Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2023, 15:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW 6 Series GT to be discontinued; Production comes to an end

According to a media report, the BMW 6 Series Gran Tourismo (GT) has gone out of production.

A spokesperson for the 5 & 6 Series has confirmed that production of all iterations of the 6 Series, including the Coupe, Convertible & Gran Coupe has come to an end. Going forward, the role of the model will be fulfilled by the corresponding 8 Series.

BMW 6 Series GT to be discontinued; Production comes to an end-bmw6gt.jpg

The BMW 6 Series GT was closely related to the 5 Series. It was first introduced in 2017 and received an update in 2021. However, reports stated that the model wasn't a market success, and due to the low demand, BMW decided to discontinue the product later this year. The BMW 6 Series GT will be dropped for the 2024 model year.

Reports also state that the 6 Series GT is the brand's worst-selling model with just 237 units being delivered by the end of the first half of 2023. Also, BMW is said to have sold just 509 units of the 6GT in Germany during the whole of last year.

The 6 Series GT was initially a replacement for the 5 Series Gran Tourismo and was offered with both petrol and diesel powertrains.

Source: Motor1

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 4th August 2023 at 16:02.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th August 2023, 16:53   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
re: BMW 6 Series GT to be discontinued; Production comes to an end

If it had been like the A7 / CLS, swoopy and sensuous, this would have 4 figure sales!
Two of my neighbours have it in the same colour. I wonder how quickly they will now depreciate and then be sold off?
Old 4th August 2023, 17:17   #3
BHPian

re: BMW 6 Series GT to be discontinued; Production comes to an end

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I wonder how quickly they will now depreciate and then be sold off?
I am waiting for that so eagerly. Always wanted a 6GT, its practical enough to cruise with your whole family and sporty enough to have a blast while doing it.

Gotta get the money first. The grind starts now!

Last edited by Axe77 : 6th August 2023 at 09:32. Reason: Poorly written, high speeds mentioned. Please review the rules once before proceeding further. Thank you.
M_Poweredd_ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 07:54   #4
BHPian

Re: BMW 6 Series GT to be discontinued; Production comes to an end

Aw man, it was a quality car, practical yet fun. Will have to pick a used one if I'm getting one now.
Old 24th October 2023, 09:15   #5

Looking for a BMW petrol, and wanted recommendation - does it still make sense to go ahead with 6 GT considering above news, OR compromise with 3 GL? On road prices in Delhi have reached 64 & 68 on road.

Really appreciate your thoughts.
Old 27th October 2023, 10:22   #6
BHPian

I checked with a dealer in Mumbai and they are still selling 6GT. With this news - some good discounts might be available. I was wondering how difficult is it to maintain a car model that's out of production?
Old 28th October 2023, 20:49   #7

Two points:
1. They came up with 6 GT signature in Sep 23, which means it is going to be active at least until dec’24
2. From the date of discontinuation, manufacturers are supposed to keep the support and maintenance active for 10 years. What I have been told is, that this is a legal contract.
Atin_k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks