Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2015, 04:33   #196
BHPian

Re: The 2015 F1 Season, Calendar & Rule Changes

Good to see that F1 has not lost all its homour and fun in between all this "serious" stuff.

K-Mag showed off his newly found muscular and heavily tattooed upper body as an April Fools' day prank. He posted a Photoshopped image of his head on a muscular frame and tweeted: "Good progress being made thanks to countless hours of training."

It came soon after Lewis Hamilton had tweeted a picture of himself shirtless on the front cover of Men's Health magazine.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 F1 Season, Calendar & Rule Changes-kmag.jpg  

Old 6th April 2015, 12:09   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en.html

Maybe I am used to the old layout, but the new style seems to be a bit too "different" for my taste.

If you like the latest Windows style, maybe you will find it to be fantastic.
However, something I liked very much is this logo in the bottom corner.
I agree, the old f1.com website was so user friendly. It also seems like they have taken out the photo gallery from each GP. They had some wonderful pics up always.

There's definitely some airbrush and photoshop done on Hamiltons body. He isnt this buff!
Attached Thumbnails
The 2015 F1 Season, Calendar & Rule Changes-lewishamilton271450.jpg  

Old 8th April 2015, 22:18   #198
BHPian

Lewis Hamilton has admitted he doesn't know when his new contract with Mercedes will be signed, describing the unfolding saga as “a pain in the backside”.
Maybe he has other offers on his plate as well.....

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24...will-be-signed
Old 8th April 2015, 22:41   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
Lewis Hamilton has admitted he doesn't know when his new contract with Mercedes will be signed, describing the unfolding saga as “a pain in the backside”.
Maybe he has other offers on his plate as well.....
I hope he has and I also hope he goes somewhere else and I also hope that Alonso joins Mercedes and wins atleast 1-2 WDC before retiring. *wishful thinking*

-Bhargav
Old 9th April 2015, 07:32   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
I hope he has and I also hope he goes somewhere else and I also hope that Alonso joins Mercedes and wins atleast 1-2 WDC before retiring. *wishful thinking*

-Bhargav
If Mercedes is the only car capable of winning championship even after a couple of years, I would rather see Ricciardo and Bottas battle it out. Both of them deserve a good shot at the championship.

Honda might be pathetic this season but I wouldn't rule them out for 2016 or 2017 season as a strong contender. Same is the case with Ferrari and Red Bull. Both these teams might catch up Mercedes in another couple of seasons.

As we saw in Malaysia and throughout 2013 season, Mercedes might have the fastest car but they are more aggressive on their tyres. Even in 2013, Mercedes was faster over a single lap but they couldn't sustain the pace over the race. Currently, their performance advantage helps them in not requiring to push the limits on engine or tyre and their intra-team battle is always a level playing field since both drivers would face same issues. Once others are as as fast as Mercedes, it would be interesting to see how Mercedes can hold their lead. I'm hoping this might happen at least some time in late 2015 or early 2016.

On a lighter note, given how Alonso manages to get his moves so wrong, we might see Honda revival if Alonso finally manages to get out of Honda and move to Mercedes.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 01:51   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
If Mercedes is the only car capable of winning championship even after a couple of years, I would rather see Ricciardo and Bottas battle it out. Both of them deserve a good shot at the championship.

Honda might be pathetic this season but I wouldn't rule them out for 2016 or 2017 season as a strong contender. Same is the case with Ferrari and Red Bull. Both these teams might catch up Mercedes in another couple of seasons.

As we saw in Malaysia and throughout 2013 season, Mercedes might have the fastest car but they are more aggressive on their tyres. Even in 2013, Mercedes was faster over a single lap but they couldn't sustain the pace over the race. Currently, their performance advantage helps them in not requiring to push the limits on engine or tyre and their intra-team battle is always a level playing field since both drivers would face same issues. Once others are as as fast as Mercedes, it would be interesting to see how Mercedes can hold their lead. I'm hoping this might happen at least some time in late 2015 or early 2016.

On a lighter note, given how Alonso manages to get his moves so wrong, we might see Honda revival if Alonso finally manages to get out of Honda and move to Mercedes.
Looks like Mercedes and Ferrari will have company sooner than expected.
Spain’s Marca sports daily reports: “From Thursday in Shanghai, the FIA will use a new set of sensors to measure the fuel system in more detail.”

They are moving away from the single flow sensor to a more detailed metering arrangement. Until now, the rules have been policed with the use of a standard fuel flow meter, but the FIA reportedly now wants to check pressure in other parts of the fuel system.
Probably the ability of some of the fuel systems in the grid to accumulate fuel in the circulating system while keeping the supply from the fuel tank to a constant 100 kg/h and actually injecting more fuel into the units when required and conserving the fuel when not required will be not possible with the introduction of the new system.
But who knows, maybe merc. has found a new way to mask their consumption. It will be interesting to see tomorow's practice times.

http://thisisf1.com/2015/04/09/fia-p...rari-mercedes/

Last edited by jfxavier : 10th April 2015 at 02:03.
Old 10th April 2015, 10:42   #202
Senior - BHPian

Only a Ferrari title would make Fernando Alonso question McLaren switch
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...mclaren-switch

Agree. We must wait till then to term it right or wrong.
Old 10th April 2015, 11:14   #203
Senior - BHPian

Its funny lot of Alonso fans keep saying that while fighting not to see the obvious, Ferrari has started to get so close to the Mercedes while the Mclaren is only being better than ManorGP after 2 races with 0 points.

Don't know if that's any indicator for these experts making reasons to justify his bad move and more, Button is doing better than Alonso too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Only a Ferrari title would make Fernando Alonso question McLaren switch
http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...mclaren-switch

Agree. We must wait till then to term it right or wrong.

Last edited by anachronix : 10th April 2015 at 11:17.
Old 10th April 2015, 12:20   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its funny lot of Alonso fans keep saying that while fighting not to see the obvious, Ferrari has started to get so close to the Mercedes while the Mclaren is only being better than ManorGP after 2 races with 0 points.

Don't know if that's any indicator for these experts making reasons to justify his bad move and more, Button is doing better than Alonso too!
Its been a case of so close yet so far the past 5 years with Ferrari!
Ferrari was the closest to Red Bull earlier and Mercedes this season, without going the distance. So its not about race wins or finishing 2nd in the championship anymore, only winning matters.

Alonso's hardly spent time in the McLaren and his short race stint at Malaysia was quicker than Button who's spent far more time in the car.

Therefore, it may very well be a bad move. But the fat lady has not sung yet!
Old 10th April 2015, 12:32   #205
Senior - BHPian

Yeah right! 'So close yet so far' vs 'So far away', lets see if the fat lady sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Its been a case of so close yet so far the past 5 years with Ferrari!
Ferrari was the closest to Red Bull earlier and Mercedes this season, without going the distance. So its not about race wins or finishing 2nd in the championship anymore, only winning matters.

Alonso's hardly spent time in the McLaren and his short race stint at Malaysia was quicker than Button who's spent far more time in the car.

Therefore, it may very well be a bad move. But the fat lady has not sung yet!
Old 10th April 2015, 18:35   #206
BHPian

McLaren seems to be making steady progress upwards from the bottom of the timesheets.
At least the car seems to be spending more time on the tracks than in the pits during the sessions.
Soon the increments will be smaller as they try to get close to the real action.

"For most teams 100 laps isn’t anything, but for us it was like 1000 laps because there is so much for us still to learn," says JB
Team-mate Fernando Alonso confirmed his sights are set on Q2 after taking 17th and 12th on a "very positive Friday".
"Others put extra power [on for qualifying], we saw in Australia and Malaysia, [so] I don't think Q3 is possible, but definitely Q2 is the goal for tomorrow.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed