Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2024, 14:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW recalls 79,670 cars in the USA over potential brake failure; Including Rolls-Royce Spectre

According to documents with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), BMW is recalling close to 80,000 of its models over a potential issue with their braking system.

As per the NHTSA documents, BMW's integrated brake system "may not function according to specifications", which translates to drivers either experiencing increased brake distance or even a potential loss of vehicle control - leading to a high risk of a crash.

BMW recalls 79,670 cars in the USA over potential brake failure; Including Rolls-Royce Spectre-x1.jpg

BMW has stated that a warning light or message will pop up on the instrument cluster in case of a problem with the car's braking system. Reports though did clarify that the mechanical or emergency brakes aren't affected. This means that in case of a malfunction, the emergency brakes would still automatically activate.

The vehicles affected by the recall include the BMW X1, X5, X6, X7, XM, 530i, 740i, 760i and even the Rolls-Royce Spectre. Of these, the BMW X1, X5 and X7 are the worst affected, with 14,679 units, 20,401 units and 29,578 units, respectively.

Source: Car&Driver

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks