Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2024, 12:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14

LEGO has revealed a range of motorsport-inspired products. The new range of products includes two Speed Champion sets in partnership with McLaren Racing and BMW, two LEGO Technic cars from the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula 1 team, one LEGO Icons car from McLaren & Senna brand and two racing cars from LEGO City.

Starting with the BMW cars, LEGO will offer a BMW M4 GT3 and a BMW M Hybrid V8 race car and will include minifigure drivers. Both BMW sets will be priced at $44.99, with each of them consisting of 676 pieces.

LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14-lego3.jpg

Coming to the Formula 1 cars, LEGO will offer the 2023 McLaren F1 race car with the iconic black & papaya orange livery. This model will be made up of 245 pieces, will be 7 inches long and be priced at $26.99. Another F1 car will be the Mercedes-AMG W14 E Performance - offered in two versions. The first is a small 9.5-inch, 240 pieces, pull-back version for younger kids, priced at $26.99. The second is the Technic Line 1:8 scale LEGO model with authentic livery details. The 1:8 scale model also comes with a V6 engine with moving pistons, opening wing, individual suspension, functioning steering and slick tyres. This model consists of 1,642 pieces, retails at $219.99 and is 25 inches in length.

LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14-lego2.jpg

For the younger fans aged 4 and up, LEGO offers its LEGO City sets. This includes a City Green Race Car with sporty tyres and rear spoiler, along with a driver and photographer. There will also be a City Race Car with a Carrier Truck. The transporter comes with a ramp and two minifigure drivers. The City Race Car is 4.5 inches in length, made up of 56 pieces and priced at $9.99. The City Race Car with the Carrier truck set has 328 pieces, is 6.5 inches in length and retails at $29.99.

LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14-lego1.jpg

However, the most anticipated product in LEGO's new range is the 1988 McLaren MP4/4 developed by McLaren & Senna Brand. Part of the Icons model, the MP4/4 LEGO model features a working steering, rod suspension, adjustable rear wing, slick tyres, gearshift, mirrors, a detailed V6 turbocharged engine and a display stand. The set even comes with an Ayrton Senna minifigure. The set is made up of 693 pieces, is 12.5 inches long and retails at $79.99.

All models can be pre-ordered, with LEGO launching the motorsport-inspired product range on March 1, 2024.

Source: Road&Track

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 7th February 2024 at 12:55.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 13:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14

The Mercedes AMG looks pretty cool. Should complement my McLaren. But I am getting the Senna Honda for sure. Just wish it was a proper technic model.
Old 8th February 2024, 12:52   #3

Re: LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14

I have recently got into legos especially speed champions sets and Technic sets but the problem i find is they are highly overpriced here in India.
shadowhokage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 17:09   #4
BHPian

Where can I buy the Senna McLaren from in India?
Old 8th February 2024, 20:27   #5
BHPian

Naice, just today I helped my son complete the Ferrari 812 Competizione set.
Attached Thumbnails
LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14-img_8769.jpeg  

LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14-img_8770.jpeg  

Old_Salt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 22:08   #6

Those M4 GT3 and the M Hybrid V8 look fantastic! I have been an ardent follower of the Speed Champions series of LEGO. So far, I’m able to collect sizable number of cars, 52 in total. My son meticulously maintains this section of our garage.

I have got a custom display unit specifically made to store them.

LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14-img_7653-copy.jpg

One specific model which is still elusive, is the 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 (LEGO 75895). I hope I will be able to find one good deal someday for that.

LEGO to offer racing-inspired products; Includes Senna's MP4/4 & Mercedes-AMG W14-75895.jpg

I wish the new range comes with printed bricks instead the stickers. The stickers on the older cars are pain to maintain and start to peel off after couple of years. I have tried contacting LEGO for replacement stickers but have not been successful in getting any. Alternatively, I'm planning to print them on good quality vinyl papers, but it’s very difficult find the good resolution OEM sticker image file.
hegdegana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 22:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegdegana View Post
Those M4 GT3 and the M Hybrid V8 look fantastic! I have been an ardent follower of the Speed Champions series of LEGO. So far, I’m able to collect sizable number of cars, 52 in total. My son meticulously maintains this section of our garage.

I wish the new range comes with printed bricks instead the stickers. The stickers on the older cars are pain to maintain and start to peel off after couple of years. I have tried contacting LEGO for replacement stickers but have not been successful in getting any. Alternatively, I'm planning to print them on good quality vinyl papers, but it’s very difficult find the good resolution OEM sticker image file.

Very impressive collection and display that. You can get parts from BrickLink - there are some good stores in India and build the missing model and you can get stickers too!
Mile10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks