Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2011, 23:44   #1
BANNED

F1 History- What happened to them..?

I am just curious to know... Where have these F1 drivers gone now.

They were Greats, Not all, but few of them a talented bunch.

1) Juan Pablo Montoya
2) Ralf Schumacher
3) Kimi Raikkonen
4) Takuma Sato
5) Jacques Villeneuve
6) Jarno Trulli

Similar are my queries regarding few Constructors.

1) Jaguar
2) Toyota
3) Minardi
4) Bar
5) Honda
6) Jordan
Old 27th July 2011, 00:28   #2
BHPian

Re: F1 History- What happened to them..?

Ah good topic to start of Pavan..
I can begin with Montoya, He drives NASCAR series, ranked at 17th position this season. He drives a Chevy, I just read bout him a couple of weeks ago his car ran out of fuel in the race and he coasted to halt at finish
Old 27th July 2011, 02:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Montoya is in Nascar. Ralf Schumacher is in DTM (touring cars), Raikkonen in rallying, Sato's probably somewhere in Japan trying to find a sponsor who can get him into F1 again, Villeneuve was into music last time I checked LOL. Trulli is still in F1, just didn't take part in this previous race.

Jaguar is Red Bull F1 now. Toyota was not sold, so all their parts and equipment will probably be sold off in time to come. Minardi is Torro Rosso now. BAR is Mercedes. Honda is Mercedes. (BAR -> Factory Honda -> BrawnGP -> Mercedes). Jordan is Force India now.
pranavt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2011, 04:35   #4

The Toyota Team was based in germany and was sold to Stefan GP. Stefan did not come through with their plans though. And then Sauber came back and took Toyota's Spot.

BTW, Sato is in Indicar.
Old 27th July 2011, 14:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Sauber came back to take Stefan's spots on the grid but not the team equipment.

As of now though Ferrari are using the Toyota wind tunnel near Cologne until their wind tunnel is fixed. I think the equipment is still with Toyota and not Stefan GP.
Old 27th July 2011, 15:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
I am just curious to know... Where have these F1 drivers gone now.

They were Greats, Not all, but few of them a talented bunch.

1) Juan Pablo Montoya
2) Ralf Schumacher
3) Kimi Raikkonen
4) Takuma Sato
5) Jacques Villeneuve
6) Jarno Trulli

Similar are my queries regarding few Constructors.

1) Jaguar
2) Toyota
3) Minardi
4) Bar
5) Honda
6) Jordan
Fantastic thread and replies, allow me for my 2 cents on the drivers:
1) Juan Pablo Montoya - Nascar and busy with twitter
2) Ralf Schumacher - Tried to come back with Force India but did not materialize, no news after that?
3) Kimi Raikkonen - Enjoying rallying
4) Takuma Sato - Vapourized after Super Aguri was gone(can someone confirm this)..He was wild with his driving anyways
5) Jacques Villeneuve - tried to come back with the slicks-comeback,then tried for his own team and now with some music stuff.
6) Jarno Trulli - every now and then starts the Trulli train, keeps busy with his vineyard . I dont know why Lotus need him, probably Gascoyne likes him.

Hey btw how do we book tickets for Delhi GP this year??

Cheers !

Last edited by polopm : 27th July 2011 at 15:09. Reason: typo errors !
Old 27th July 2011, 16:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
The Toyota Team was based in germany and was sold to Stefan GP. Stefan did not come through with their plans though. And then Sauber came back and took Toyota's Spot.

BTW, Sato is in Indicar.
What julupani said.

The equipment is still Toyota's. Which is why you have Pirelli using a Toyota chassis and engine for doing tyre testing. Toyota did not sell the equipment to StefanGP because the owner was a lunatic.

Also, Sauber did not take Toyota's spot AFAIK. After BMW left, Sauber were given some time to find sponsors. They found Qadbak who looked like they had money. Their slot was safe. It is a different matter altogether that they had their own contrversies and Peter Sauber ended up running the team without any Qadbak sponsorship. Meanwhile, the new set of entrants were chosen; HRT, Virgin, Lotus and USF1. USF1 didn't make it to the grid, HRT almost nearly didn't. So Stefan wanted to collaborate and/or buy out Toyota and run Toyota's TF110 cars on the grid, which didn't work out since the FIA didn't want to change their entrant list even though USF1 had already pulled out and Toyota didn't have an entry booked for 2010.

Sorry for the history lesson LOL.

Last edited by pranavt : 27th July 2011 at 16:11.
Old 27th July 2011, 16:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Meanwhile, the new set of entrants were chosen; HRT, Virgin, Lotus and USF1. USF1 didn't make it to the grid, HRT almost nearly didn't. So Stefan wanted to collaborate and/or buy out Toyota and run Toyota's TF110 cars on the grid, which didn't work out since the FIA didn't want to change their entrant list even though USF1 had already pulled out and Toyota didn't have an entry booked for 2010.

Sorry for the history lesson LOL.
Slight correction there. Lotus didn't get the nod initially from the FIA. Initially, only USF1, Virgin( then known as Manor GP ) and HRT ( then known as Campos ) got the nod from the FIA. Lotus was on the waiting list. Once Toyota pulled out, Lotus got the nod. Ironic that the best of the newcomers didn't even get the initial nod from the FIA while jokers like USF1 and Campos got the entry. Says a lot about the FIA under Max Mosley.
Old 27th July 2011, 21:35   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Some F1 drivers do really well in lesser series. Remember Takagi from a decade back, made famous from the time he drove his Arrows "onto" the car in front? After his F1 career ended, the dude went on to win 8 out of 10 races in Formula Nippon...the first driver to win the series in such a dominating way. He currently owns a team as well.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 00:19   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Slight correction there. Lotus didn't get the nod initially from the FIA. Initially, only USF1, Virgin( then known as Manor GP ) and HRT ( then known as Campos ) got the nod from the FIA. Lotus was on the waiting list. Once Toyota pulled out, Lotus got the nod. Ironic that the best of the newcomers didn't even get the initial nod from the FIA while jokers like USF1 and Campos got the entry. Says a lot about the FIA under Max Mosley.
I stand corrected then, memory fades pretty quickly these days

Nonetheless, if StefanGP was run by someone competent who had managed to get Toyota backing and FIA's blessing, there was a pretty good chance that Toyota's challenger would have been pretty good, if not at the front with BrawnGP. They had exploited the double-diffuser concept to an extent, which gave Brawn such a dominating lead. As it stood, StefanGP first sued the FIA, then tried to get into F1, then tried to force their way into F1 by sending their trucks to the Australian GP to make the FIA look like a bunch of jokers. Funny thing is, the StefanGP trucks, in all probability, didn't have a single car inside them.
Old 28th July 2011, 09:42   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Fantastic thread and replies, allow me for my 2 cents on the drivers:

2) Ralf Schumacher - Tried to come back with Force India but did not materialize, no news after that?

4) Takuma Sato - Vapourized after Super Aguri was gone(can someone confirm this)..He was wild with his driving anyways

Cheers !
Just to add a point to the above
Ralf Schumacher is busy with German DTM championships so is Takuma Sato busy with Indy Car series
more info can be obtained on the below driver on the given link
Ralf Schumacher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Takuma Sato - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hope this is useful, thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 10:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Not sure why some of the drivers are missed from the post. I used to be a big fan of "Damon Hill" and "David Coulthard".

Damon used to drive for Williams, and them moved to Arrows and Jordon. I remember his race with Arrows in Hungarian Grand Prix where he limped his utterly slow car to second place. In the process he overtook Michael Schumacher. A hugely talented driver in my opinion. Damon currently writes on formula one racing and is connected with the sport.

Another one is David Coulthard (Scottish), one of the fittest guys on the grid. Have fond memories of him driving the McLaren with Mika Häkkinen. I believe he mostly was second to Mika because of team orders, in lot of races he was much faster than Mika but had to follow him. David has been on BBC a few times and continues to be a summariser for them.
Old 28th July 2011, 11:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Not sure why some of the drivers are missed from the post. I used to be a big fan of "Damon Hill" and "David Coulthard".

Damon used to drive for Williams, and them moved to Arrows and Jordon. I remember his race with Arrows in Hungarian Grand Prix where he limped his utterly slow car to second place. In the process he overtook Michael Schumacher. A hugely talented driver in my opinion. Damon currently writes on formula one racing and is connected with the sport.

Another one is David Coulthard (Scottish), one of the fittest guys on the grid. Have fond memories of him driving the McLaren with Mika Häkkinen. I believe he mostly was second to Mika because of team orders, in lot of races he was much faster than Mika but had to follow him. David has been on BBC a few times and continues to be a summariser for them.
I think we didnt talk about either Damon Hill or David Coulthard is because these two retired from racing altogether, after pretty successful F1 careers, a World Championship in Damon's case.

The others listed above sort of drifted out of F1 after no longer having an opportunity to drive a F1 car, but not officially retiring.
Old 28th July 2011, 11:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

Coulthard is currently the 2nd commentator for the BBC alongwith Martin Brundle. Till last year he was the 3rd commentator after Jonathan Legard, who was replaced this year.

If I remember correctly, Damon Hill is/ was head of the British Racing Development Corporation that heads Silverstone and was involved in the restructuring of the circuit.
Old 28th July 2011, 12:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Anyone remember these:

Scott speed
Zolt baumgartner
Christian albers
Christian klien
Olivier panis (toyota)
Christiano da matta (toyota)
HH frentzen (sauber)
Eddie ervine (jaguar)
Alex wurz (williams/mclaren)
PDLR (Jaguar/mclaren)
Jean alesi(?)
Tiago monteiro (jordan)
Mark winkelhock (spyker) - who lead for one lap in 2007 nurbergring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm
6) Jarno Trulli - every now and then starts the Trulli train, keeps busy with his vineyard . I dont know why Lotus need him, probably Gascoyne likes him.
I am a fan of trulli train.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 28th July 2011 at 12:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks