Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2024, 15:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kia Seltos hybrid coming with next-gen model; Debut expected in late 2025

According to a media report, Kia is said to be planning the next-generation iteration of the Seltos SUV. The next-generation Kia Seltos is expected to arrive sometime next year and will feature a petrol-electric hybrid powertrain.

The reports go on to suggest that the Kia Seltos hybrid could borrow the powertrain from Hyundai's Kona Hybrid SUV. The new-generation Seltos will reportedly enter production in August 2025 and arrive at showrooms in its home country by the end of next year.

Kia Seltos hybrid coming with next-gen model; Debut expected in late 2025-seltos.jpg

The upcoming Seltos could be powered by a 1.6-litre hybrid unit, with an optional 'electronic' all-wheel drive via an electric motor driving the rear wheels. In the Kona Hybrid, the 1.6-litre NA 4-cylinder engine is paired with a 32 kW electric motor, developing combined power figures of 140 BHP and 265 Nm. The hybrid unit will be mated to a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.

The hybrid unit will be offered alongside the standard ICE-only Seltos trims. The Seltos Hybrid is part of Kia's plans to introduce nine hybrid models by 2028, as demand for pure-EVs wavers.

Kia is yet to officially announce details for next-gen Seltos.

Source: ETNews

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 8th July 2024 at 15:09.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 17:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Kia Seltos hybrid coming with next-gen model; Debut expected in late 2025

Hybrid is the way forward. Good to see them banking on this rather than EVs, especially for India.

However, the power figures do seem somewhat lower. On the flip side if the EV only range is anywhere close to 30 KMs, I would be very happy.
07CR is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2024, 17:38   #3
BHPian

Great news! And coincidentally on the same day as we read this thread on tbhp

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ybrids-up.html (No road tax for hybrids in UP?)

No road tax on hybrids in Uttar Pradesh
Old 20th July 2024, 16:28   #4
BHPian

If this happens it would be a great upgrade to my current Seltos. One of the only complaints I have with my Seltos IVT is the poor mileage. A hybrid would be a massive boon for my mostly city usage.

Only thing that scares me is given current pricing for the Seltos. The higher trims already cross 25L on road. I fear this hybrid drivetrain could push it uncomfortably close to 30L. That would be a big pill to swallow for this segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks