Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 14:37   #31
BHPian

Re: 2016 Formula 1 Canadian GP - Montreal

Vettel blames Suicidal Seagulls for causing distraction in his pursuit of Hamilton
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/125...nd-i-locked-up
Old 14th June 2016, 17:50   #32
BHPian

Not a boring race but neither was it all that exciting. Excellent start by Vettel only to have it lost due to Ferrari's decision to pit under the VSC. It was a gamble and it didn't pay off today. Lewis is back and in just 2 races Nico's points advantage has been brought down to 9 !
Wonderfully defended by Max in those last few laps. Ricciardo was a bit unimpressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Vettel blames Suicidal Seagulls for causing distraction in his pursuit of Hamilton
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/125...nd-i-locked-up
This was really hilarious! Seb saying "They just stayed there"
Old 15th June 2016, 10:43   #33
BHPian

Honesty it was supposed to be Ferrari's race right from the start but they messed it up again with their stupid tyre strategy. And for Kimi well I dont know what is with him. I understand his car was still running the old turbo unit unlike Seb's but he seriously had a bad day in his office. But anyways you've got to hand it over to Sebastian Vettel for that brilliant start and off late of all the drivers, I kinda like the Redbull team Danny and Max. Max is definitely a future champ and so is Danny. The pair's doing wonders for the team. The only thing missing is the engine noise and may be one of the reasons why Vettel's sea gulls didn't bother what was coming their way But otherwise, this is turning up to be quite an interesting season with the Ferraris, Redbulls, Williams and Force India performing beyond what anybody would have expected.
Old 15th June 2016, 11:26   #34
Senior - BHPian

The only guys who went for one stop, Ultrasoft and then Soft were the Mercs. As it happened Rosberg got a slow puncture (?) so changed a second time. So Hamilton was effectively the only one on a one stop. i think this strategy was fraught with some risks, but they pulled it off. Of course Mercs are light in term of tyre wear.
Old 15th June 2016, 12:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

I thought it was refreshing to see Ferrari's trying something different. They went for a bold one pitting under VSC but it ended just as Vettel entered the pits. A few seconds more under VSC & it would have been a closer fight. Though they should have left KR out once they knew that VSC was over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The only guys who went for one stop, Ultrasoft and then Soft were the Mercs. As it happened Rosberg got a slow puncture (?) so changed a second time. So Hamilton was effectively the only one on a one stop. i think this strategy was fraught with some risks, but they pulled it off. Of course Mercs are light in term of tyre wear.
Also the Williams. Bottas too 1-stopped. Surprising as Williams is generally harder on tires but I guess the cooler temperatures helped. Probably the reason why RBRs suffered.
Old 15th June 2016, 12:20   #36
Team-BHP Support

My guess is that with Nico despatched far down the grid, Lewis could afford to take the single stop risk and come second at the most. Ferrari's goof up was a bonus!
Old 18th June 2016, 13:06   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
The only thing missing is the engine noise and may be one of the reasons why Vettel's sea gulls didn't bother what was coming their way
Found this video on YouTube of the Canadian GP start.

The engines do seem to be loud but all that wonderful turbo spooling sound is not heard while watching on tv.
Old 18th June 2016, 14:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Somehow the sounds of the turbocharged engines reminds me of only one thing. The turbo-prop aircrft of old - more like a Viscount or a Fokker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks