Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2023, 17:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Audi A6 sedan spied; To get updated interiors & a hybrid powertrain

Test mules of the next-generation Audi A6 sedan have been spied testing.

Next-gen Audi A6 sedan spied; To get updated interiors & a hybrid powertrain-audia61.jpg

Despite being a test mule, there is hardly any camouflage on the body, with most of the changes being underneath, in terms of prototype exhausts, modified bumpers and the interiors. The only external change is the presence of a 'high-voltage' warning sticker on the rear passenger door, indicating that the car has a plug-in hybrid powertrain.

Next-gen Audi A6 sedan spied; To get updated interiors & a hybrid powertrain-audia62.jpg

There is also a glimpse of the interiors visible in some of the spy shots. The images showcase the test mule having a digital instrument cluster, a free-standing central touchscreen infotainment system, a minimalistic gear shifter button and an electronic handbrake on the centre console. The dashboard can also be seen with the 'quattro' badging.

Next-gen Audi A6 sedan spied; To get updated interiors & a hybrid powertrain-audia63.jpg

While exact details of the powertrain are yet to be revealed, what is known is that the next-generation A6 or A7 will feature some form of electrification. While higher variants will get a plug-in hybrid, the lower trims could offer a more conventional hybrid system.

Also, the next-gen Audi A6 will be offered in sedan and wagon body styles. It will also get the S6 treatment, while the all-electric A6 e-tron model has already been confirmed.

Source: CarScoops

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 4th May 2023 at 17:19.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 18:36   #2
BHPian

Re: Next-gen Audi A6 sedan spied; To get updated interiors & a hybrid powertrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Despite being a test mule, there is hardly any camouflage on the body, with most of the changes being underneath, in terms of prototype exhausts, modified bumpers and the interiors. The only external change is the presence of a 'high-voltage' warning sticker on the rear passenger door, indicating that the car has a plug-in hybrid powertrain.
Classic Audi move by making a new generation with no changes in design. That's probably why they don't need to camouflage their test mule

Note from Support: Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post, for easy readability.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th May 2023 at 19:07. Reason: Trimming quoted post
cefiljoseph is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 18:45   #3

Re: Next-gen Audi A6 sedan spied; To get updated interiors & a hybrid powertrain

There seems to be almost no change. But for a change, I really like this considering how BMW and Mercedes have really taken up a whole new (some of them are just plain ugly) design language. This looks like a traditional sedan without any over-the-top headlamps or some weird connected light bars as taillamps. They definitely could have played around with the interiors some more though. Looks kind of plain. I completely hate this trend of plonking a massive touch screen and making it the main element of the interior. Wish car manufacturers would make an effort to give some character to their interiors rather than take the easy way out like this. One can only hope I guess!
Old 4th May 2023, 22:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cefiljoseph View Post
Classic Audi move by making a new generation with no changes in design. That's probably why they don't need to camouflage their test mule

Note from Support: Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post, for easy readability.
I guess they just put a current gen bodyshell on top of this test mule to check the powertrain. The final car will be different.
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 23:13   #5
BHPian

Audi exterior designers have the easiest design job amongst big 3 Germans!
I will be really curious to see what changes they make in next gen's exterior.

Last edited by OffRoadFun : 4th May 2023 at 23:16.
OffRoadFun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 08:50   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

All said & done, I love Audi's design language the best. The A6 & A8 look better than their counterparts from Mercedes, BMW & Lexus IMHO. There is a market for clean, elegant & timeless designs. BMW, especially, has gone all weird.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 09:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

The A6 looks so beautiful from any angle. It’s very classic and classy. The only think I didn’t like on the new one is that big free floating touch screen. I love the current one. It somehow looks like a sore thumb sticking out.
jkrishnakj is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 09:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
All said & done, I love Audi's design language the best. The A6 & A8 look better than their counterparts from Mercedes, BMW & Lexus IMHO. There is a market for clean, elegant & timeless designs. BMW, especially, has gone all weird.
While I like understated, I am not exactly a fan of this design. But I absolutely loved the Audi RS7 when I first saw it in the "Rana Naidu" series. That's one car I would like to check out when I am in a position to buy in that segment.
Old 7th May 2023, 01:47   #9
BHPian

My favourite of all A6 generations is the C7(2012-2015) and C7 facelift ,they looked real classy and elegant from all angles not to mention the sweet engine combos they had ,the 3.0 V6 TDI Quattro was a gem in the A6 lineup and in my opinion a keeper.
The new one’s still look good, is bigger, has more tech inside and in typical Audi design fashion is almost similar from all angles but simply miss the charm when viewed from the back.
Old 7th May 2023, 19:43   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
The A6 looks so beautiful from any angle. It’s very classic and classy. The only think I didn’t like on the new one is that big free floating touch screen. I love the current one. It somehow looks like a sore thumb sticking out.
I agree about the looks and about the screen. The Audi's of yester-years have aged really well.
But, IMHO, what gives them an edge today, is that their counterparts have somehow lost their sense of style [here's looking at you 7 series] while they are sticking with their understated looks. Now, if only they could make-up their minds about some decent engines [possibly a hybrid], they might shift a few of these A6's on indian roads.
This particular car looks like a mid-life update.
Old 13th May 2023, 16:12   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I completely agree with the stance, but the BMW7 series, i personally like the side profile and the rear profile of the car.
The chrome garnish line running from the front until the very end.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks