Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 10:55   #4021
BHPian

Id 895

It's becoming apparently clear to me now why no one rushes to place another car on this thread. The massive flogging is enough to drive the mortal male to a knitting thread.
However, I am in the car business, so you can't insult me.
Now then let's carry on. Perhaps this one will ruffle less of the goose down.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-bhp119.jpg  

Old 8th September 2010, 14:30   #4022
BHPian

Looks like ID:895 is a Simca 8 Sport – probably a 1951, as the script you obscured says ‘1200’ and the 1100cc engine was replaced with a 1221cc equivalent in that very year. The model itself was introduced in 1949, and while a convertible version was also available, this coupé incarnation – with its handsome aluminum bodywork crafted by Facel Métallon under license from Pininfarina (Michelotti is usually credited as the designer) – is perhaps more noteworthy.

The rims look confusingly American though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCarConsulting View Post
It's becoming apparently clear to me now why no one rushes to place another car on this thread. The massive flogging is enough to drive the mortal male to a knitting thread.
I think we’re just running out of ultra-rare (yet non-generic-looking) models eligible for this thread. I’m toying with the idea of going back to its roots and posting a certain interesting cropjob though.

Last edited by Double Mac : 8th September 2010 at 14:35.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:30   #4023
BHPian

ID 895

You are correct sir!

Cropjobs, I don't know, that could really cause some flogging.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:13   #4024
BHPian

The shamelessly cropped ID:896

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyCarConsulting View Post
Cropjobs, I don't know, that could really cause some flogging.
Well, I guess I’ll just have to take that risk and see what happens. (The thread’s rules don’t seem to mention anything about cropjobs and the crop in question is quite generous.)

More importantly though, as you will soon find out, introducing ID:896 in its full glory (and, trust me, it is an incredibly attractive-looking car) wouldn’t make for much of a puzzle:

Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-bhp013.jpg
Old 8th September 2010, 22:50   #4025
Senior - BHPian

The shamelessly identified ID 896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Mac View Post
Well, I guess I’ll just have to take that risk and see what happens. (The thread’s rules don’t seem to mention anything about cropjobs and the crop in question is quite generous.)

More importantly though, as you will soon find out, introducing ID:896 in its full glory (and, trust me, it is an incredibly attractive-looking car) wouldn’t make for much of a puzzle:
Well the silhouette instantly identifies ID 896 to be a series 1 Aston Martin Lagonda saloon, only seven of which were ever built.

Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-bhp013.jpg

The car in the pic is Chassis no 2, considered to be the most original of the seven cars.

Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-aston-martin-lagonda-saloon-series-1.jpg
Old 8th September 2010, 23:09   #4026
BHPian

As I predicted, the puzzle would be solved soon enough. ‘Shamelessly identified’ indeed!

It might also be worth mentioning that those were made between 1974-76 and preceded by a 1969 prototype (MP230). Additionally (and unsurprisingly), the full name often includes the term ‘V8’.

In any case, that’s got to be one of the most beautiful saloons I’ve seen – it seems to have just the right amount of sophistication, beauty and aggression, as far as I’m concerned. And, design-wise, it’s quite a subtle take on the original DBS which, given the results, can’t be a bad thing.

Too bad they just don't make them like that anymore.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:56   #4027
Senior - BHPian

Id 897

Posting after a long time in this thread. I guess it a easy one for Gurus here.

ID : 897
Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-what.jpg
Old 9th September 2010, 22:58   #4028
BHPian

ID:897 appears to be a 1950 Glasspar G2.
Old 9th September 2010, 23:22   #4029
Senior - BHPian

The shamelessly commented post

Going by the way this thread has been running ever since the esteemed gentlemen, Double Mac and CycarConsulting joined in, here are 2 renaming suggestions for this thread. People who've been following this thread for the last few months will be better able to appreciate the joke, me thinks!

1. Official Guess the car (quick, before Double Mac logs in, he'll guess it anyway) thread.

2. Unofficial DM & CCC - Tu meri khuja main teri khujaoon (you scratch mine I'll scratch yours) thread

Jokes apart, here's ID 898. Double Mac, all yours:

Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-yehkaunhai3.jpg
Old 9th September 2010, 23:26   #4030
BHPian

Id 899

Pic taken in dubai. I am not remembering the name of this car. Couldn't get where to post hence posting it here. Mods please move to appropriate thread if required.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-saima-sait-copy2_001.jpg  

Old 9th September 2010, 23:47   #4031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
2. Unofficial DM & CCC - Tu meri khuja main teri khujaoon (you scratch mine I'll scratch yours) thread
Oh, come on, I only defended a point that I found worth defending. Since I never had a problem with CCC’s ‘modified’ entries, I never felt the urge to complain about them. His occasional one-offs, however, can be certainly controversial in that they are misleading (I was completely clueless with regard to his Bond Equipe lookalike – can’t even recall the name of the damn thing at the moment – remember?)

Oh yeah… ID:898 is a Ford Comète Monte Carlo (or ‘Monte-Carlo’?) made between 1953-54 with (I’m alluding to CCC’s recent Simca 8 Sport entry) another body by Facel.

Last edited by Double Mac : 9th September 2010 at 23:53. Reason: Questionable grammar
Old 10th September 2010, 00:23   #4032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Mac View Post
ID:897 appears to be a 1950 Glasspar G2.
Bingo!! 1952 to be precise.
Old 10th September 2010, 11:32   #4033
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Id:899

What is this station wagon? Year, Model and Make.

Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-whatsmynameid899.jpg
Old 10th September 2010, 11:56   #4034
Team-BHP Support

1968-1972 - Vauxhall Victor FD estate - forerunner of the Contessa, An uncle of mine had a saloon version. I remember the bench seat
Old 10th September 2010, 17:36   #4035
Ram
Senior - BHPian

ID:899 Vauxhall Ventora FD/Victor 3300 estate

ajmat, Vauxhall Victor FDs were 1.6L & 2L 4-cylinder saloons. They had a plain grille as in the pic below. They also had a 3-speed manual gearbox.

Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-vauxhallvictorfdestate.jpg

Official Guess the car Thread (Please see rules on first page!)-zeenatamanvauxhallvictorfdestate.jpg

The 6-cylinder sedans were called Ventora. They had the mouth-organ grille as in the pic below.

This estate with the mouth-organ grille has the 3294 cc six-cylinder 140 bhp engine. It had a 4-speed manual gearbox as standard, with an optional GM Powerglide automatic available as an option.

Also see the styled steel wheels as opposed to the plain rims and simple hubcaps.

Last edited by Ram : 10th September 2010 at 17:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks