Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2022, 16:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Fabia to be replaced by an all-new entry-level EV; to launch by decade end

Skoda is said to be working on an all-new entry-level electric model, which will replace the brand's popular Fabia hatchback.

According to a media report, Klaus Zellmer, CEO of Skoda Auto, confirmed that the current-gen Fabia will be succeeded by an all-electric model, which will be priced similar to the ICE-powered hatchback. Zellmer, however, added that their biggest challenge would be the cost of making such a compact battery electric vehicle.

Name:  skodafabia4gen.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  59.1 KB

On the occasion of the unveiling of the Vision 7S concept, Skoda also confirmed an Urban EV and a crossover. These will further be followed by two other electric cars, one of which will be the Fabia replacement. This earmarks Fabia's EV replacement to arrive sometime during the last quarter of the decade.

Reports also suggest that the new entry-level EV will feature a radically different styling compared to the Fabia; in line with the brand's new design language previewed by the Vision 7S. The new EV could also feature an SUV-style bodywork rather than the hatchback styling of the Fabia.

The new entry-level Skoda EV will be underpinned by Volkswagen Group's MEB architecture, which also underpins the Volkswagen ID.3.

Source: Autocar UK

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 7th September 2022 at 16:34.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 16:35   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia to be replaced by an all-new entry-level EV; to launch by decade end

Render of the E-SUV, will compliment VW's upcoming VW ID. 2

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 456
Size:  80.1 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th September 2022 at 16:36.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 20:13   #3
BHPian

Re: Skoda Fabia to be replaced by an all-new entry-level EV; to launch by decade end

I see a LOT of the Kia Seltos on the front of that render. Especially the headlights (honestly a lot of the front bumper) and even the hood! Pretty sharp change from the raised element in the centre of the hood which sported the Škoda badge at the front, just like the Vision 7S concept. It's only after the front three-quarters that I start to see a Škoda.

I'd be interested to learn how the packaging on this one turns out relative to its small footprint.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 7th September 2022 at 20:18.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 21:18   #4
BHPian

Ohh! Then I guess we can expect the VW Polo to follow in the same footsteps of Fabia. Mann, it's sad to see them getting replaced, both were two of the best hatchbacks world has ever seen.
They could use the name Fabia for their EV, but I doubt they will. Although they will give a proper name for the EV, considering the Enyaq as an example.
For other brands, the naming concept right now is revolving around numbers- ID2, ID3, ID4, ID5, ID6, Ioniq5, Ioniq6, EV6, EV9, etc etc etc.

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 7th September 2022 at 21:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks