Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 23:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Real reason for Adrian's act?

There is already a discussion on Sutil vs Lux incident here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...-fight-f1.html

The version you have heard to be believable was something Sutil's lawyer taught him to speak in his defence and nothing else.

Mallya was smart and you think he was not ready to give Sutil a chance this year because of this incident!? That sounds more bollywood type end to the story
Old 8th February 2012, 23:51   #17
BANNED

Re: Real reason for Adrian's act?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
There is already a discussion on Sutil vs Lux incident here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-m...-fight-f1.html

The version you have heard to be believable was something Sutil's lawyer taught him to speak in his defence and nothing else.

Mallya was smart and you think he was not ready to give Sutil a chance this year because of this incident!? That sounds more bollywood type end to the story

Didn't know about the other thread. Anyway, of course Sutil was going to be replaced for other reasons. I just meant to say it was a win win situation for Mallya. Anachronix, do you have evidence to prove those words were put in Sutil's mouth by his lawyer?

If it was really an intentional injury he would be in jail . And Lux would relax knowing the authorities would take care of Sutil. There is clearly something that is not being spoken about.

I'm not defending Sutil just so you know.
Old 9th February 2012, 09:02   #18
mgh
BHPian

Re: Fist fight in F1

Read somewhere that as per footage from surveillance camera, Sutil and Lewis were sitting next to each other, when the incident happened. Apparently Lux approached the table, (don't know why he didn't send one of his minions), and said something which caused the incident.
Once there is an injury, whether intentional or otherwise, it becomes a crime in theory. The fact that Sutil was sitting, by itself, supported his statement that the injury was unintentional, which is why he was given suspended sentence.
Anyway, his career could indeed be over.
Don't know what are the other implications of a criminal conviction, but i suspect that he would be ineligible for visas to many countries. As per his bio, he could also have been a concert pianist. The criminal conviction could come in the way of that as well.
As per news both Sutil and prosecution are appealing against the verdict!
Adrian Sutil and prosecution appeal against sentence in Munich trial | Sport | guardian.co.uk
mgh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 03:52   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgh View Post
Read somewhere that as per footage from surveillance camera, Sutil and Lewis were sitting next to each other, when the incident happened. Apparently Lux approached the table, (don't know why he didn't send one of his minions), and said something which caused the incident.
Once there is an injury, whether intentional or otherwise, it becomes a crime in theory. The fact that Sutil was sitting, by itself, supported his statement that the injury was unintentional, which is why he was given suspended sentence.
Anyway, his career could indeed be over.
Don't know what are the other implications of a criminal conviction, but i suspect that he would be ineligible for visas to many countries. As per his bio, he could also have been a concert pianist. The criminal conviction could come in the way of that as well.
As per news both Sutil and prosecution are appealing against the verdict!
Adrian Sutil and prosecution appeal against sentence in Munich trial | Sport | guardian.co.uk

Any idea on exactly why Hamilton was being banked on to save Sutil?
Old 14th February 2012, 16:45   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Rather unruly behaviour in what is such a gentleman's sport today. Sutil clearly regrets the incident and has also gone on record with his apologies. I hope that this matter reaches a peaceful conclusion.

BTW, what's with nightclubs & fist fights? Of all the brawls I've seen, 75% have been in a nightclub. Yeah, it's prolly the adrenaline rush.
Other than adrenaline it also may have something to do with alcohol or women.

On a serious note - I really think the boys were getting too gentlemanly, such things just make it more exciting.

Cheers,
ac

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks