Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2024, 13:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW M5 Touring unveiled; A 727 BHP V8-powered family station wagon

BMW has taken the wraps off the new M5 Touring - the station wagon iteration of the latest generation BMW M5.

BMW M5 Touring unveiled; A 727 BHP V8-powered family station wagon-bmwm5touring-1.jpg

The new BMW M5 Touring is the third iteration of the M5 Wagon and the first in over a decade, with the previous model being the E61 generation from 2010. The M5 super-estate was unveiled at ongoing Monterey Car Week in California, USA.

BMW M5 Touring unveiled; A 727 BHP V8-powered family station wagon-bmwm5touring-2.jpg

The new BMW M5 Touring is based on the latest M5 sedan, but features subtle differences. This includes a raked roofline, inflated wheel arches and slightly larger proportions. Inside though, the M5 Touring is identical to the standard M5, albeit the additional space behind the back seats. The M5 Touring boasts 1,630 litres of max luggage space when the rear seats are folded down.

BMW M5 Touring unveiled; A 727 BHP V8-powered family station wagon-bmwm5touring-3.jpg

Like the BMW M5 sedan, the Touring version is heavy, tipping the scale at around 2.5 tonnes. The station wagon comes powered by a V8 plug-in hybrid powertrain producing 727 BHP and 1000 Nm. BMW claims that like its sedan sibling, the M5 Touring is also capable of sprinting from 0-100 km/h in 3.6 seconds and reaching a top speed of 304 km/h. It also has an EV-only driving range of 68 km.

BMW M5 Touring unveiled; A 727 BHP V8-powered family station wagon-bmwm5touring-4.jpg

The BMW M5 Touring takes on direct rivals like the Audi RS6 Avant and the Mercedes-AMG C63 S E Performance.

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 15:04   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW M5 Touring unveiled; A 727 BHP V8-powered family station wagon

Yes, it will be fast, fuel efficient, handle well and have less tailpipe emissions.

But I just can't wrap my head around a tidbit that I read somewhere.

The BMW M5 wagon is heavier than a GMC Yukon!!! Or just 100kg lighter than a full blown Suburban!!!
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 15:43   #3
BHPian

Looks mean, I love it ��

Frankly the current proportions, headlights, and the flat grill are more suited to a more Butch look, such as on an estate or SUV.

Looks more handsome than the standard 5L Sedan.
Nucliomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 16:30   #4
BHPian

This looks significantly better than the sedan.

I finally saw the sedan on the streets today. While it was imposing and striking, it looked like a combination of shapes that did not go together. This touring version has lines that actually flow from front to back without the extremely awkward angle of the rear windshield (see below).

BMW M5 Touring unveiled; A 727 BHP V8-powered family station wagon-images.jpg

P.S. It also appears that they have figured out how to minimise the bulbous-ness with the perfect camera angles and body colour

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks