Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2023, 15:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes-Benz integrates ChatGPT into its MBUX system; test program commences

According to media reports, Mercedes-Benz has started a 3-month test program, which allows drivers in the USA will be able to operate their car's infotainment systems via ChatGPT.

The carmaker stated that drivers can opt for the ChatGPT, which can be downloaded over the air via the Mercedes app and is available on around 9 lakh vehicles which have the brand's MBUX system.

Mercedes-Benz integrates ChatGPT into its MBUX system; test program commences-mbux.jpg

As per reports, the ChatGPT makes the car's voice assist sound more natural, while also offering a range of new commands and information. This includes allowing drivers to ask for destination information and addresses; among other queries. Mercedes states that the integration of ChatGPT also enables drivers to hold conversations with their cars

Reports state that in the near future, the AI could carry out other tasks for the drivers as well, such as making restaurant reservations & booking movie tickets, all from behind the steering wheel.

Mercedes stated that, based on the findings from the test program, the company plans to offer the AI integration in other countries and in various languages as well.

Source: Autoblog

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 18th June 2023 at 15:50.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 15:57   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz integrates ChatGPT into its MBUX system; test program commences

I can already see the future of "AI assistant subscription" on the horizon. Wait till BMW incorporate Google assistant into the UX and charge some absurd price
Old 20th June 2023, 08:38   #3

Re: Mercedes-Benz integrates ChatGPT into its MBUX system; test program commences

I've always found these tools gimmicky and not something that I end up using after the purchase so subscription model makes more sense to me as you can opt in based on need, provided that the pricing is done right. Similar to how Tesla offers ADAS as a subscription.

This is certainly better than what Mercedes have now though so no complaints. And they are pioneering it which will definitely boost brand value and perception.

I wish there were still cars without a glass dash though. Sadly the E has also taken the plunge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks