Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2014, 04:07   #3571
BHPian

Re: Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
If it is a fleet vehicle, definitely spend the $150 or so it will take to get a proper PPI done at a trusted mechanic. A lot of tech shops don't report to Carfax when they do work on their own vehicles, and it is especially true for car rental fleets and corporate fleets. You are right to not trust Carfax completely. Even Lexus dealers have their own system and don't submit to Carfax.

Also, look at NADA guides to get a better estimate than KBB. A lot more dealers follow that.
Yea, this weekend we will be checking it out at a shop.
Old 14th February 2014, 12:20   #3572
BHPian

Something totally unexpected has happened in the last couple of weeks.

For sale:
Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-img_3647-1400x933-1300x866.jpg

Picked up this:
Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-img_5255-1650x1100.jpg

Will update all with a thread on the new addition some time soon. It was an unbelievable buy, out of the blue, from someone who lives 10 mins from my home.
VLOCT is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 20:01   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Picked up this:
Attachment 1207992

Will update all with a thread on the new addition some time soon. It was an unbelievable buy, out of the blue, from someone who lives 10 mins from my home.
Z06! LS7! I hope that's a trip meter and not the actual odo - 167 miles??!!!???

Congratulations!!
mohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 20:35   #3574
BHPian

I am rubbing my eyes. Did i see 167 Miles?? or it is to the power of 3? More info would be great!!

Btw
Fraz33r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 21:14   #3575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Z06! LS7! I hope that's a trip meter and not the actual odo - 167 miles??!!!???

Congratulations!!
I think it is a C5 Z06.
Jomz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 21:24   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
I think it is a C5 Z06.
I think you are correct. While the base layout is very similar, it indeed looks like a C5. I jumped the gun looking at the Z06 symbol.
Old 15th February 2014, 02:53   #3577
BHPian

Thanks guys.

It's a real hard choice for me to put my C4 LT4 (63000 miles) for sale. I've come to love that car. I've been telling my friends to pick it up. For my friends and Team-BHP mates, $13k gets it. If anyone is interested, I can give the details of the car. It's a peach of a car for that money, and a steal. See what LT4s go for that condition and mileage. Heck, what can one get for $13k nowadays. All wear items are brand new on the car, with every fluid including the A/C refrigerant and Nitto 555 Extreme performance tires. Just changed the battery 3 weeks ago. Just writing about it gets me sad. But it's gotta go.

Jomz, got it right, its is a C5Z. Its a 2004, Black on Black, the best and the last of the C5Zs. And yes, that is the actual odo miles on the car. Got the car for $35k which personally, I feel is just the right money for that car. But more importantly, it's just an extremely rare find especially, one that has survived that long with such low miles and no oil leaks or any other visible degradation. It's pristine, fully optioned and includes the head-up display, which I believe was a standard option for those Zs.

Needless to say all fluids have been changed. Car just got the full black all around ceramic tint window treatment including full clear windshield, with XPEL paint protection for complete front, partial doors and around the rear wheels. Going to pick it up in an hour or so from the shop.

I am on a plan now to inrease the rear wheel horsepower (RWP) to around 420 bhp, without increasing it's incredible 3110 lbs of curb weight. Probably a Cam/valve set change, coated long headers, polished throttle body, updated air intake etc. No Supercharger though, which is the easiest and most popular upgrade. All this of course, when I feel the car is fully broken in.

The complete details of the car wil be in its own thread.
VLOCT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 05:02   #3578
BHPian

Nice car VLOCT and an instant classic. I fell in love with the C5, playing that car in NFS 3.

Oh.. how time flies. That time that car was new- Now it is almost a classic.

I would keep that car pristine and get a cheap c5 z06 for mods. There are quite a few C5 z06's for less than 20k on the corvette forum. With such a low odo stock & pristine cars would appreciate in money.

Still, Just wondering, 5k more and you would have got a new C6 (left over stock)??
Jomz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 09:21   #3579
BHPian

Being a Z was the only reason I bought it since, I was really not looking to buy a car at all. As far as I could see, performance wise, only the C6Z has an advantage over C5Zs and still comes in heavier than C5Z, all this is of course, a deliberate strategy by GM. Typically, they don't allow regular 'vettes to out perform the previous model Z. Zs always gets special goodies that regular ones never does. Besides, you're not going to get a deal like this on C6Z, anyway. I'm finding out my '04 Z is a really really special car, absolutely a cracker straight from the box, with an amazing titanium exhaust that just sounds intimidating.

I've a chance here to build something to fit my interest from scratch, nothing too wild but, something close too 500 crank bhp, that's C6Z territory, for around $5000. I'm just going to enjoy the whole process.
VLOCT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2014, 00:05   #3580
Senior - BHPian

A bit late but congratulations nonetheless!! Just 167 miles?? That is just awesome!
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 01:13   #3581
BHPian

Small car with a big heart.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...175234601.html
NinadJoshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 23:58   #3582
BHPian

I have a OT kind of question:

I wan't to stick a Ganpati idol in my car on the Dash and I found a tiny spot where I could squeeze that in. I want to know how can I do that without damaging the dash of the car (with a glue?) My previous Car had the same idol (stickied with Krazzy Glue) and It ripped some part of my dash off. I want to make sure it is not a problem in a re-sell.

Pic Link

I am a bit superstitious and believe that it protects my car from External forces.

Btw: in 3 months, I had someone rear-end me,Rock chip on windshield and a sensor failure, which never happened in the the other car.
Old 1st March 2014, 00:27   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
I want to know how can I do that without damaging the dash of the car (with a glue?)
Have you thought about anti-slip dashboard mat?

Here's one in Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/RADAR-DETECTOR...=dashboard+pad

-- Jose
Old 1st March 2014, 03:17   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
I have a OT kind of question:

I wan't to stick a Ganpati idol in my car on the Dash and I found a tiny spot where I could squeeze that in. I want to know how can I do that without damaging the dash of the car (with a glue?) My previous Car had the same idol (stickied with Krazzy Glue) and It ripped some part of my dash off. I want to make sure it is not a problem in a re-sell.

Pic Link

I am a bit superstitious and believe that it protects my car from External forces.

Btw: in 3 months, I had someone rear-end me,Rock chip on windshield and a sensor failure, which never happened in the the other car.
Use 3M Command strips. I have used them on the walls of my rental apartment and they come off with no residue. They work on plastic as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Mounti.../dp/B000FCGS5Y

http://lifehacker.com/5833462/mount-...-command-strip

tanstaafl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 04:01   #3585
BHPian

Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America

I use sticky tack. It's like sticky clay and comes off with no residue or marks. You can get it at staples or Office Depot
http://m.staples.com/touch/class.html?#term=sticky+tack

Last edited by Raj1008 : 1st March 2014 at 04:15.
Raj1008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks