Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2023, 10:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon

MINI is all set to introduce its next-generation Cooper hatchback globally. The next-gen MINI Cooper will come with a host of changes to both its exterior and interior, along with many other updates.

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-2024minicooper1.jpg

Ahead of its imminent arrival, the electric version of the hatchback, the Cooper SE has been spotted in Los Angeles during its advertorial photoshoot. The spy images showcase a completely undisguised model, revealing the entire car with all the details.

As seen from the images, the new-gen Cooper SE carries forward the recognisable MINI shape, albeit with a few notable changes. The car features new oval-shaped headlamps with dual horizontal elements inside. The front fascia has been updated with a larger grille surround and squared-off corners. The next-gen Cooper SE also comes with new alloy wheels and a dual-tone paint scheme. The rear gets a new set of triangular tail lights and vertically-oriented reflectors on the rear bumper.

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-2024minicooper2.jpg

MINI will offer the next-gen Cooper with both internal combustion and electric powertrain options. The ICE unit will further come paired with a 48V mild-hybrid system. The Cooper SE will get two battery pack options: 40 kWh and 54 kWh, with power outputs ranging from 181 BHP to 215 BHP. The new-gen MINI Cooper SE will also offer a range of 240 miles (386 km) as per the WLTP cycle.

The new-gen Cooper is expected to be unveiled sometime by the end of the year. However, it will go on sale globally in the summer of 2024.

Source: Cochespias/Instagram

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 5th April 2023 at 10:54.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 11:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon

Have to say this one, especially the front looks very close to the current gen Swift.
Not that big an upgrade for the aftermarkets if anyone is willing to

Last edited by shancz : 5th April 2023 at 11:19. Reason: acc
shancz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 12:44   #3
BANNED

Re: Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon

Oh no it's beginning to look more and more Chinese At this rate this should do a collab with Ora and release a Mini Funky Cat version
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 20:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Sorry but this new look of the Mini is not at all nice according to me. I love the look of my old 2012 Mini. I am good with all the iterations right up to the 2021 Mini. But this blue one in this latest iteration, is not my cup of tea.
Attached Thumbnails
Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-img_8360.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 21:55   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Sorry but this new look of the Mini is not at all nice according to me.

Absolutely hideous, both at the front and rear. The roundness is gone, look at the tail lights.

Quote:
love the look of my old 2012 Mini. I am good with all the iterations right up to the 2021 Mini.

Make it 2023, I love mine too

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th April 2023 at 21:57.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 11:50   #6
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki designers must be having the time of their life when the copiers get copied ������
Old 7th April 2023, 12:14   #7
BHPian

First question the owner would be asked - "yeh Swift ko kahan modify kiya??". At least the G-Wagen now has company for this type of question ("yeh modified Sumo hai kya?")

First they destroyed the Mini name with the hideous Clubman and Countryman. Now they will not spare the Mini is the name of "innovation". Maybe I stand alone, but for me the Mini will always stand for "small, fast and fun". It's not a tag that the Clubman or the Countryman can carry.

Now this new design just does not sit well with me at all. And with it's eye-watering prices, I don't expect even single-digit sales in India
Old 7th April 2023, 12:23   #8
BHPian

I am glad that Mini moved from the over complicated British flag rear lamps and too much front grill to a more sober design. I like this. Looking forward for that 40kWh version, as it has lower weight and is going to be a hoot to drive.
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 14:00   #9
BHPian

Am I the only one who likes it?

The only thing that looks ugly to me are the tail light. The Triangular lights seem out of place. Otherwise I think it looks quite good.

And while comparing it to the swift, I think Suzuki/Hyundai designers should learn a bit from this : how simple designs are often better at communicating the design intent and feeling than unnecessary cuts/creases.

Jimny is a recent good example from the Suzuki stable itself.
ZenMaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 03:16   #10
SYR

It looks like a water balloon with stickers. Are they getting the new bmw designers on board?
Old 12th April 2023, 12:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Next-gen Mini Cooper Electric globally unveiled ahead of 2024 launch

The next-gen Mini Cooper Electric was recently spied completely undisguised during a photoshoot in Los Angeles, USA, revealing most of the exterior design details of the car. Now, the carmaker has officially released a few exterior images of the electric hatchback.

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-2024minicooperelectric1.jpg

The official images confirm the design details all around the car. This includes the revamped LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs and a large front panel in place of the grille, which now houses the number plate and the driver assistance sensors. The front does come with an air intake at the bottom for the battery cooling system. The next-gen Cooper also comes with newly-designed alloy wheels and redesigned triangular-shaped LED taillights connected by a black bar with the 'Cooper S' badging on it.

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-2024minicooperelectric2.jpg

Mini didn't reveal the interiors of the new Cooper Electric. However, the hatchback is expected to come with a revamped dashboard with an infotainment screen on the signature circular central display, physical buttons and a 'funky' new instrument cluster.

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-2024minicooperelectric3.jpg

The next-gen Mini Cooper Electric is said to go on sale sometime in May 2024. It will be followed by the ICE-powered version a few months later. The new electric hatchback will come with the option of either a 40 kWh or 54 kWh battery pack, offering 240 miles and 300 miles of range, respectively.

More details on the 2024 Mini Cooper Electric will be announced closer to the date of launch.

Source: Autocar UK

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 12th April 2023 at 12:18.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 22:42   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

To be unveiled on Sept. 01

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-j1i54b.jpg
Old 1st September 2023, 07:50   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Official pics of the New Mini Cooper:

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-nfhdyr.jpg

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-dyei3c.jpg

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-4oh1nb.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 09:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Ouch. The front looks like a tarted up Swift. How the mighty have fallen. I absolutely adore the look the current mini especially JCW and with Union Jack tail lights
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 15:03   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

2024 Mini Countryman EV revealed with up to 287 miles of WLTP range.

The premium crossover is based on the same platform as the BMW iX1.

Quote:
Measuring 174.5 inches (4,433 millimeters) long, 72.5 in (1,843 mm) wide, and 65.1 in (1,656 mm) tall, the new-generation Countryman will make its public debut alongside the new Mini Cooper EV at this year’s IAA Munich starting on September 5.

The electrified third-generation crossover is 5 in (130 mm) longer and 2 in (60 mm) taller than its predecessor, and it will be available in two power levels: Countryman E, which has a WLTP-rated range of 287 miles (462 kilometers) and is motivated by a front-mounted electric motor that makes 201 horsepower (150 kilowatts) and 184 pound-feet (250 Newton-meters) of torque, and Countryman SE AL
Quote:
The more powerful version offers a WLTP range of 269 miles (433 km) and comes with a dual-motor all-wheel drive setup that’s good for a combined 308 hp and 364 lb-ft (494 Nm) of torque.

Battery-wise, the official press release doesn’t mention the capacity of either version, but previous teasers mentioned a 54-kilowatt-hour pack for the Countryman E and a 64-kWh pack for the Countryman SE ALL4. However, the charging rates are mentioned in the document, with both variants accepting up to 22 kW of AC power and up to 130 kW at a DC fast charger.

The entry-level vehicle can accelerate from 0 to 62 miles per hour in 8.6 seconds and reach a top speed of 105 mph (170 kilometers per hour), while the more potent model can sprint to 62 mph in 5.6 seconds and top out at 111 mph (180 kph).
Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-minicountrymanseall42024-1.jpg

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-screenshot-20230901-150151.png

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-minicountrymanseall42024-3.jpg

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-minicountrymanseall42024-2.jpg

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-screenshot-20230901-150735.png

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-screenshot-20230901-150834.png

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-screenshot-20230901-150819.png

Next-gen MINI Cooper SE spied undisguised during photoshoot; Unveil expected soon-screenshot-20230901-150801.png

Production of the third-generation Mini Countryman will begin at BMW Group’s factory in Leipzig, Germany later this year, at roughly the same time as the Chinese-built Mini Cooper EV. The two models will be joined by the Aceman crossover, which will debut in April 2024.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st September 2023 at 15:10.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks