Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2023, 14:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW XM Label Red unveiled as brand's most powerful production car with 738 BHP & 1000 Nm

BMW has taken the wraps off the XM Label Red - the brand's most powerful production car.

The new BMW XM Label Red SUV comes with the brand's 4.4-litre twin-turbocharged V8, paired with a single electric motor. The hybrid powertrain offers a combined output of 738 BHP and 1000 Nm (a 95 BHP and 200 Nm increase over the standard XM). The Label Red version also comes with a 25.7 kWh battery pack, offering an electric-only range of around 85 km.

BMW XM Label Red unveiled as brand's most powerful production car with 738 BHP & 1000 Nm-bmwxmlabelred1.jpg

In terms of performance, the XM Label Red claims a 0 - 100 km/h time of 3.8 seconds - half a second quicker than the standard XM. The top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h but can be extended to 290 km/h via the M Driver's package. In EV mode, the car has a top speed of 140 km/h.

BMW XM Label Red unveiled as brand's most powerful production car with 738 BHP & 1000 Nm-bmwxmlabelred2.jpg

Setting it apart from the standard XM is a host of Toronto Red accents & highlights all around the car. This includes red accents on the side, around the kidney grille, red inserts on the wheel, diffuser, red XM badges and red brake calipers. The car also comes with a limited edition Frozen Carbon Black Matte exterior paint scheme.

BMW XM Label Red unveiled as brand's most powerful production car with 738 BHP & 1000 Nm-bmwxmlabelred3.jpg

Inside, the Label Red gets a red "1/500" inscription, two-tone leather upholstery and a host of carbon fibre elements all around, apart from all the tech carried over from the standard version.

BMW XM Label Red unveiled as brand's most powerful production car with 738 BHP & 1000 Nm-bmwxmlabelred4.jpg

The BMW XM Label Red will enter production in August at the brand's Spartanburg plant in South Carolina, USA. Prices for the XM Label Red will be announced at a slightly later stage.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 13th April 2023 at 14:54.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 15:31   #2
BHPian

Re: BMW XM Label Red unveiled as brand's most powerful production car with 738 BHP & 1000 Nm

Looks are subjective, but this one's ugly. The numbers sure are impressive, but it matters next to nothing if it doesn't have looks to match for it!
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 16:29   #3
BHPian

Re: BMW XM Label Red unveiled as brand's most powerful production car with 738 BHP & 1000 Nm

I'm soo sorry in advance of what I'm about to say, *Ahem* "the front grille looks like a pair of prolapsed rectums". This car will fail pedestrian safety because of the mental trauma it causes as one's gaze meets that face. What is up with the BMW design department? It's almost like they want us to hate it. Pt Barnum had said that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but he obviously hasn't seen this monstrosity. Hopefully it drives like a hooligan, so that whoever owns one can drive it to their hearts content knowing that the real damage is being done outside of the car.
Nikhildrao is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 16:42   #4
BHPian

The front is quite literally “lip stick on a pig”. This is one of the most hideous objects i have had the misfortune to lay my eyes on in a long time. BMW for some reason thinks it is a good idea to make the styling as offensive as possible.
Doge is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 18:08   #5
BHPian

Oh dear lord! Why is nobody telling BMW they are simply doing the marketing work for Mercedes now? This isn't helping BMW at all. This looks like a car you'd immediately want to scratch if you saw one in real life.
Old 13th April 2023, 20:11   #6
BHPian

The looks just don't matter anymore. This is the reason why :

And:

They have two much bigger problems. One is obesity and the other is over pricing.

Seriously, get the X5/X6 if you really want a fast BMW SUV. For the price I would buy an M5 and a daily driver Civic and invest the rest of the amount.

Some would say people with that amounts of money don't care about value propositions.
Well, the XM just doesn't feel special enough for that amount. It doesn't perform that well or doesn't handle all that great due to the weight (More than 6000 lbs). 0 to 100 in 3.8 seconds is something that was achieved almost a decade ago by the F80 M3 which did it in 3.9 seconds. And it certainly doesn't look that great and has a BMW interior seen in almost every other BMW. Not that they are bad, but they aren't special enough like for the price, unlike the much cheaper 760i or iX.

Last edited by MDH75 : 13th April 2023 at 20:14.
MDH75 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 11:27   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

This one reminds me more of the Red Label tea than the whiskey brand. While performance is one important thing, the looks do matter in most books. Hope BMW revamps their design philosophy.

Never thought I would say this. The other day I saw a new latest X7 parked by the road and I didn't slow down my scooter for a second look. A previous gen X7 prowls the roads in my locality for the past 2 years and it still looks like an odd ball (though better than the current gen).
Old 16th April 2023, 12:58   #8
BHPian

Lovely SUV and love its looks! Brash, Beefy, and Imposing- Just what cars should be to inspire mere mortals like most of us to work in the hope to acquire it one day! Saw an X7 facelift yesterday and it looked extremely good.

I wonder how good the upcoming 7 sedan or this XM will look on our roads! Personally loving this newfound brashness and uniqueness in the design of newer BMWs!
AMG1 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 18:23   #9
BHPian

I used to think that BMW designs are going to grown on me with time but good lord do they keep getting worse! The power numbers are nowhere as scary as the car looks

Must say that the black and red factory combo surely does look killer though!
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2023, 19:03   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think this looks pretty futuristic, I had to add my comment cause almost everyone doesn't seem to like it. I think it looks fine, give BMW a break guys!
Old 17th April 2023, 07:12   #11
BHPian

Sad that such a potent engine tune had to be paired with such an ugly car. Looks are subjective, yes and to me this looks butt ugly.
Old 17th April 2023, 09:54   #12
BHPian

So much power and potential, with utterly ugly exterior design. That's the DEADPOOL among cars.
Old 18th April 2023, 21:06   #13

I would get a Tesla X Plaid/Rivian R1S Quad than this monstrosity. The good old X5M looks way better in terms styling than this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks