Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2023, 12:22   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Tucson facelift coming soon; Spied testing for the first time

Hyundai launched the third-generation Tucson globally in 2020, and is now expected to get a facelift soon. Ahead of its expected arrival later this year, the facelift version has been spied testing for the first time.

The spy images showcase a camouflaged prototype without revealing the changes made. However, as seen from the images, the headlight and grille seem to remain unchanged, while the overall silhouette seems identical to the current model. Reports, though, state that the Tucson facelift could potentially get pixelated lights inspired by the brand's Ioniq 5 EV.

Hyundai Tucson facelift coming soon; Spied testing for the first time-tucsonfacelift1.jpg

Inside, the Hyundai Tucson could continue to offer a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment unit, albeit with a few tweaks and some new features. The SUV will continue to be powered by the same engine and transmission options as the current model.

Reports state that the Tucson facelift could be unveiled sometime later this year, with a launch in early-2024.

Hyundai is also expected to bring the facelift version to India at a slightly later stage.

Source: AutoExpress

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 30th June 2023 at 12:24.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 13:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Tucson facelift coming soon; Spied testing for the first time

The new Tucson already has such a radical and unique design, I don't think it even needs a facelift. There's just nothing like it, like it or not...
parrys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 14:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
The new Tucson already has such a radical and unique design, I don't think it even needs a facelift. There's just nothing like it, like it or not...
Agreed, I like the current design quite a lot, maybe there will be minor update to the interiors and that'll be it.
prash1892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 14:11   #4
BHPian

Hyundai is notorious for ruining some really well designed cars with ugly facelifts. I hope they dont ruin this beautiful design just like they did with the 1st gen i20, Creta etc.
Old 4th August 2023, 19:13   #5

I have test driven the Tucson Diesel version and loved the drive. I am yet to test drive the petrol version but I have gotten feedback that the NA petrol has lackluster driving power. With almost 39 big ones (Signature petrol) going out of the pocket even for the petrol version, I feel the turbo petrol with a higher power and torque should be a no brainer in the upcoming facelift. The current petrol engine in Tucson has lesser power than Alcazar, it's own cheaper sibling. If you want to compete with the upcoming VW Tiguan facelift/ upgrade (expected in 2024 if I'm right) in its petrol version, Tuscon must make its engine stronger, give a turbo boost. Otherwise someone spending 39 lakhs (maybe higher for the facelift) would go for the facelifted Tiguan instead.
Old 21st November 2023, 08:34   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

2025 Hyundai Tucson debuts with updated looks and all-new interior.

The facelifted Tucson sports an all-new interior with a panoramic curved display as well as updated switchgear.

Quote:
a new interior with a minimalist three-spoke steering wheel and a more traditional dashboard. The latter change allows the crossover to be equipped with a panoramic curved display, which consists of a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and a matching 12.3-inch infotainment system.

Further below, there’s new switchgear and relocated air vents. They’re joined by a new center console, which sports a wireless smartphone charger and two cup holders. Elsewhere, the shifter has been moved to the steering column and there are now a number of physical controls.
The facelifted Tucson is expected to arrive in India next year.

Hyundai Tucson facelift coming soon; Spied testing for the first time-screenshot-20231121-083410.png

Hyundai Tucson facelift coming soon; Spied testing for the first time-screenshot-20231121-083824.png

Hyundai Tucson facelift coming soon; Spied testing for the first time-screenshot-20231121-083516.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st November 2023 at 08:40.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 09:03   #7
BHPian

Why would they ruin the beautiful front DRL setup
The only thing which needed an update were the interiors with wireless android auto/ carplay and maybe a darker upholstery!
Eco_boost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 12:07   #8
BHPian

Interiors look quite good. Bigger screen and physical buttons is a welcome addition. Gear shifter is also relocated behind steering wheel. Not sure if this will come to India though.

Also India gets facelift post 2 years of global launch. So we are looking at Mid 2025 probably
Old 21st November 2023, 12:48   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2025 Hyundai Tucson debuts with updated looks and all-new interior.

The facelifted Tucson is expected to arrive in India next year.
Hyundai Designers are the most confused lot I've ever seen. Their design philosophy is changing every 2 years, i just don't get it.

Interiors are nice , but that steering wheel looks straight out of a toy car.
This one still has the cuts & creases, whereas the New Santa-Fe has a boxy design.
SRISRI_90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 13:37   #10
BHPian

Why would someone but a Tuscon in a market that already offers compelling and 30% cheaper options such as XUV700 or Harrier, or even the Hector? I feel Tuscon is marooned a bit from a positioning standpoint. It is neither competing with Fortuner/Gloster/Meridian nor with Harrier/Xuv700. Nor does it draw a brand recall of Jeep (Compass). The creature comforts become a little subjective beyond a price point, as the snob value steps in.
Old 21st November 2023, 14:05   #11
BHPian

As an existing Tuscon owner, I overall like the upgrades. Two things I would call,
  1. Alloys, I personally find current ones a lot more classy.
  2. Infotainment screen, I find the current one really nice, very understated. This on the other hand will only have to see in person and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskaracs View Post
Why would someone but a Tuscon in a market that already offers compelling and 30% cheaper options such as XUV700 or Harrier, or even the Hector? I feel Tuscon is marooned a bit from a positioning standpoint.
I would request you to actually do a test drive and then decide. Specsheet barely does justice to what Tuscon offers. Add Q3 and X1 to the mix. Probably post that it would be clear why Tuscon is doing good in numbers in that segment.
Having Harrier and XUV 700 (both top-end) in the extended family, Tuscon is a very good buy for the money.
abtyagi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 11:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_boost View Post
Why would they ruin the beautiful front DRL setup
Going against the tide here, but I actually like this new design- makes it look more SUVish, earlier design had hatchback vibes to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post

Also India gets facelift post 2 years of global launch. So we are looking at Mid 2025 probably
Autocar has confirmed next year launch & usually they are right. Only time will tell if its a early 2024 launch or in the festive season. Also, hopeful that this iteration gets the better petrol engine.

Quote:
Why would someone but a Tuscon in a market that already offers compelling and 30% cheaper options such as XUV700 or Harrier, or even the Hector?
I'm currently in the market for same segment & this thought has been bugging a lot. If only they'd have priced it 5L less, it'd be a no brainer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRISRI_90 View Post
Hyundai Designers are the most confused lot I've ever seen. Their design philosophy is changing every 2 years, i just don't get it.
Actually the new design looks good, but compared to the latest Santa Fe [boxy] & Kona [edgy], this one lies in the middle. Doesn't seem like coherent design philosophy across products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtyagi View Post
Having Harrier and XUV 700 (both top-end) in the extended family, Tuscon is a very good buy for the money.
If diesel is the pick then Tucson is better hands down, but if petrol is considered, I feel XUV700 has the best combination of performance, service costs, features etc. Since you own all the 3 cars in the family, seeking your inputs - if someone is just considering the Tucson petrol, are there any specific pointers on how Tucson is better than others?

Note : I've test driven both petrol & diesel power-trains of all the cars in segment.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 13:03   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

First video of the New Tucson on road.

Old 22nd November 2023, 15:01   #14
BHPian

I still don't like the design, but the front grill is much better now(personal opinion, I hate the creta design too). Then again, I am not going to buy this now. I own the 2021 model and am perfectly happy with it. 2 years and over 20k kilometers of niggle free experience.

Quote:
Why would someone but a Tuscon in a market that already offers compelling and 30% cheaper options such as XUV700 or Harrier, or even the Hector? I feel Tuscon is marooned a bit from a positioning standpoint. It is neither competing with Fortuner/Gloster/Meridian nor with Harrier/Xuv700. Nor does it draw a brand recall of Jeep (Compass). The creature comforts become a little subjective beyond a price point, as the snob value steps in.
I didn't want a Harrier when I purchased my car because of all the and horror stories. I am not going to purchase any Tata car until they fix the service and technical issues. Compass has a horrible automatic gearbox and ride quality is bad(again, this is my personal opinion).

I haven't driven the new Tucson, but the 8 speed gearbox of the 2021 model is far superior to Harrier/XUV700. I always say that Tucson has the best torque convertor gearbox under 40 lakhs. Unless you are willing to choose a car with DSG/DCT gearbox(again, possible reliability issues), Tucson is a brilliant choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
If diesel is the pick then Tucson is better hands down, but if petrol is considered, I feel XUV700 has the best combination of performance, service costs, features etc. Since you own all the 3 cars in the family, seeking your inputs - if someone is just considering the Tucson petrol, are there any specific pointers on how Tucson is better than others?

Note : I've test driven both petrol & diesel power-trains of all the cars in segment.
I won't recommend Tucson petrol if you are looking for performance. I can't really find the USP of Tucson petrol.
moongazer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 15:16   #15
BHPian

To one of the earlier comments - the question is not so much about the car itself. There have been several great cars that sold fewer volumes. I am only saying Tuscon poses a marketer's worst night mare given the positioning conundrum. Yes, i test drove Tuscon, and liked it a lot. But will not buy it - neither I have the budget, nor will I buy a Hyundai for 50 lakhs, even i had the money. Probably the volumes Tuscon currently sells also reflects the same.

Last edited by bhaskaracs : 22nd November 2023 at 15:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks