Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2016, 21:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Formula 1 Belgian GP - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

What is with Spa and crashes! The August break needs a rethink!

Great race from Fernando and McLaren. Honda did benefit from the safety car periods, and didnt need to do any fuel saving. Massa helped as a buffer too.

Force India's quick too. Good pace.
Hatari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 23:59   #32
BHPian

Unbelievable race!

Kevin Magnussen's crash was horrible! I'm glad he made out safe.

Looks like Ferrari is being troubled by someone from Red Bull consistently. I think Verstappen plunging into T1 was something out of F1 game. It was really tight corner and he would have to run wide anyway. And his battle with Raikkonen was dangerous. Hungary was fine but today he risked Kimi crashing into him.

In the post race interview, he apparently said he doesn't care about Kimi as he almost ended his race in T1. He should be lucky that they didn't crash because Kimi went off the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I saw an advert that said the race will be live on both Select HD2 and Star Sports 2, but given they skipped qualifying on SD it may be the same tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Looks like Star has already moved F1 to Star Sports Select HD. Qualifying is playing on SS Select HD2 and even the race is only listed on this channel.
I saw the race on SS2. They have moved out F1 from Star Sports' app too. It is now a premium on Hotstar.
Monolithic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 08:12   #33
BHPian

2016 Formula 1 Belgian GP - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps-pod.jpg

An entertaining race to say the least.
Massive crowd attendance. Nice to see that and mostly because of Max.

2016 Formula 1 Belgian GP - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps-results.jpg

3rd for Hamilton was a record comeback to podium at spa, no less, which is probably more than what they expected.
He still leads the table.

2016 Formula 1 Belgian GP - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps-drivers.jpg

Changes in the constructors' table today - ForceIndia passed Williams for 4th, and McLaren took 6th from ToroRosso.

2016 Formula 1 Belgian GP - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps-const.jpg

Magnussen is out of hospital and says he will be fit for Monza. Big relief after such a massive accident

2016 Formula 1 Belgian GP - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps-3-1.jpg

Vettel coming from the outside and Verstappen on the inside in the beginning of the race basically making a Kimi sandwich.

Max used his trademark last minute defense on Kimi later and got away with it too. He makes me think of Schumi. Sort of like "I'll do whatever is necessary".

Mclaren's have a fine chassis and with the slightly higher DF setup, Alonso had Williams in the pocket in sector 2 later in the race. Consistently 8 tenths quicker in S2 to stay away from an attack in the long straights. Honda is going about their job diligently. Excellent progress.

2016 Formula 1 Belgian GP - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps-shoe.jpg
It's become an Aussie tradition to drink from the race shoe.

Last edited by jfxavier : 29th August 2016 at 08:28.
jfxavier is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 10:07   #34
BHPian

Belgium did not disappoint. Only Star network in india disappointed by not telecasting the race in any of the HD channels. Was boring to watch the SD telecast. Its going to reduce viewership even further now that F1 has moved to the premium channel - definitely reduced watching from me.
Great drive by Hamilton - no wonder he is a champion. Those in positions 2/3/4/5/6 etc were unable to over take but he did from way back. Thats skill!
Kevin Magnussen's crash. Didnt see it but saw the wreck later on. Thank God he is safe and thank God for all the safety measures built into these cars.
Congratulations SFI for making it to the 4th in Constructors. Carry on!!
Drinking from your own shoes - yew!! Drinking from someone else's shoe - double triple YEW!!!!!
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 10:44   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
Belgium did not disappoint. Only Star network in india disappointed by not telecasting the race in any of the HD channels. Was boring to watch the SD telecast.
I have the Mega pack on TataSky and the new Shy Channels came as part of it. In fact I could also switch to the Premier League on the other channel quite happily.

I am wondering why is Vettel doing a Hamilton on Kimi. The latter is too nice a guy. If he was say, Hamilton he would have finished two places higher.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks