Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2014, 11:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series

Mitsubishi has revealed the last hurrah of the Lancer Evolution. Named the Evo X Final Concept, the 4 door sports car will be showcased at the 2015 Tokyo Auto Salon. On the outside, the car features a matt black paint job with a gloss finished roof & rear spoiler. It also gets chrome details and 19 inch forged aluminium wheels. On the inside, the seats get red contrast stitching, but this is far from just a cosmetic update.

Link to Team-BHP news article

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-18683026341666651761.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st October 2015 at 14:30. Reason: Typo
Tushar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 11:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi’s flagship performance sedan the Lancer Evolution is on its way out. After announcing the last hurrah of the Evo in the form of the Lancer Evo X Final Concept, the Japanese automaker has now revealed the final production version of the iconic car. The Lancer Evolution Final Edition has been launched in Japan and only 1,000 units of the car will be produced, starting August this year.

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-4.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-1.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-9.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-2.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-3.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-7.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-6.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-5.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-10.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-8.jpg
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 19:47   #33
BHPian

Farewell Evo! Sad that Mitsubishi had to pull the plug on such an iconic car and series! This series undoubtedly goes straight into the history books; for it brought the rallying DNA into production cars. The Evo has been one of those quintessentially JDM cars that is designed to do just one thing: Put a smile on the driver's face.

I remember drooling over the Lan Evos (as they're popularly called in Japan) featured in Inital D; the EVO3 and the EVO4 featured in the anime are to die for!

One of my favorite snippets from the show:

Cheers!
Cartman

Last edited by Cartman : 18th April 2015 at 19:48.
Cartman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 18:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

Mitsubishi has launched the Lancer Evolution Final Edition in North America. Only 1,600 individually numbered units of the Final Edition will be produced. Powering the car is a turbocharged and intercooled 2.0L MIVEC DOHC 16-valve, inline 4-cylinder engine that makes nearly 300 BHP at 6,500 rpm and 414 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm, with the grunt channelled to all four wheels through the standard 5-speed manual gearbox.

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-1.jpg
Tushar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 19:08   #35
BHPian

Sad to see the Evo breathing it's last. What was once a drool machine when we were in college. But as they say all good things should come to an end!
Old 20th October 2015, 23:18   #36
BHPian

Goodbye to a legend, a dream! The Evo was one car that taught me the meaning of JDM. Those were the days. I was a little kid and every time I played NFS Most Wanted, I just had to drive one car, and that would be the Lancer Evolution VIII. The other fact that made this car special for me when I was a kid is that this very car was used in Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift by Sean.

I really felt like crying when I heard of this news some time ago as I had always wanted to own a red Evo. The Lancer Evo X was a great car. The thing in the car was versatility. I, for one, would still pick an Evo any day in spite of it being dated over any other sedan in its class. Don't care about features, she is the ultimate rally queen and will be as much at home cruising on the highway as dune bashing on a fine day. Though I didn't like it when Mitsubishi decided to dilute the driving experience from it's former raw nature to a more mature one.

To the folks who can afford this and are lucky enough to get their cars on this beauty, please don't hesitate to do so. Your is guaranteed for sure. Forget supercars, this one will hold it's own in automotive history.

Now for some pictures. The following were taken from the official Team-BHP review thread which was put up by our very own moderator Rehaan Sir.

The Evos evolve:
EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-evolution.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-mitsubishievox01.jpg

EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-mitsubishievox05.jpg

And this one, is the Evo that was used in Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift.
EVO X will be the last of the Mitsubishi EVO series-evo.jpg
Source:Google

A thought: they should let the Evo nomenclature RIP along with the car. Now, who would want to relate the legendary Evo with an EV?

RIP.

Mods, please delete irrelevant parts if necessary.

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 20th October 2015 at 23:29.
petrolhead_neel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 11:53   #37
A M
BHPian

Goodbye EVO!!

But what is the difference between North America and Japan editions?
Old 22nd October 2015, 13:38   #38
BHPian

And we'll have stories to tell our kids how the Japanese EVO was the dream car for most of the car enthusiasts.
RIP, legend!
Make way for a "Environment friendly" cars. :|
Old 22nd October 2015, 23:44   #39
BHPian

In the summer of 2001, on the cover page of an erstwhile automotive magazine, there was a photo of a car that was traversing a chicane of a muddy road. Dust was being sprayed everywhere and the wheels were locked in the opposite direction. The bright yellow car was throwing caution up the wind as the menacing headlamps was lurking for a significant grip in search of a millisecond here or there. It seems long time ago, 14 years infact, that the Evo VII captivated me. I have been a loyal Evo fan ever since. A bright red Evo 5 poster in my room, a brilliant blue Evo 5 wallpaper on my first ever phone, the Evo consumed me. Much so that I had the privilege of driving one, in Netherlands. That day is etched into my mind deeply. It was for a project that my old company was researching about. I felt lucky. I felt blessed. For, this was my first true petrosexual car.

It is truly a drivers delight and a menace to those who dont believe in breaking the laws of physics.

Mitsubishi Evo. You will be missed.
Old 9th September 2022, 05:59   #40
Team-BHP Support

A great video which chronicles the journey of how the Evo came to being as a product, and how Mitsubishi as a company has done what it does best, ie make bad decisions over and over again.

Joginder Singh - The Flying Sikh is also shown in this video.

benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 08:07   #41
BHPian

The Lancer Evo series was discontinued around 2014 - now it's fierce competitor, the Impreza WRX STi, has been discontinued as well. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks