Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 00:12   #16
BHPian

Re: Sale of tickets for Indian GP has started!

BHP-ians! Since a lot of us, BHP-ians are going for the Indian GP, Wouldn't it be nice if we had some way of identifying ourselves as BHPians? Maybe that way, we could meet a lot of BHP-ians face to face! I think it would be an excellent opportunity to meet BHP-ians from all over the country!

*it might be a juvenile, but maybe we could all have Team-BHP stickers on our backs or something!
OR
You guys can come up with something better!
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:55   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Yeah Rs 2500, Rs 6500, Rs 12000 and Rs 35000

The thing I am really hating is that we have book separate tickets to even get to the track by our own vehicle even if we dont park it. And that (I'm not Sure) is only if 3 tickets are booked together at least.
So if 1 or 2 ppl are going to the track their only options are
1. 2 wheeler (>1 tickets) which is a bad idea if you're coming all d way from Delhi, it like over 50kms
2. BIC Bus ticket
3. Taxi, Im guessing the fares will be thru-the-roof.
Think of the metro system also. It will be cheap & fun. The website shows routes & maps of the metro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
I think a bigger problem is going to be Hotels. Delhi is very expensive (mostly as much as Europe) and lacks a good number of hotels. That's the first thing people should book right now.
You can think of staying at some other location. The track is located in Greater Noida, so think of staying at some place far away from the location but well connected by Metro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
The tickets are expensive. I have a feeling that certain areas will remain empty. BTW, the picnic area, how is it going to be? The race is in the afternoon and without shade, How do you think people will hold up in the heat. Howz the weather in delhi around Oct end?
October is the best month to enjoy the climate in Delhi. Neither too hot & nor too cold.
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Think of the metro system also. It will be cheap & fun. The website shows routes & maps of the metro.
Hey, There is the metro but not all the way to the Track. In fact the nearest metro at Noida is still over a hour away. Buses will ply from some of the Metro stations to the Circuit and we have to book bus tickets for that too.

Why did they have to charge for private vehicles for just dropping of at Circuit?
Old 24th August 2011, 02:00   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Star Stand 1 East rocks! End of the long straight, thus you get to see the cars zooming toward you at 300 kph, and witness their awesome braking (believe me, the way an F1 car brakes will impress you more than their acceleration). I'm dead sure T4 corner will see some good overtaking.

Congratulations on inaugurating the ticket counter. Super proud today!
GTO, 8500 Rs is a bit too much and I guess I don't want to spend that much. What do you think about the Classic stand 1 East? I feel you get a good view of the whole straight from T3 to T4 as well as the corner plus the second straight between T4 and T5. Also a good part of T5 and after the turn. What do you say? Isn't it near enough to the T4 for the deafening sound and overtaking?

If not, then probably North picnic stand or Classic stand will have to do....they I think have removed the Premium stand in North due to its proximity to the grand stand and it giving a better view of T1 than the grand stand.

Also, do you think they will allow us on to the tarmac after teh race to go and see the presentation?
Old 24th August 2011, 09:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Why did they have to charge for private vehicles for just dropping of at Circuit?
Thats the way to expoit people & make quick money.

I dont know how it works in other countries
Old 24th August 2011, 10:36   #21
BHPian

need help from delhi members, We are a group of 10 guys from bangalore, need help in booking a good hotel in the vicinity of India gate. we have purchased the 8500 Rs ticket and have opted for the bus pick up and drop from india gate.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
need help from delhi members, We are a group of 10 guys from bangalore, need help in booking a good hotel in the vicinity of India gate. we have purchased the 8500 Rs ticket and have opted for the bus pick up and drop from india gate.
Hotels near India gate are mostly five star hotels. If you are looking for something reasonable look in Karol bagh or paharganj , both these places are near to India gate and also have metro connectivity. Paharganj is where most of the firangi backpackers put up, its a stone throw away from the new delhi railway station and cheap but be prepared to navigate through small lanes.

India Gate Hotels, New Delhi And NCR | Book Hotels in, near India Gate, New Delhi And NCR at Budget Rates | Best India Gate Hotel Deals at MakeMyTrip India

Cheers
Old 24th August 2011, 11:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
Hotels near India gate are mostly five star hotels. If you are looking for something reasonable look in Karol bagh or paharganj , both these places are near to India gate and also have metro connectivity. Paharganj is where most of the firangi backpackers put up, its a stone throw away from the new delhi railway station and cheap but be prepared to navigate through small lanes.

India Gate Hotels, New Delhi And NCR | Book Hotels in, near India Gate, New Delhi And NCR at Budget Rates | Best India Gate Hotel Deals at MakeMyTrip India

Cheers
Thanks dude, Do not want backpacking kind of hotels upto 5k per night per double room is fine. So please recomend any from personal or friends references. As booking on the net everything looks nice but do not want to have a bad experience once we get there.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check Ginger Delhi (Yatri Nivas) near the railway station. It is very reasonably priced and a metro station is also just near the hotel.

EDIT - Just checked. It seems to be full that weekend

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 24th August 2011 at 11:13.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dude, Do not want backpacking kind of hotels upto 5k per night per double room is fine. So please recomend any from personal or friends references. As booking on the net everything looks nice but do not want to have a bad experience once we get there.
On 5k budget you can try Ramada Plaza , their rates are around 6-7k but since you are a group of 10 people, they may be able to offer you a discount. Bargain hard as Oct is not a good month for business and the race weekend is coinciding with diwali so the occupancy may be low

Currently, this is the only one that comes to my mind which can fit your budget, I will ask around and let us guys know.

Cheers
vagu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 14:45   #26
BHPian

I want to book tickets for 8.5K or less and below is my pecking order in terms of best place to watch :

1. Star 1 or 2 east - Hard Braking and Overtaking
2. Picnic South - View of 3 corners and downward acceleration and braking. Cheap.
3. Classic north - Possible overtaking and super acceleration.

I want to know from anyone who has been able to visit the track, how far these stands are from the track in terms of run-off + barricading etc. Also is the Picnic south a green slope or stepped free seating (cheapest stands in cricket stadium like)
Old 24th August 2011, 21:20   #27
Senior - BHPian

Guys I'm willing to buy ANY ticket, except the 35k ones. Which is THE BEST seating in terms of view?
Old 24th August 2011, 22:53   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
Guys I'm willing to buy ANY ticket, except the 35k ones. Which is THE BEST seating in terms of view?
Definitely south and north premium stands. North premium not on sale yet.
Old 24th August 2011, 23:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipunkul View Post
Definitely south and north premium stands. North premium not on sale yet.
As GTO also mentioned, T4 (East) looks good too. Thats why the confusion.
Old 25th August 2011, 09:43   #30
BHPian

I guess once its clear if there are steps to sit on in the south picnic stand, I'll prefer that to the fixed seat T3 classic or T4 star. One can change his/her position and check during practice/quali, which parts of the stand are the best.

But if its a standing only (natural stand like slope), then its no good to be crushed by 4000 people jostling for space!

Edit : View from T3

courtesy Adam_india at http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...708714&page=64

We need lots more of these!

Last edited by nipunkul : 25th August 2011 at 10:01.
nipunkul is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks