Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2024, 14:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled

Volkswagen is all set to unveil its all-new Tayron SUV sometime later this year. The new Volkswagen Tayron will replace the 7-seater Tiguan (called Tiguan AllSpace in certain markets). Now, the 7-seater SUV has been spied without camouflage ahead of its global unveil.

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-vwtayronspy1.jpg

The uncamouflaged Tayron was seen testing at the Nurburgring. The images also reveal that the Tayron will carry forward a design similar to the previous-gen Tiguan, albeit with a slightly different front bumper featuring massive air intakes on either end. The front grille will be more sportier, but the headlights look nearly identical to its smaller 5-seater sibling. The VW Tayron will also share the same underpinnings as the Tiguan - both of them using the MQB EVO platform. This platform also underpins its cousin, the Skoda Kodiaq. Reports suggest that the VW Tayron will measure over 4.7 metres in length and have a longer wheelbase than the Tiguan to help accommodate the third row of seats.

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-vwtayronspy2.jpg

Inside, the Tayron will come with Volkswagen's new 15-inch central touchscreen from the ID.7. It will also come with a digital instrument cluster, touch-sensitive controls on the dash and steering wheel and plenty of other physical buttons for some of its other features & tech as well.

In terms of powertrain, expect the Volkswagen Tayron to get a choice of mild-hybrid petrol & TDI diesel units and two plug-in hybrid options.

Source: AutoExpress

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 12th April 2024 at 14:38.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 16:07   #2
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled

I don't understand why car companies take ordinary cars to the Nurburgring. I know that sports cars need to get all the fine-tuning they can, and race tracks are the best place to do that.

Good.

But SUVs? Wagons? How many owners are going to take a 7-seater to a racetrack? And more importantly, why do companies do this?
Old 12th April 2024, 18:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyardHunter View Post
I don't understand why car companies take ordinary cars to the Nurburgring. I know that sports cars need to get all the fine-tuning they can, and race tracks are the best place to do that.

Good.

But SUVs? Wagons? How many owners are going to take a 7-seater to a racetrack? And more importantly, why do companies do this?
These models are for global markets and not just specific for one country or geography. VW's viz-a-viz German brands are known for their handling and performance. So the best place to test both are the tracks where cornering at high speeds, 20-40, 40-100, 60-150, 100-0, body roll, brake perfromance can be tested without any hindrance or obstacle.
So I guess that's the idea to test this model. I don't think every other 7 seater or wagon from every brand is tested here. I assume only those models that have their handling and performance as their DNA are tested.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 12:47   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Would have been a good-looking SUV without that gaping fish mouth grill and the unusual curved 'line' above the rear wheel-well.

Anyway, i hope VW at least gets it to India instead of launching one more feasibility study about it.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 13:22   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyardHunter View Post

Good.

Here's an intresting video made by Fifth Gear talking about it.

They speak about testing on the Nurburgring specifically around 04:00.
F138 V8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 10:02   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Would have been a good-looking SUV without that gaping fish mouth grill and the unusual curved 'line' above the rear wheel-well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Agreed, that fish mouth sort of looks like the Kia Carens !! The VW Atlas had a better front design that sort of gelled well with the overall family look.

That said, the rest of the car does look nice.
Old 15th April 2024, 11:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
the Tayron will carry forward a design similar to the previous-gen Tiguan, albeit with a slightly different front bumper featuring massive air intakes on either end.
I believe this is just clever camouflage. They have just pasted on the current gen grill, tail lamps, rear lower bumper, some skirts, etc to disguise the car.
It will in all likelihood look exactly like the new Tiguan, albeit a bit stretched (like the old Allspace was, vs the normal Tiguan).
one-77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 13:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I believe this is just clever camouflage.
If so, then that is good news indeed. Let us wait and see !
Old 26th April 2024, 12:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Tayron SUV unveiled at Beijing Motor Show

Volkswagen has taken the wraps off its new Tayron SUV. The new Volkswagen Tayron is essentially a 7-seater version of the latest-gen Tiguan revealed in September 2023.

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-vwtayron1.jpg

The new Tayron carries forward many elements from the 5-seater Tiguan, including the rounded-off styling. Starting with the front, the Tayron gets an aggressive-looking front bumper with a contrasting black finish. It also comes with flared wheel arches, a well-sculpted tailgate, wrap-around LED taillights connected by an LED light bar and a blacked-out rear bumper.

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-vwtayron2.jpg

The Volkswagen Tayron SUV measures 4,735 mm in length, 1,859 mm in width and 1,682 mm in height. For reference, this is 197 mm longer, 17 mm wider and 43 mm taller than the 5-seater Tiguan. The Tayron also has a 111 mm longer wheelbase than its 5-seater sibling.

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-vwtayron4.jpg

Inside, the Volkswagen Tayron is identical to the Tiguan. The SUV comes with three screens: a digital instrument cluster, a main touchscreen infotainment unit and a separate display for the front passenger. The car also features backlit physical buttons and switches to control the various functions in the cabin. Other features include wireless charging, 10-point massage seats with heating & ventilation, a 360-degree camera, dual-zone climate control, a head-up display and an ADAS suite; to name a few.

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-vwtayron3.jpg

Globally, the Volkswagen Tayron will be available in multiple powertrain options, including petrol, diesel and plug-in hybrid.

The Volkswagen Tayron could make its way to India as well. The India-spec Tayron will get a single engine option - a 2.0-litre TSI unit producing 184 BHP and 320 Nm, paired with a 7-speed DSG gearbox as standard.

Reports also suggest that the Volkswagen Tayron will be assembled in India via CKD kits from 2025. Once launched, it will take on the likes of the Skoda Kodiaq & Jeep Meridian.

Source: AutoHome
RahulNagaraj is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 10:43   #10
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled

If this car comes to India, I hope it is not called Tiguan "L pro" or "allspace" and that it is actually called Tayron.

I have a bone to pick with VW. I feel "Tiguan" is a bit of a branding disaster in India as it is often confused with "Taigun".

You cannot build a unique identity of your global brand by sneaking in a similar name for your local watered down product (although Taigun is a great car and I love it).

VW should have chosen a different name for the new car instead of calling it Taigun when they knew they want to sustain the Tiguan moniker in India.

I know naming /branding is not a big factor, but somewhere it plays out. At least, on my mind it does.
attrip2008 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2024, 11:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
I believe this is just clever camouflage. They have just pasted on the current gen grill, tail lamps, rear lower bumper, some skirts, etc to disguise the car.
Okay so this is not camouflage then. They have indeed retained that ugly fish mouth grill ! The rest of the car looks good though. In India, they might replace that white interior with a more sombre palette. It will be interesting to see how this one will compete against the updated Skoda Kodiaq.
SithDefender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 11:24   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Tayron: the 7-seat version of the Tiguan!

The SUV shown at the Beijing Motor Show will be national and will have hybrid versions in 2027.

Quote:
Volkswagen is preparing a successor to the Tiguan for Brazil. Called the Tiguan L Pro in China, the seven-seater SUV is expected to launch here in 2027 under the name Tayron.

Starting with the dimensions, there are 2.79 meters of wheelbase (the same number as the Tiguan currently sold in Brazil), 4.73 m long (equal), 1.85 m wide (-1 cm) and 1.68 m high (-1 cm). The five-seater version, exhibited at the event, has a trunk capacity of 471 liters.

On the side, the wheels can vary between 17 and 20 inches and have a five-rod design. The rear, on the other hand, has an illuminated bar that turns on the taillights. In this case, even the VW symbol is illuminated. In addition, diamonds appear on the bumper.

Inside, the look is totally minimalist, just like the new Chinese models. The buttons (even the air conditioning) have been removed and everything is controlled by the multimedia center, which can be 12.9 or 15 inches, depending on the version. And there's yet another screen for the passenger.

In China, the Tiguan L Pro can be equipped with a 2.0-liter turbocharged gasoline or 2.0-liter turbodiesel engine. Both are aided by a 48-volt mild hybrid system, with front- or all-wheel drive options.

However, the configuration that should arrive in Brazil is plug-in hybrid (PHEV). In this case, the set is formed by the 1.5 TSI Evo2 engine (which will be flex in Brazil) and another electric to generate up to 272 hp of combined power. It is also combined with the well-known DSG transmission, an automated dual-clutch gearbox with six speeds.
Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-screenshot-20240430-111756.png

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-screenshot-20240430-111811.png

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-screenshot-20240430-111739.png

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-screenshot-20240430-111657.png

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-screenshot-20240430-111723.png

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-screenshot-20240430-111831.png

Volkswagen Tayron (7-seater Tiguan) unveiled-screenshot-20240430-111632.png

Link:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks