Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2012, 03:12   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying, Owning, Driving and Maintaining a car in North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomz View Post
I might be In Indianapolis Itself. Our testing facility is shut down from 21 Dec to 1 st Jan.

If it gets too boring, I might pack up and drive to TX, FL , New Orleans etc.

If somebody droves by Indianapolis, Feel free for a quick pit stop with some coffee.
I have my final exam this weekend I might be able to finish up early and head home. I could stop in Indianapolis if you are free this Saturday (between 3 and 6 PM I suppose. I go to Purdue university from Cincinnati).
Old 4th December 2012, 16:47   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I have my final exam this weekend I might be able to finish up early and head home. I could stop in Indianapolis if you are free this Saturday (between 3 and 6 PM I suppose. I go to Purdue university from Cincinnati).
I should be free this sat, will confirm soon. I'm closeby I65, exit 116.
Old 5th December 2012, 19:29   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
Thanks guys for all your inputs..Finally my friend settled for a 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited version.
Handling, Spacious interiors, AWD were few deciding points. Also Subaru is running a 0.9% APR so financially also he was inclined towards Outback.
kraft.wagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 19:47   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Thanks guys for all your inputs..Finally my friend settled for a 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited version.
Handling, Spacious interiors, AWD were few deciding points. Also Subaru is running a 0.9% APR so financially also he was inclined towards Outback.
Congratulations on the car .. Post some pictures and initial impressions!
vineethvazhayil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 21:51   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on his new acquisition. Its a great piece of hardware that will bring miles of smiles.

Most companies are offering 0%-1.9% on new cars. Its buyers market for now. You demand it and you get it. End of year and cars on lot means plenty of offers.
chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 22:39   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the car .. Post some pictures and initial impressions!
Sure, I will be meeting my friend around Holidays, will try to get some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Congrats on his new acquisition. Its a great piece of hardware that will bring miles of smiles.

Most companies are offering 0%-1.9% on new cars. Its buyers market for now. You demand it and you get it. End of year and cars on lot means plenty of offers.
Yep, apparently my the dealer said if credit score is over 700, he can get 0.9%. But he later realized, the dealer meant Auto Credit Score or some other score, which was less than 700 on my pals account. But still they agreed to give him at the 0.9% with proof of employment.

I don't understand the whole concept of credit scores, so may be I'm wrong in my above statement but my friend told something like this.

Last edited by kraft.wagen : 5th December 2012 at 22:40.
Old 6th December 2012, 00:15   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand the whole concept of credit scores, so may be I'm wrong in my above statement but my friend told something like this.
I believe the lending agencies have composite numbers built based on credit scores and other factors. The credit score is just one of the inputs into that number. But you sure have a good deal on the 0.9% financing. Did they give you any discounts on the sale price also?
Old 6th December 2012, 00:22   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
I believe the lending agencies have composite numbers built based on credit scores and other factors. The credit score is just one of the inputs into that number. But you sure have a good deal on the 0.9% financing. Did they give you any discounts on the sale price also?
He got it for $30k OTD, I'm thinking not much of discounts may be a grand max. I would have preferred the Premium version though which is 5k lesser, but I guess no HK audio or leather seats

Last edited by kraft.wagen : 6th December 2012 at 00:26.
Old 6th December 2012, 01:14   #1539
BHPian

@kraft,

Congrats to your friend on his purchase. For that kind of money, I wish he got the 6 cylinder. The car should serve him well. They're pretty robust from what I've read about them.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 01:25   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on that purchase. Japanese realiablity with AWD. Awesome combo
Jomz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 03:15   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLOCT View Post
@kraft,

Congrats to your friend on his purchase. For that kind of money, I wish he got the 6 cylinder. The car should serve him well. They're pretty robust from what I've read about them.
Yes very true, for that budget I would have preferred to choose a new Highlander or used 3 Series and a bunch of interesting choices we decided.
Old 7th December 2012, 23:06   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I should be at Home, You wanna meet at home or meet at a public place like "Indianapolis Motor Speedway museum" or so??

Will PM you the contact details and my home address
Old 8th December 2012, 01:50   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here has any kind of experience with handheld tuners? Like Diablo's Predator or the new Trinity?
The tunes are out now for 2011+ Mopar models and i am wondering whether its worth it to go for Trinity. The 93Octane tune seems to be getting good reviews.
Old 8th December 2012, 19:26   #1544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Anyone here has any kind of experience with handheld tuners? Like Diablo's Predator or the new Trinity?
The tunes are out now for 2011+ Mopar models and i am wondering whether its worth it to go for Trinity. The 93Octane tune seems to be getting good reviews.
The only hand-held tuner I know works well is the one from COBB and some piggyback tunes like PROcede & JB from Vishnu & Burger respectively, but they don't make anything for Chrysler vehicles.

Your best bet in this regard is to consult Dodge forums.

Or you can go majorly over the top and consult Hennessey.
aah78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 19:42   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
The only hand-held tuner I know works well is the one from COBB and some piggyback tunes like PROcede & JB from Vishnu & Burger respectively, but they don't make anything for Chrysler vehicles.

Your best bet in this regard is to consult Dodge forums.

Or you can go majorly over the top and consult Hennessey.
LOL. Those Hennessey guys are crazy. Besides, in this north eastern corner of the country, going to any performance house, be it Hennessey or Arrington, will take a lottt of time, planning and moolah. And i have none.

As for the forums, there are tons of them out there! There is a dodgeforum, there is a chargerforums, lxforums, dodgetalk and what not! What I have been able to gather so far is that the most popular tuner right now is Trinity from Diablosport, specially for 2011+ Charger models. Its 93Octane tune gives a straight 15 bhp gain and a torque gain of 20.
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...arch#trinity1_

So, right now I am eyeing this piece. Lets see...
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed