 at 15:17.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 19:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well 1/3rd of Ferrari's Drivers' (5 of 15) and Constructors' (6 of 16) championships were largely courtesy of Michael and master strategist Brawn.

If those 5-6 years hadn't happened, I doubt the current generation would even associate Ferrari with F1

So I'd say Ferrari owe a lot to Michael's contribution in their years with them.

The last few moments in the video was the Maranello Ferrari Museum. I can't recognize the interior pictures though.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2019, 23:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why would there be?

MSC and the majority of his titles and team-building skills are all associated with Ferrari.
His contribution at Mercedes-Petronas cannot be denied but most of the work transitioning from Brawn to the '14 to '16 Mercedes is work of Ross Brawn... and not Toto Wolff either ; )

In fact If Mercedes F1 had put up any such show It may seem ingenuine and/or a publicity grab to some.

Last edited by Maky : 7th January 2019 at 23:10.
Maky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2019, 09:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

To be fair, Toto Wolff said as much on Michael's birthday. And I felt that was really gracious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto Wolff
"Michael is one of the founding fathers of the success we have had in the last five years," said Wolff.

"There is no other driver like him and his vast experience contributed tremendously in the development of our team.

"He played a crucial role when we rejoined F1 and was one of the people who laid the foundation for our future success. We're extremely grateful for everything he did for us."
source

#KeepFighting!

Felt this was the right thread for this rather good ranking video from AutoSport.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th January 2019 at 07:32. Reason: back to back posts merged
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 06:58   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, take some time out on Sunday and listen to this amazing podcast. Few people knew Schumacher as well as Ross Brawn did & the man speaks for an hour about the hero - link.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 11:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, take some time out on Sunday and listen to this amazing podcast. Few people knew Schumacher as well as Ross Brawn did & the man speaks for an hour about the hero - link.
wow this is incredible...
MSC right from the early years by Ross Brawn himself.
Loving the direct questions, when was he at his peak?, ask a dream team member such a question and normally you'd get a wishy-washy answer. Blunt assessment on tyre rule changes to openly talking about his personal nature dealing with things.

I can't believe they were able to get him to speak on Schumacher in such detail and at great length.

Thanks tons!
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 11:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Liberty Media followed it up with an excellent interview with Sabine Kehm - MSC's long-standing manager.

There's a video where F1 people are asked to describe Michael in one word. For Massa - it was "hero". And when I was 14 years old, Michael was just that to me. He remains the image of F1 I will always remember.

Sabine talks about how MSC was as a person off the track. Given how ruthless he was on track, I expected it to extend to his off-track personality as well. But it is quite the opposite.

She also talks about how she believes the team of Ross Brawn and Michael laid the groundwork for a lot of Mercedes' success in the new turbo era.

The day he met with the accident, I woke up 5 times that night just to ensure I didn't wake up to news of his passing. I can only hope Michael returns to some form of normalcy in due course.

#KeepFightingMichael
Old 24th January 2019, 15:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

F1 TV is now broadcasting/streaming a documentary on Michael Schumacher. I might just subscribe to see this one.

Click here for story

URL Source: F1.com
Old 19th October 2019, 10:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Couldn’t stop myself from sharing this. Schumi’s son is just like him and is following footsteps of his dad into racing - if his dad was watching this, he’d be extremely proud of seeing his son climbing steps to the podium

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks