Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 23:59   #1696
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I am excited to see what new is in store. From the looks of it, the interior and engine will redefine performance in this segment.

Did you recently check motortrend? ZR1 which ends its production this year was all over the new Viper GTS. It makes for a great comparo. Do check it out.
Yes I did. I guess the new Corvette will go one better. While they have addressed a lot of the Viper's past shortcomings (it was a real snake that will bite back), it still is a little too outrageous for me. I mean, they just left it to be outrageous. The GM V8, I expect it to be better and lighter. If they improve the interiors and keep the price levels to what they used to be, I'm looking at 30k used Corvettes in 2016! !
Old 11th January 2013, 01:00   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Just 3 days to go for the ultimate C7 reveal. I can't wait. Can you??
Yep Yep Yep

Infact was just seeing the teaser vid(4th of the teaser series) put up in autoblog earlier today.

Old 11th January 2013, 01:21   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Whatever it is, i hope the C7 is not THIS

I hope the pics in the video are photoshopped.
Old 11th January 2013, 01:58   #1699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Yes I did. I guess the new Corvette will go one better. While they have addressed a lot of the Viper's past shortcomings (it was a real snake that will bite back), it still is a little too outrageous for me. I mean, they just left it to be outrageous. The GM V8, I expect it to be better and lighter. If they improve the interiors and keep the price levels to what they used to be, I'm looking at 30k used Corvettes in 2016! !
I am pretty sure its gonna redefine the Corvette's heritage just like other generations did.

I haven't driven a Viper yet but from what i read and saw, it is not easy to tame it. I would love to drive one to see how good/bad it is compared to c6.

The new LT1 engine by GM is indeed lighter. The main thing is, performance specs are still hidden and i do hope it has a substantial power increase compared to current c6.

For the pricing, most dealers are expecting $54k as base pricing. Currently, its at $48k level. I think for a year or two, lots of dealer premium will be included on top of the MSRP making it cross $60k easily. Even today, if you go to a Chevy dealership, you will find dealer markup upto $10k on most corvettes.

I will wait till 2017 and then trade-in my c6 for a pre-owned c7. I am sure with the launch of C7Z and ZR1, many will let go of their coupes and upgrade.

The values of C6 ZR1 and C6 Z06 will appreciate till new one comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Yep Yep Yep

Infact was just seeing the teaser vid(4th of the teaser series) put up in autoblog earlier today.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ju55HboyK8M
The teasers are soooo good. This is the fourth teaser. Did you see the previous ones? They show digital gauges and interior. The seats looks awesome. In one of the leaked photos, there is also information center for performance on track. Very cool. The navigation system looks similar too Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=XyyRQB8FOqo

Some of the pics shown are from a leaked patent document and chances are it indeed is C7. It was in Corvette Forum and on jalopnik.

The good thing is GM has been so secretive about this launch that they haven't even disclosed the location in Detroit. Truly one of the best examples of how to hide from media and public.
Old 11th January 2013, 09:24   #1700
Senior - BHPian

One more observation w.r.t leases - if your visa is valid around 3 years (usual for H1B), it is good to get the lease immediately. They give a lot of importance to the visa validity date and don't like to go beyond the validity date, and don't like to do less than 3 year leases.

Two of my friends who came from india a couple of weeks back went for leases and got it immediately (a Passat and a GTI). But when I enquired (I'm halfway through my 3 years) I was refused.
Old 11th January 2013, 23:22   #1701
BHPian

Quote:
http://www.Youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=XyyRQB8FOqo

Unfortunately, I think that is the C7,

Each pictures were discussed to hell over in this section of Corvette forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...iscussion-142/

Quote:
For the pricing, most dealers are expecting $54k as base pricing. Currently, its at $48k level

48K??? Now corvette prices are down to 38k!!!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-d...-38-950-a.html

I won't be suprised If i see a new c6 'vette for 35k in a few months, after the C7 unveil.

Last edited by Jomz : 11th January 2013 at 23:25.
Old 11th January 2013, 23:29   #1702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post

Each pictures were discussed to hell over in this section of Corvette forum.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...iscussion-142/

48K??? Now corvette prices are down to 38k!!!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-d...-38-950-a.html

I won't be suprised If i see a new c6 'vette for 35k in a few months, after te C7 unveil.
The reason for this low prices is winter when sportscar have highly discounted price. And with a C7 reveal coming up soon, now a days, a base Vette is easily available at this prices in east, north east. I still haven't seen those prices in California though. Here most dealers are asking $3k-$4k less than MSRP but not less than that.

Couple of months back, there were many Corvette forum dealers who were selling base manual vette for just $35k if you were a previous corvette owner or had a current one registered under your name.

They also had 0% for 36/48/60 months offer along with this. With Jan 2013, it has changed. Now they are back to $42k levels with 1LT Manual.

The new C7 will either help increase/decrease C6 prices. But prices of c7 won't be released until near production which means till june-july, so till then c6 price will be stable.

This is a great time to get a new c6 in garage if manual is all you want. Automatics still command higher price than normal even though it is just $1250 more.
Old 11th January 2013, 23:38   #1703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I dont think I can appreciate Camaro taillights on a Corvette. And i am not even a Corvette aficionado!!
Old 11th January 2013, 23:49   #1704
BHPian

Quote:

I dont think I can appreciate Camaro taillights on a Corvette. And i am not even a Corvette aficionado!!
Almost everybody on the corvette forum has the same opinion as you. That will be one reason if C6 prices go up after the reveal.

There are some rumours that it will be a 2+2 seater. If so, that will be the 2nd reason.
Old 12th January 2013, 00:52   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I do hope it looks good in real life. I don't like the rear end but it does seem to be influenced from Stingray concept featured in Transformers.

I love the round lights but i wouldn't mind a slight change in lights if they look super good with LEDs and stuff.

Quote:
There are some rumours that it will be a 2+2 seater. If so, that will be the 2nd reason.
I seriously hope not. I am pretty sure its gonna be 2 seater because they have 2+2 already covered with camaro ZL1. If hope the rumor is not true. Can't wait for Sunday reveal. Its gonna be a long weekend with a hope of an excellent, mind blowing climax with the C7 reveal.
Old 12th January 2013, 01:15   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Just 3 days to go for the ultimate C7 reveal. I can't wait. Can you??
Did anybody notice that, there is a camoed C7 for gameplay In Grand tourismo now??

Hope the camo of the GT5 model also falls off on 01/13
Old 12th January 2013, 03:18   #1707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did anybody notice that, there is a camoed C7 for gameplay In Grand tourismo now??

Hope the camo of the GT5 model also falls off on 01/13
Yes, i have it. Love getting virtual feel of c7.
Old 12th January 2013, 04:09   #1708
Senior - BHPian

This image is the closest to C7. Looks like finally it is leaked. Reportedly directly from marketing material. Looks very very close to production version.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ew-photog.html
Attached Thumbnails
Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-c7.jpg  

Old 12th January 2013, 04:26   #1709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This image is the closest to C7. Looks like finally it is leaked. Reportedly directly from marketing material. Looks very very close to production version.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ew-photog.html
The signature Chevy tail lamp style (also in Camaro and Malibu) can be seen in here. Isn't that what a lot of people were hoping did not happen? I'm more curious to know what's under the hood. Looks are secondary in my book!
Old 12th January 2013, 04:32   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
The signature Chevy tail lamp style (also in Camaro and Malibu) can be seen in here. Isn't that what a lot of people were hoping did not happen? I'm more curious to know what's under the hood. Looks are secondary in my book!
Just for sake of a comparison, here are all 3 tail lights together (C7, Camaro and malibu).

I have to stay, the stance and the rear end is as shown, it will turn lots of people into C7 fans even though it will resemble camaro and malibu.

The LT1 Engine has already been unveiled and from the initial specs it looks pretty good.

One also has to remember that when C6 was revealed replacing the C5, there was lots of negative comments about c6 because it got rid of the pop-up headlights and integrated into body. Also, the tail lights went to perfect round from oval shaped tail lights of C5. So i expect lots of criticism for C7 but eventually it will be a class design that everyone will grow up to love. YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-c7.jpg  

Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-camarorear.jpg  

Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America-malibu-rear-end.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks