Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2024, 12:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market

According to media reports, Mitsubishi is said to be working on a "revival of the Pajero". The rumours have been circulating for a while after a silhouette image of an off-road SUV was revealed by Mitsubishi Motors North America in their 5-year business plan "Momentum 2030".

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-pajerosilhouette.jpg

Although reports are scarce, reports do suggest that the all-new Pajero will come in the form of a luxury SUV, in line with Mitsubishi's vision for the future. The SUV will also most definitely feature an electrified powertrain, although it remains to be seen if this is in the form of a mild-hybrid, plug-in hybrid or pure battery EV.

The new Pajero will, reportedly, be a full-fledged SUV offering a high-quality ride, high practicality, a luxurious feel inside and packed with all the latest tech Mitsubishi can offer. The SUV will also use the brand's four-wheel drive technology, making it a capable off-roader as well.

The reports also mention a Pajero Sport. This model will be positioned below the full-fledged Pajero and could be based on the same platform as the latest Mitsubishi Triton.

Source: BestCarWeb

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 30th July 2024 at 12:41.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 12:39   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
re: Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market

This is great news, we had a Pajero in Muscat back in 2014, it was one hell of a car, sad that the nameplate is no longer in the offering but excited to see its new avatar!
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 13:03   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
re: Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market

Pajero Name has some serious legacy and has strong brand equity across regions / cultures. Mitsubushi was not able to capitalize on Pajero over the last decade. In the Indian context, it was one of the most power projecting brand (specially for 90s kids), and given the state of auto sector in India, Mitsubushi has opportunity to rectify its previous mistake (HM Fiasco) and take on the fortuner segment

Last edited by Asoon : 30th July 2024 at 13:05.
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 14:15   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market

Hope they don't do an Eclipse on the Pajero brand.

Looks like this will share its platform and engines with the next gen Nissan Patrol.

With the latest gen Triton launched last year, the next gen Pajero Sport should come soon.
DicKy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2024, 15:10   #5

I don’t think Mitsubishi is coming back to India. Even international they are in debt. Investing here doesn’t make sense. Anyways I picked up my friend’s PS which wasn’t used much and was always serviced at SVR authorised SVC. Even though I know few garages who service Mitsubishi but still I give it to SVR to continue the history. It is still exclusive compared to hyped Fortuner and will stay in future also.

Anyway I’m using the PS the way it should. I had taken it to a nearby stone quarry near small town called Kagglipura. We went all the way up in 4H and in between I had to use 4HL a bit because of heavy boulders. I was a wonderful experience. It was a cake walk for PS. Me, my wife, my toddler and a friend spent some time together and descended down. I used 4H and it was easy peasy.

On the way back we stopped at MTR for breakfast and I relished masala dosa and puri. I met a BHPian Chirag.t who recognised me by LTD sticker and team bhp shirt. Later when I saw myself on the mirror I realised the shirt I was wearing It was great meeting you Chirag.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-img_4673.jpeg  

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-img_4675.jpeg  

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-img_4674.jpeg  

the.shivaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 13:00   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

First spy shots of the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-20240903_newpajerosport.jpg

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-10796577.jpg

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-10796579.jpg

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-10796580.jpg

Rumour: Mitsubishi Pajero could make a comeback in the SUV market-10796581.jpg

Link:
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2024, 15:17   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
First spy shots of the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport!
Looks too much like the existing Pajero Sport. Especially that swooping D pillar.

Either some very good camouflaging or they are heavily facelifting the existing one. Though have to say the front end is exactly how the new L200 is.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks