Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2023, 11:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

A McLaren Senna GTR finds its new permanent home in a 57th-floor Australian penthouse

The McLaren Senna GTR is a track-only supercar limited to just 75 units worldwide, and now one of them will sit permanently in a 57th-floor ultra-expensive apartment in Melbourne, Australia.

A McLaren Senna GTR finds its new permanent home in a 57th-floor Australian penthouse-sennagtrhighrise.jpg

The Senna GTR was loaded onto a crane and carefully lifted up to the 57th floor by an eight-man crew, drawing quite the attention of onlookers. The apartment itself is said to be the most expensive property in Australia, costing US$ 26.3 million. It was bought by Adrian Portelli, a multi-millionaire property investor and the founder of the LMCT+ rewards club. Portelli revealed that the transportation of the GTR into the penthouse was included in the original price as part of the deal.

He even mentioned that the decision to set the Senna GTR inside the penthouse was because of its track-only status. The car will be the centrepiece of his new apartment and most likely its forever home, since getting it back on the road would be near impossible.

Source: CarScoops

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 15th May 2023 at 11:39.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 12:18   #2
BHPian

Re: A McLaren Senna GTR finds its new permanent home in a 57th-floor Australian penthouse

Sad ending to a great car. It is like an animal, which is caged in zoo just for amusement purposes.

Stories like these, finally make me understand why Ferrari doesn't allow it's owners to have certain exquisite models to themselves.
1LR-GUE is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 12:54   #3
BHPian

Re: A McLaren Senna GTR finds its new permanent home in a 57th-floor Australian penthouse

Sad to see a thoroughbred racecar being used as paperweight. With this arrangement I don't know how he would be able to maintain in it in running condition.
skarface is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 13:49   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Sad to see a thoroughbred racecar being used as paperweight. With this arrangement I don't know how he would be able to maintain in it in running condition.
My guess is that as a part of fire and safety requirements the car was drained of all fluids before being allowed to be put inside a building on such a high floor. So there is no way it’s in running condition even now if that was the case. It’s a piece of art for this owner clearly. He doesn’t view it as a car, he views it as a painting or sculpture.

On a side note, while I know it’s a sad way to use the car. I have to say it would be a dream to wake up in my home with a McLaren parked inside it.
AnkitHJain7 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 18:02   #5
BHPian

I hope the AC works. It'd be fun to atleast take a nap inside the car if nothing else.
Why not install a racing simulator and use the mechanicals of the actual car to drive on a virtual track. That should be fun.
Old 15th May 2023, 19:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

This car cannot be registered for road use and placing it in its final home is included in the price of the penthouse. I don’t see anything sad about it at all, instead of sitting in a warehouse or a garage he will see it everyday at home like a piece of art. Considering the price of original artwork, 3 million is not really eyebrow raising at all.

Have money, do what you want. The man is living his dream. Cheers to him.
Cyborg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 08:39   #7
BHPian

This reminds me of the movie Tower Heist. I believe that movie had a 1962 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso
Old 16th May 2023, 08:59   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Sad ending to a great car. It is like an animal, which is caged in zoo just for amusement purposes.
Well, lets just hope Dom finds it.
Attached Images

Last edited by corvus corax : 16th May 2023 at 09:01.
corvus corax is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 14:03   #9
Senior - BHPian

His Money his Rules.

However, by the power of the keyboard vested in me, I call this guy an idiot.

The Senna is an awesome track-car that deserves to see track-time. I am aware of a lot of Senna's that have become garage queen's but they are cared for as these are pretty much investment articles for those that can afford.

With this Senna permanently sealed in this high-rise tomb, it is nothing but, as somebody already stated, a paperweight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks